Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dov1

1st ever grow, auto amnesia and auto white widow under 250w HPS

163 posts in this topic

Im not sure if these are okay yet, i think they are to clear still but ive notice a fee little browny/orange trichomes.. some outside opinions would be really helpful :smokin:

Auto amnesia.

large_168.jpglarge.5f63b84265a0e_168(3).jpglarge.5f63b83a8aaec_169(2).jpglarge.5f63b840c001a_168(2).jpglarge_169.jpglarge.5f63b8440b81c_168(4).jpg

The auto white widow is still a way behind 

large.5f63b846e79c0_168(5).jpglarge.5f63b84a13037_168(6).jpglarge.5f63b84d547d3_168(7).jpg

1 person likes this

Depends on what you're after mate. Yes, they could get milkier but is that what you want (less clear gives you more of a couchlock stone I believe)? Personally (as I don't mind a couchlock!) I don't pay attention to the colour of trichomes. I just let them go as long as I can. In the past, I followed the 80\20 rule (80% pistils are brown) but IME I was then chopping too early. More recently I've been leaving longer until all but the newest pistils are brown, so nearer 90-95% brown pistils. This means a couple more weeks growing which translates into a better yield.

2 people like this

10 hours ago, mrrichiet said:

Depends on what you're after mate. Yes, they could get milkier but is that what you want (less clear gives you more of a couchlock stone I believe)? Personally (as I don't mind a couchlock!) I don't pay attention to the colour of trichomes. I just let them go as long as I can. In the past, I followed the 80\20 rule (80% pistils are brown) but IME I was then chopping too early. More recently I've been leaving longer until all but the newest pistils are brown, so nearer 90-95% brown pistils. This means a couple more weeks growing which translates into a better yield.

Thanks mate ill waot till theyre a bit milkier then :)

1 person likes this

Look for the trichs on the buds not the sugar leaves. Sugar leaves go amber long before the buds.

You can look at a good 85 days before harvesting.

Edited by Bayleaf
2 people like this

Those trichs in the photos (even though they are on the leaves) are clear or just going milky. Look for signs that the individual buds (calyxes) are swelling and keep growing until they are like little peas with 30% amber trichs. It will be worth the wait but they could go on to >90 days so don't despair!

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Bayleaf said:

Those trichs in the photos (even though they are on the leaves) are clear or just going milky. Look for signs that the individual buds (calyxes) are swelling and keep growing until they are like little peas with 30% amber trichs. It will be worth the wait but they could go on to >90 days so don't despair!

Oh i see i wasnt aware autos went that long! Ill go check the bud trichs when its lights on

The breeders generally give a time for when the trichs first turn milky, in perfect conditions. I find most of my autos are ready (for my taste) in around 85 days.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Bayleaf said:

The breeders generally give a time for when the trichs first turn milky, in perfect conditions. I find most of my autos are ready (for my taste) in around 85 days.

Yeah these have a 10 week estimate and we are coming up to it  now but being my first chop i dont want to be to eager and early! 

1 person likes this

IME breeders times are far too short, I guess it's a marketing thing (they figure people want a fast turnaround). Loads of seeds say 8 weeks but I've never known any plant I've grown be ready in that kind of time. I suspect they start the clock ticking about 2 weeks after flipping whereas we tend to count from the flip to 12/12. 

e2a: Just realised, this is a bit of a moot point given that you're growing autos!! 

Edited by mrrichiet
2 people like this

42 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

IME breeders times are far too short, I guess it's a marketing thing (they figure people want a fast turnaround). Loads of seeds say 8 weeks but I've never known any plant I've grown be ready in that kind of time. I suspect they start the clock ticking about 2 weeks after flipping whereas we tend to count from the flip to 12/12. 

e2a: Just realised, this is a bit of a moot point given that you're growing autos!! 

Aha yeah they write it from seed to harvest, and i am sure i could chop at 10 weeks and it be fine but i want those triches to be at their peak potency as i have smoked for a long time, then again the dealer stuff might not be as strong as i think it is, once i get to smoke some of my own itll give me a gauge of the difference. Cant wait to stop shady meetings and small bags.

4 people like this

Got my ecoair dc14, been running for over 24hrs now and its keeping humidity between 45 and 50 perfectly, have it running outside the tent and monitoring hr rating inside tent at top and bottom, i want a aircomfort sensor though tey look decent.

Ill keep posted on how to dehu does over next couple weeks and into curing too, seems to have been a solid purchase

1 person likes this

Day 70 for the amnesia and 65 for the white widow.

The amnesia is getting stickier and smellier every day.

The white widow has started to bulk on her buds now.

Both plants are recieving 4l water with 16ml biobizz bloom every 2 to 3 days at the moment. However the amnesia is going into the 11th week now and jm wondering if j should maybe reduce the bloom gradually or just keep as it is till im ready to feed just water... 

Left - white widow  

Right - amnesia 

large_172.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

However the amnesia is going into the 11th week now and jm wondering if j should maybe reduce the bloom gradually or just keep as it is till im ready to feed just water... 

I don't think it will make much difference either way. I don't think there will be any benefit to tapering them off. They still look a bit hungry to me, I'm not sure why you haven't been using 1ml of Grow in there as BB's feeding chart says to. 

2 hours ago, mrrichiet said:

I don't think it will make much difference either way. I don't think there will be any benefit to tapering them off. They still look a bit hungry to me, I'm not sure why you haven't been using 1ml of Grow in there as BB's feeding chart says to. 

Ive been following this loosely

large.5f2b00d853df4_biobizzfeedingshedule.jpg

At week 9, day 63 i removed grow from the feeds but done 4ml bloom instead of 3? 

The amnesia had like two waterings like this and the widows had 1 one :unsure:

Is this wrong? 

I did notice the nitrogen def when i did it but thought that was normal at this stage of flower? 

An extra ml of bloom isn't going to make any noticeable difference at this stage so it's not wrong. I just still think they've been a bit yellower than necessary (very slightly too little grow) but it's marginal. I know you had some advice earlier about clawing, plus people have already said that yellowing is natural so it suggests they're getting just about the right amount (and you don't want to be adding too much so underdoing it is preferable). A few experienced growers here have said though that if they're fed right then they shouldn't need to yellow, plus my experience with Wilma\hydro also shows this to be the case. I almost don't want to write that down in case it starts a debate so please just take than as my own humble, amateur experience.

I think what you've done is absolutely fine, I'm just trying to squeeze that last 1% out of it. It's been a great first attempt (better than I've done in soil!!). 

1 person likes this