Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thebreadbinman

Advice needed: Time to harvest??

Hi all,

I'm a first time grower. Planted an autoflowering seed in June, and it started to flower around 4/5 weeks ago. 

Development has been slow. I'm worried the heat has caused flowers to 'popcorn'. Trichomes looks white & pistils are brown but not much growth in terms of cola formation.

Not sure whether I could cut my losses, harvest now and make do with what I've got/use it for hash, or wait it out & see if the colas form bigger buds.

Any expert eyes would be greatly appreciated!

Peace

large.weed1.jpglarge.weed2.jpglarge.weed3.jpg

1 person likes this

Looks like you're close to the finish line unfortunately pal, grown on a balcony I'm guessing? 

Doesn't look like it got much light, also the term popcorn is typically used to describe the small nugs on lower branches, which a lot of people get rid of early on to avoid having the plant spend any time/resources on less than ideal bud sites.

Better off with a photo you can train longer on your next go.

1 person likes this

I don't think you going to get any more mileage from that girl but the important thing is you now have some valuable experience under your belt. I would suggest next year you crack the seeds mid April and get them outside as soon as they have two or three sets of true leaves with maybe some fleece to protect against the risk of late frost.    

1 person likes this

Thanks so much for this guys.

I've cut her down, trimmed and am drying out. Now the leaves are out the way it looks like I'll have around 4g of dried material post-curing, which means I'll probably have broken even regarding my investments. An acceptable accomplishment for my first plant!

Thank you for the advice moving forward. I think next time I'll look at some cannabis-friendly nutrients & soil to feed her properly. Any advice to boost yeild is always welcome!

Peace x

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, thebreadbinman said:

I've cut her down, trimmed and am drying out. Now the leaves are out the way it looks like I'll have around 4g of dried material post-curing, which means I'll probably have broken even regarding my investments. An acceptable accomplishment for my first plant!

Thank you for the advice moving forward. I think next time I'll look at some cannabis-friendly nutrients & soil to feed her properly. Any advice to boost yeild is always welcome!

Peace x

Best advice is to read read read :P steep learning curve but once you've got it you've got it, best of luck to ya.

7 hours ago, thebreadbinman said:

Peace x

Well done and I think you have probably done a hell of a lot better than many others who have suffered a total loss due rot this year.

Any reason you've taken all the budsites off the stems? Lost half your plant there.

Edited by Bigbob88

Stop stripping off so much, autos are prone to being stressed easy read up on low stress training and only take off the leaves that are really in the way, probably why growth was slow.

Edited by Lostlew