Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Charles77

Royal Dwarf issues?

16 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

So I´m growing indoor a couple of autoflowers and got a Royal Dwarf from RQS that I think it´s not growing properly.

This is the 6th week and I see that the buds are really small (like popcorn) and the leaves are getting yellow and facing to the soil like bending down.

Once in a week I give her 1litre of water with nutrients (Bio bizz - grow, bloom and topmax) and just water when the soil is dry.

Not sure if the pots that are to small? I use 3.8 Litres cloth pots or some nutrient burn or deficiency.

Not sure if need calmag or a bigger Pot! 

I tooked some pictures outside but she is usually stays in my growtent!

Light schedule is 18/6 with a Mars Hydro 600.

All the other plants look ok but this one is looking very weak!

Any thoughts and advices would be great!

Thank you large.20200806_142141.jpglarge.20200806_142129.jpglarge.20200806_142057.jpglarge.20200806_142004.jpglarge.20200806_141847.jpglarge.20200806_141918.jpg

I believe that Auto's should go straight into a large pot3.8 is far too small, they don't need much feeding and will do better on a 24 hr light schedule and if anything it looks overwatered to me

1 person likes this

One litre per week.  I'd say under watered.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Larry Badgeley said:

I believe that Auto's should go straight into a large pot3.8 is far too small, they don't need much feeding and will do better on a 24 hr light schedule and if anything it looks overwatered to me

What if I put her in a bigger pot?

And see if she can get better.

1 hour ago, Pearl said:

One litre per week.  I'd say under watered.

one litre per week with nutrients and everytime the soil is dry I give her 1 litre of water.

2 hours ago, Charles77 said:

What if I put her in a bigger pot?

And see if she can get better.

At this stage i wouldnt be potting her on,  i think its a case of ride it out.      I would also say its poss under watering.   

I find autos need to go into their final pots by wk 3 and a less is more approach to feeding mate.    

all the best & i hope she comes good :) 

1 person likes this

As others have said, pot is far too small, 10L is probably the minimum you could get away with and auto's don't like to be re-potted.

1L a week isn't enough but due to your pot size it's a catch 22, if you water it more often you'll suffocate the roots but at the same time they're not getting all the nutrients they require. What is your medium? I think if i remember correctly as the weeks go on i had to increase the nutrients, was upto around 3ml of bloom per litre and I was watering maybe every 3/4 days as and when they needed it.

It's not a write off though, my first grow all i got were popcorn buds but that was due to my light source, I've still got some popcorn bud and it's perfectly smokeable, but the most important thing to remember is you're learning. Next grow will be a lot better and perhaps you could start a diary so people can help you step by step if you need it :yep:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, mystic_roots said:

So thank you all for all the Feedback!

I decided to pot my Royal Dwarf in a 9 Litre pot. Whatever happens cannot be worst than it was! Well I Hope so!

Like Mystic_roots said: Always learning!

Thank you.

large.20200806_202348.jpg

1 hour ago, mystic_roots said:

I decided to pot my Royal Dwarf in a 9 Litre pot. Whatever happens cannot be worst than it was! Well I Hope so!

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Charles77 said:

Thank you.

You should be feeding it most if not every time you water are you using just bio grow and bloom?

I wouldn't feed much for a bit if it's in fresh compost though. :g:

Yea wouldn't feed for a min dude. Water when needed and see how it reacts first I would. :yinyang:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, BodhiGarden said:

Yea wouldn't feed for a min dude. Water when needed and see how it reacts first I would. :yinyang:

i´ll do that.

thanks.

1 hour ago, Pearl said:

I wouldn't feed much for a bit if it's in fresh compost though. :g:

yes, 

I will wait for a while

thanks

2 people like this

1 hour ago, ozdia said:

You should be feeding it most if not every time you water are you using just bio grow and bloom?

I´m using grow, bloom and top max from bio bizz.

From now on only water and it´s going to be in a couple of days.

thanks

1 person likes this