Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Farcry1111

In Harvest Window But Flowering Light LED'S have broken

Hi guys,

My AK420 Autoflower is a week or so within its harvesting window. However the Flowering LED lights are not working anymore, meaning the plant is just receiving a 'blueish' vegetation light. 

Will having just the veg light on for a couple of days, harm the plants buds at this stage? I haven't got the time to harvest the plant until the weekend.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Farcry1111

It shouldn't do tbh mate, just not the right spectrum is all... I know a lot of growers who go for 24/48hr darkness before harvest as more trichomes are produced.

But no, you'll be fine for a couple of days with the veg light imo :cowboy:

1 person likes this

It’ll be fine mate 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, npx2020 said:

It shouldn't do tbh mate, just not the right spectrum is all... I know a lot of growers who go for 24/48hr darkness before harvest as more trichomes are produced.

But no, you'll be fine for a couple of days with the veg light imo :cowboy:

Thanks for your reply. I was originally going to flush the plant this weekend, but I guess I will have to do a super quick one tomorrow.

Would you recommend I put it on a bright windowsill until Sunday? I suppose it would at least be receiving some 'Flowering spectrum' light?

Edited by Farcry1111

5 minutes ago, Farcry1111 said:

Would you recommend I put it on a bright windowsill until Sunday? I suppose it would at least be receiving some 'Flowering spectrum' light?

For the sake of a couple of days mate, I probably wouldn't bother... You're probably talking a couple of grams worth of mass over 2 days at that stage of flower. Up to you though, if we get some nice sun then why not. Just be aware of what bugs are about :yep:

As long as your using organics then that flush should be fine, I always flush for 8-14 days though. It's a habit I cannot shake... Good luck man :cowboy:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, npx2020 said:

For the sake of a couple of days mate, I probably wouldn't bother... You're probably talking a couple of grams worth of mass over 2 days at that stage of flower. Up to you though, if we get some nice sun then why not. Just be aware of what bugs are about :yep:

As long as your using organics then that flush should be fine, I always flush for 8-14 days though. It's a habit I cannot shake... Good luck man :cowboy:

Cheers for that. 

What counts as organic? I am using Plant Magic Soil, with BioBizz Grow and Bloom.

If the absence of a flowering light stops the buds growing, would it stop the trichomes maturing (hence reducing the overall potency)?

12 minutes ago, Farcry1111 said:

What counts as organic? I am using Plant Magic Soil, with BioBizz Grow and Bloom.

If the absence of a flowering light stops the buds growing, would it stop the trichomes maturing (hence reducing the overall potency)?

Yeah... That is organic man so you're all good.

It won't stop the buds growing, just slow it because it's not getting the full spectrum of light it requires... And, no. I wouldn't say it would stop the trichomes maturing. If they're not ready now then they're not going to be ready in 2 days, regardless of what light you put them under. You'll just be giving more blue than red spectrum, it'll be more than fine for the 2 days you're gonna be leaving them under it for... As I said though, check out the thoughts and feelings for 24/48 hours dark before harvest. Trichomes are produced in the dark as a defence to keep bugs and things away from the buds, so you will always get a bit more if you leave them dark first... Again, as long as your trichomes are milky/turning amber.

1 person likes this