Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dov1

1st ever grow, auto amnesia and auto white widow under 250w HPS

163 posts in this topic

so day 36 for the auto amnesia, shes stretched up a bit more thought she was done with that but obviously not, seems shes made some nice cola zones, had a tidy of any wilted or yellowed leaves at lower canopy now that there are no others developing these signs, has made watering easier too. 

large.20200817_202413_compress34.jpglarge.20200817_202345_compress67.jpg

Its day 31 for the auto white widow and she is shooting up great shes in her stretch it seems, all done with LST just maintaining canopy evenness and tidying any obsolete leaves away, started to add a little bloom to the water alongside the grow now. 

large.20200817_202424_compress83.jpglarge.20200817_202506_compress40.jpg

Only issue atm is RH, its creeping up and have clocked it at 77 once, added 2 dehumidifying blocks and a electric one for now, going to purchase a large 10l/pd or 20l/pd one with humidistat and attach the passive intake to the dehumidifiers air outtake with ducttape...

Edited by Dov1
3 people like this

1 hour ago, Dov1 said:

so day 36 for the auto amnesia, shes stretched up a bit more thought she was done with that but obviously not, seems shes made some nice cola zones, had a tidy of any wilted or yellowed leaves at lower canopy now that there are no others developing these signs, has made watering easier too. 

large.20200817_202413_compress34.jpglarge.20200817_202345_compress67.jpg

Its day 31 for the auto white widow and she is shooting up great shes in her stretch it seems, all done with LST just maintaining canopy evenness and tidying any obsolete leaves away, started to add a little bloom to the water alongside the grow now. 

large.20200817_202424_compress83.jpglarge.20200817_202506_compress40.jpg

Only issue atm is RH, its creeping up and have clocked it at 77 once, added 2 dehumidifying blocks and a electric one for now, going to purchase a large 10l/pd or 20l/pd one with humidistat and attach the passive intake to the dehumidifiers air outtake with ducttape...

Looking good buddy.  I have had similar issues with RH and recently bought a small 1L dehumidifier that I have propped up to have its intake just above the air intake entrance inside my tent.  I have seen a steady decrease in humidity and it's now gone from 75/80 RH to a steady 60.  I know 60 is still a little high but with good air circulation it should be fine.

How have you found the dehumidifying blocks?

Edited by EggNigma
1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, EggNigma said:

Looking good buddy.  I have had similar issues with RH and recently bought a small 1L dehumidifier that I have propped up to have its intake just above the air intake entrance inside my tent.  I have seen a steady decrease in humidity and it's now gone from 75/80 RH to a steady 60.  I know 60 is still a little high but with good air circulation it should be fine.

How have you found the dehumidifying blocks?

Thanks dude, Ah thats a good idea ill see if i can get mine hooked up to the intake on the inside, the humidistat on them would be useful then too.

I have only had them in there a day but humidity is still upper 60s but hasnt gone over 70 since, i want to try for 50 tbh i in no way think theyre for long use just helping while i get a good dehumidifier 

Edited by Dov1
1 person likes this

Day 39 for the ami and her buds are starting to develop and all the sites are really clear throughout the plant

large.20200820_180929_compress89.jpg

Day 34 for the widow and shes almoat caught up in hight, ive raised the light a bit as its super hot here atm ro.

large.20200820_181019_compress24.jpg

2 people like this

Weekend update, amis doing same as normal, white widow has stopped stretching it feels like and sites are forming.

large.20200822_224937_compress10.jpg

Edited by Dov1
4 people like this

Day 45 for the amnesia and shes fattening up nicely, noticed some little trichs starting to form too.

I noticed some burnt leaves at the bottom so ive lowered the nutes slightly to 1ml grow and 2ml bloom per litre from 1ml grow and 3ml bloom, in hindsight i probably should have already but if it continues ill lower the grow to 0.5 for rest of grow each plant gets 4litres in their wet and dry cycle i dont get much run off though maybe max 250ml per pot, biobizz chart says no need for runoff however a lot of people say to still do it, i may raise the watering to 6L..

Any views on this?? 

Also i noticed some brown spots lower down so i added 1ml per litre of calmag for this watering however i have hard water so i dont think itll do much.. 

Ive removed the leaves that were yellow or burnt or spotty as they were all at the bottom not really getting any light.

large.20200826_182354_compress18.jpg

Day 40 for the white widow and shes suprised me with stretch, i thought shed finished but last 2 days shes made a bit of a jump up and is a bit taller than the ami now! Shes budding up now too so i think she might be actually done stretching now..

i hope so as i dont want the light getting to high above the ami 

large.20200826_182339_compress78.jpg

Here are the girls side by side

large.20200826_182410_compress90.jpg

4 people like this

Looking good on the whole mate. I found in soil that the problems started right about now so keep a close eye on things.

The advice about run-off is good I think, I guess biobizz say not to as it washes out nutes but it's useful for the replacement of air\gases in the root mass. I reckon it might be worth giving it one good soak with lots of run off to do just that then leave as you were. 

