Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
junglelove

Emerald Isle - Lat 53

Hey guys, firstly id like to offer a big thank you to all the contributers on this forum, this is my first grow (be gentle with me haha) and ive learned a lot through trawling the archives...the site has also been a great distraction through this whole lockdown ting, so yea..been lurking for months..thought id chip in!

Planted 3 x Auto Mazar and 3 x Auto Ultimate (Dutch Passion) on 29/04 in a small polytunnel, in retrospect this might have been a little earlier for my location which is quite mountainous and judging by other plants (foxgloves etc) seems to be about 2 weeks behind nearby areas at lower altitude. They were slow enough to take off and i quickly realised my inexperience was going to be an issue (particularly in terms of medium - i used a half n half blend of topsoil and compost) So after a bit more research, back to the drawing board with a batch of new seeds. (5 x Dinafem WWxxl and 3 x Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies..both Autos) soaked in water for about 18hours, straight into a variety of plastic pots from maybe 7-11 litres..just whatever i had laying around...the key difference was the soil, mixed up a new batch with about 20% rich topsoil, 30% compost, 30% Farmyard manure, 20% perlite..the widows popped through 4 days later (20 May) while the CC took an extra day or two..but 100% germination for both which was pretty sweet...so everything was going really well in the polytunnel..a couple of slug issues..(made some spikey collars from beer cans and copper tape..pretty much sorted that out)

Suddenly had 13 happy little plants, sun was shining..thought we would be in for one of those rare, special summers in Ireland, but then the weather patterns changed and seem to have been hit by rain and wind and generally dreary, grey weather ever since haha...the polytunnel turned into a kite and landed up in a neighboring field on more than one occassion..lost a couple of plants along the way, but more or less managed to salvage the operation, Got some nutes going..Biobizz Fishmix graduating to Grow, Bloom, Top Max, Heaven and Acti-Vera (i know..."all the gear - no idea" haha) started on quite low dosages, but have increased steadily..sort of half following the biobizz schedule, half winging it while trying to read each individual plants progress and needs.

The biggest concern was the weather, the pounding wind in particular..i was lucky to have an old window and frame laying around which i repurposed into a kind of ghetto coldframe using some old crates for supports, the addition of 4 fence panels helps break the wind while allowing a bit of air movement as the humidity in this are is pretty insane..this setup has been a lifesaver, allowing me to easily move the girls into the open when the weather allows and giving some protection from deer, rain, wind...on that, i lost a couple of plants due to wind damage which broke some branches allowing for stem/bud rot to enter the system..i was pretty ruthless in dealing with this, cutting off colas and taping up the stalk..i managed to salvage a couple of under ripe buds, but pretty annoying..had a few spots of powdery mildew form on fan leaves when left in "The Fort" for a few days, but have treated them with milk and water..not a major issue so far... ive harvested 2 Ultimate and 1 Mazar...which may have been a little early..but this has given me a chance to test a couple of drying methods, half ending up in brown bags the other half wet trimmed and hung in a shed..both seem to be ok, no mold issues..good experience for when the bigger, more developed plants mature..so yea...thats basically where im at now...got 4 and a half White Widow XXL Autos at 80 days, 3 x Colorado Cookie Autos at 78 days (and one little Dinafem Gorilla Glue photo for the craic) I would have to say the Dinafem WWxxl are the best of the bunch IMO..i might be wrong here, but looks like 2 phenos, one stocky Indica type jobbie and one lanky Sativa leaning one..(again, total noob, so might just be my enviroment etc) here are a couple of photos of the project, would love any feedback :) 

large.fort2.jpglarge.fort3.jpglarge.fort4.jpglarge.fort1.jpg

10 people like this

Nice job on the grow good results for your first grow. Get a few photos out next year , they blow the autos out the water for yield. Weather has been fair shit over here this summer so far eh ? 

1 person likes this

Thanks for the kind words, pal..yea weather has been dire since the total lockdown eased, a nice high pressure system for a couple of weeks would be very welcome haha..have you got anything on the go?

1 person likes this

On 8/13/2020 at 6:54 AM, junglelove said:

Thanks for the kind words, pal..yea weather has been dire since the total lockdown eased, a nice high pressure system for a couple of weeks would be very welcome haha..have you got anything on the go?

Sorry for the late response I only saw your reply now. Did your set up survive the big storm ? I have a few bits out this year all RGSC and accidental RGSC hacks that were made last year by a pesky male that survived Being uprooted and thrown across a field. All plants are doing well despite the awful weather. I was very pleased with the produce last year so hoping for another good result this year

1 person likes this

Hey man, yea I decided to give em the chop last weekend..at about 88 days from breaking soil..had a look at about 5 weather forecasts and they all suggested last week would be shit, had a little budrot starting to show so couldn't take the risk..drying has been a bit of challenge too..moved from far away but freaking humid shed to the close shed with electricity, dehumidifier etc..but the smell was pretty overpowering with no extraction, smelled like a reggae party in the driveway so have now run 2 extension cables into a dog kennel stuffed with brown paper bags full of bud and a dehumidifier..its pretty ghetto, but another couple days and they'll be in jars! 

Tbh I did this all in a rush with whatever beans I could get, but have learned so much this year, ill be far better informed and prepared for next year..i keep browsing the RGSC as everyone on this cant get enough of them, so that'll be my first port of call next year! Have one dinafem GG photo still going...a tonne of leaves but nothing else yet..hope you're able to finish strong after whats been a mega challenging summer!

2 people like this