Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Dov1

1st ever grow, auto amnesia and auto white widow under 250w HPS

163 posts in this topic

nice work man the ammo looks belter

Share this post


Link to post

large_233.jpglarge_234.jpglarge.5faaf22c8a2ac_234(1).jpg

 

Finally got round to this, i burp every few days and the smells coming on nice, havent smoked any yet will update when i do 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

This grow diary is a brilliant read mate, nice one. 

 

I'm also growing with a 250w, 3 auto AK48s on day 22 in 7.5ltr/2gal pots. They're very stubby and bushy right now.

 

What distance would you say your bulb was to canopy during veg?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, superfruit said:

This grow diary is a brilliant read mate, nice one. 

 

I'm also growing with a 250w, 3 auto AK48s on day 22 in 7.5ltr/2gal pots. They're very stubby and bushy right now.

 

What distance would you say your bulb was to canopy during veg?

Thanks! Theres so much info out there im happy that this can help others!

 

During veg i was pretty close tbh with it being 250wtheres not a great deal of heat to manage just make sure a fans pointing at the bulb, the wing helps the air flow back around the plants too, the best was isnt to follow a guide or chart but to make sure the air flows good and ser your personal hieght choice then put your hand flat at top of highest plant and hold it there for a few mins, feel like your getting a tan? Raise it 2 inchs and do it again. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

Thanks! Theres so much info out there im happy that this can help others!

 

During veg i was pretty close tbh with it being 250wtheres not a great deal of heat to manage just make sure a fans pointing at the bulb, the wing helps the air flow back around the plants too, the best was isnt to follow a guide or chart but to make sure the air flows good and ser your personal hieght choice then put your hand flat at top of highest plant and hold it there for a few mins, feel like your getting a tan? Raise it 2 inchs and do it again. 

 

Thanks mate appreciate the response - that's the technique I've been using with good results so far. In fact I checked them this morning and the LSTd stems are starting to stretch a little more towards the light eventually breaking free from the busy'ness haha..

 

I just find having 3 plants under a single light means the light is hard to share across the entire canopy.

 

Maybe i should buy a:

Senua Medium Adjust A Wing Reflector Including E40 Socket and Super Spreader up to 1000 Watt Lighting

Edited by superfruit

Share this post


Link to post

@superfruittbh you are stretching it a bit with a 250w hps to 3 plants,  have you looked at thr 300w attis or 315w cdm kits? 

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't check those out @Dov1 but will do maybe for my next grow. My intention was always to have 2 plants, but couldn't resist the third.

 

I wonder if I should sacrifice 1 plant, or maybe buy an AdjustaWing reflector..

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly yoill get the same amount regardless because of the gram for watt rule, if youre doing everything righ. d think removing most of the lower stuff thay doesnt get light will help your upper buds in the canopy most doing the 3 plus youve got more room for error if a plant goes funny. I use a lux metre to position the plants for best light

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Dov1 said:

with it being 250wtheres not a great deal of heat to manage just make sure a fans pointing at the bulb

 

That won't make a difference mate as the bulb is emitting radiant heat which you can't blow away and that's what will do the damage.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mrrichiet said:

 

That won't make a difference mate as the bulb is emitting radiant heat which you can't blow away and that's what will do the damage.

 

I'm in a cooler grow room so that little hps provides my 24/7 heating :yep:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, mrrichiet said:

 

That won't make a difference mate as the bulb is emitting radiant heat which you can't blow away and that's what will do the damage.

Wasnt aware of that may have been a cause of some of my leaf problem late flower

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, superfruit said:

 

I'm in a cooler grow room so that little hps provides my 24/7 heating :yep:

 

Yes, convection heat is a good thing (e2a: at certain times of the year, not in a hot summer though!) :yep: Just beware of radiant heat which you can entirely mitigate by keeping your plants 12+ inches away from the bulb.

 

 

Edited by mrrichiet
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

large_235.jpg

 

White widow Smoke report: nice heavy high. Defo different from the ami, ground up so fluffy!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now