I think you'd tend to notice nute burnt at the top of the plant not the bottom so be cautious about lowering bloom now. I'd be tempted not to but can't see close enough to say for sure. The brown spots are worrying, CalMag is the right shout but I'm not certain that'll fix it - one can but try. I think the amnesia might be suffering from a lack of airflow (she's a bushy mofo) so good to hear you're removing lower leaves whatever the reasoning. 

I'm not certain but it looks like the amnesia is quite a light colour? If so, I think I'd up the grow a bit or add a dose or two of fishmix if you've got it. 

Report back in a few days as I think now is a critical time. If you notice more brown spots on the leaves it might be worth @ a few of the more knowledgeable growers here as they'll be able to tell you the things to improve matters and not make it worse (like I might do!).

Keep up the good work!

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

Looking good on the whole mate. I found in soil that the problems started right about now so keep a close eye on things.

The advice about run-off is good I think, I guess biobizz say not to as it washes out nutes but it's useful for the replacement of air\gases in the root mass. I reckon it might be worth giving it one good soak with lots of run off to do just that then leave as you were. 

I think you'd tend to notice nute burnt at the top of the plant not the bottom so be cautious about lowering bloom now. I'd be tempted not to but can't see close enough to say for sure. The brown spots are worrying, CalMag is the right shout but I'm not certain that'll fix it - one can but try. I think the amnesia might be suffering from a lack of airflow (she's a bushy mofo) so good to hear you're removing lower leaves whatever the reasoning. 

I'm not certain but it looks like the amnesia is quite a light colour? If so, I think I'd up the grow a bit or add a dose or two of fishmix if you've got it. 

Report back in a few days as I think now is a critical time. If you notice more brown spots on the leaves it might be worth @ a few of the more knowledgeable growers here as they'll be able to tell you the things to improve matters and not make it worse (like I might do!).

Keep up the good work!

Hey thanks for the advice as always man.

Thats a good idea good run off watering then back to normal to give it a fresh go.

Oh really if thats the case i might be making it worse then as the other idea was K def... brown tips, yellowing and few spots... if thats the case im going the wrong way with nutes aha still id rather reduce first and then add more of needed than increase and end up with a lockout.

The ami is lighter than the widow however shes been this colour since first leaves i looked into it and found some genetics can be lighter so i put it down to that as i hadnt noticed any issues revolving it, this picture isnt accurate though shes much lighter in the pictures due to the HPS, ill try and get an accurate pic shortly.

Im not sure whod be good to @ or wouldnt mind, dont want to bother people to much 

bg_e8493972fa4bf30e87344be4191c32cc.jpg

On my next update ill photo some of the leaves as they have been thrown this time stupidly..

Edited by Dov1
1 person likes this

I thought it might just be the pics\genetics so yeah, best not to add stuff if you're not sure. K def sounds\looks reasonable. They're growing well so will be hungry for food.

Definitely post some pics of the leaves if it doesn't stop, that'll help whoever we @ to diagnose. I think blackpoolbouncer always give great advice and he's really helpful so we'll give him a shout if need be! At the moment though I don't think there's anything to panic about so like you say it's probably best not to bother people just yet. I assure you if you post pics and given what you've diarised so far people will be more than happy to help. The trick is to ignore the advice of people who think they know (those a bit like me) ;)  

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, mrrichiet said:

I thought it might just be the pics\genetics so yeah, best not to add stuff if you're not sure. K def sounds\looks reasonable. They're growing well so will be hungry for food.

Definitely post some pics of the leaves if it doesn't stop, that'll help whoever we @ to diagnose. I think blackpoolbouncer always give great advice and he's really helpful so we'll give him a shout if need be! At the moment though I don't think there's anything to panic about so like you say it's probably best not to bother people just yet. I assure you if you post pics and given what you've diarised so far people will be more than happy to help. The trick is to ignore the advice of people who think they know (those a bit like me) ;)  

Solid advice man, ill get some dodgy leaf pics up if it carrys on and see if it works to up the bloom a bit instead..

That clawed leaf is indicative of too much nitrogen ,less is more from here on . Nice plants ,real squat and tidy . 

Edited by Michael Luchóg
1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

That clawed leaf is indicative of too much nitrogen ,less is more from here on . Nice plants ,real squat and tidy . 

The clawing, is that the long tip on them? They defo look different than i expected, to much N okay. 

Cheers man, i have to say im pretty happy with how its plodding along, they took to training well. Feels like times flown by.

1 person likes this

@mrrichiet here are the girls true colours pal, left WW, right Ami i quite like that theyre slightly different hahalarge.20200827_174059_compress73.jpg

3 people like this

The white widow keeps stretching when i think shes finished, might need a box for the ami to sit on soon! large.20200828_193311_compress1.jpg

2 people like this

Got some nice close up bud shots today from the auto ami, shes coming out in some awesome colours, very happy with these £2.50 seeds.

large.20200830_182403_compress67.jpglarge.20200830_181734.jpg

5 people like this