Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Dov1

1st ever grow, auto amnesia and auto white widow under 250w HPS

163 posts in this topic

Hi so i need a little help guys, im in week 8 on the amnesia and im noticing a few leaves losing their colour and going a bit crispy in the mid canopy. Im at my limit wth nutes im my opinion, im not even remotly near chop im j8st a liytle confused

 

large.20200903_074150.jpg

Share this post


Link to post


Heat burn and/or light burn. I don't use HPS but if it's crispy leaves it could be either of these

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

Heat burn and/or light burn. I don't use HPS but if it's crispy leaves it could be either of these

Its not up top on the leaves above these, these are from middle/lower section of plant, 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I disagree with the above comment (-1, has changed since I started writing!), not for mid canopy.

 

I don't know the answer to this, I always get the same in soil. My guess would be insufficient Nitrogen. Have you done a good run-off to make sure the soil isn't becoming anaerobic?

Edited by mrrichiet
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

I disagree with the above comment (-1, has changed since I started writing!), not for mid canopy.

 

I don't know the answer to this, I always get the same in soil. My guess would be insufficient Nitrogen. Have you done a good run-off to make sure the soil isn't becoming anaerobic?

You know what im a bloody idiot i forgot to do that, ill be putting 10l of nuted water through when i get to the girls today and see how they go :wallbash:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Take pics of the whole plant/s with the light off, it's impossible to diagnose a deficiency under the glare of hps.

 

Going on the pics of the leaves on there own I would hazard a guess they're starving.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Take pics of the whole plant/s with the light off, it's impossible to diagnose a deficiency under the glare of hps.

 

Going on the pics of the leaves on there own I would hazard a guess they're starving.

Respectfully its only these leaves i removed the rest of the plants is a normal colour no signs of any def thats why im so confused

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

Respectfully its only these leaves i removed the rest of the plants is a normal colour no signs of any def thats why im so confused

Out of curiosity.. have you looked at the plants without the hps switched on/in day light??

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dov1 said:

Hi so i need a little help guys, im in week 8 on the amnesia and im noticing a few leaves losing their colour and going a bit crispy in the mid canopy. Im at my limit wth nutes im my opinion, im not even remotly near chop im j8st a liytle confused

 

 

How long does Amnesia usually run for? I would expect a few yellow leaves at week 8 Tbh I have a few yellow leaves at week 6 on one plant but not enough to trouble me 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Assuming it's the auto ammo from dinafem expected run time is 75-90days according to the blurb @Jimboo

 

10-12 weeks.   So no, a few yellow leaves isn't exactly a cause for major concern no.

 

Particularly if they're lower down the plant, it's likely just using up it's N reserves :yep:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dodgee said:

Out of curiosity.. have you looked at the plants without the hps switched on/in day light??

Yeah i have thats why im sure their main colour looks good these few lower leaves are on their own, thanls for the help dodge :)

 

1 hour ago, Jimboo said:

How long does Amnesia usually run for? I would expect a few yellow leaves at week 8 Tbh I have a few yellow leaves at week 6 on one plant but not enough to trouble me 

 

1 hour ago, Dodgee said:

Assuming it's the auto ammo from dinafem expected run time is 75-90days according to the blurb @Jimboo

 

10-12 weeks.   So no, a few yellow leaves isn't exactly a cause for major concern no.

 

Particularly if they're lower down the plant, it's likely just using up it's N reserves :yep:

They are female seeds UK discount seeds they have an expected flowering of 10 weeks and by the looks of the buds they are on line for this, as i say it was just thosr 4 leaves rest look healthy so im not to worried just a bit confused wasnt expecting them to start yellowing till right before chop.

 

Thanks guys for putting my.mind at ease it does sound like its just nature doing its thing however i will make sure to flush the pots with nuted water tonight to make sure i have got rid of the salts from biobizz 

 

Ill get some update pics tonight too :)

Edited by Dov1
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

So both plants have been flushed througjh with nuted water at 1ml grow and 3ml bloom per litre with a good amoint of run off to get rid of those pesky salts.

 

Day 53 for the auto amnesia, shes is bulking out  nicely and has some wierd conjoined twin stem very interested to see how she ends up 

 

 

this is her under normal light out of the tent

large.SmartSelect_20200903-173643_Gallery_compress98.jpg

 

Canopy upshot of the amnesia

large.20200903_174627_compress72.jpg

 

Some nice weight she getting now ive had to support them inwards to the main stem as they have started to bend a bit.

large.20200903_174435_compress8.jpg

 

One of the colas

large.20200903_174558_compress14.jpg

 

The abnormality! 

large.20200903_174612_compress53.jpg

 

Day 48 for the white widow and she hasnt grown any taller and has started to get fatter bud sites, excited to see all of these connect up and make some chunky colas!

large.20200903_174451_compress98.jpg

 

Canopy shot from under white widow

large.20200903_174658_compress32.jpg

 

Here are the girls side by side, ive put the ami on a box so shes not to far from the light, dont want her getting sad and neglected!

 

large.20200903_174530_compress39.jpglarge.20200903_174515_compress34.jpg

 

I hope everyone is enjoying the photos as im having a great time with this, cant wait till i can taste these two :D

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

So both plants have been flushed througjh with nuted water at 1ml grow and 3ml bloom per litre with a good amoint of run off to get rid of those pesky salts.

 

Day 53 for the auto amnesia, shes is bulking out  nicely and has some wierd conjoined twin stem very interested to see how she ends up 

 

 

this is her under normal light out of the tent

large.SmartSelect_20200903-173643_Gallery_compress98.jpg

 

Canopy upshot of the amnesia

large.20200903_174627_compress72.jpg

 

Some nice weight she getting now ive had to support them inwards to the main stem as they have started to bend a bit.

large.20200903_174435_compress8.jpg

 

One of the colas

large.20200903_174558_compress14.jpg

 

The abnormality! 

large.20200903_174612_compress53.jpg

 

Day 48 for the white widow and she hasnt grown any taller and has started to get fatter bud sites, excited to see all of these connect up and make some chunky colas!

large.20200903_174451_compress98.jpg

 

Canopy shot from under white widow

large.20200903_174658_compress32.jpg

 

Here are the girls side by side, ive put the ami on a box so shes not to far from the light, dont want her getting sad and neglected!

 

large.20200903_174530_compress39.jpglarge.20200903_174515_compress34.jpg

 

I hope everyone is enjoying the photos as im having a great time with this, cant wait till i can taste these two :D

 

Looking good pal

Share this post


Link to post

'kin hell @Teesside steady on with superfluous quoting!! (is it too late to edit?)

 

I reckon she's looking a bit yellow @Dov1. Should be OK though :) 

 

I have previously read on these boards that a well raised plant shouldn't start suffering yellow leaves but I ain't going to get into a debate as others have said it's to be expected.

Edited by mrrichiet

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

'kin hell @Teesside steady on with superfluous quoting!! (is it too late to edit?)

 

I reckon she's looking a bit yellow @Dov1. Should be OK though :) 

 

I have previously read on these boards that a well raised plant shouldn't start suffering yellow leaves but I ain't going to get into a debate as others have said it's to be expected.

 

I would up the bloom to 4ml but ive noticed a tiny bit of burn on tips as it is :(

I guess its only a week and half till i need to start checking for chop..

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now