Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Budworshipper

plug timers

38 posts in this topic
19 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

Shite. So many people having issues with these. A standard product from any hardware store does it for me. Canna companies trying to screw more cash with inferior products. 

Hello, I’ve used the same one for 3 years with no issues to date. 

11 hours ago, Budworshipper said:

Noise is actually a big issue for me cos the tent is going in bedroom so even the smallest of noises will get on my tits probably..

Same predicament I'm in and the Lumii really got on mine, it's the constant ticking/clicking.

If you’re worried about the sound of the timer making noise... what about extraction?? 

2 people like this

21 hours ago, Dirk-Diggler said:

Same, I have my lights (LED) and and Wilma system with them. All connected to home assistant too, with the energy monitoring I can see how much my lights are pulling:

large.HomeAssistant.jpg

Glad to see a fellow HA user! Such a good piece of software.

What are you using for the Grow start date card? That's a nice touch.

2 people like this

@Farmer HarrisI can't take the credit for the Grow start idea, I borrowed it from somewhere else :yep:

It is handy though as I can see exactly where I am in the grow I also added the feed chart to the dashboard so I can easily see what I need for the week I am currently in.

I tried a lumi analogue timer years ago. Never held time well at all and in the end became intermittent and a liability running extraction fans. The fans would jump on and off like a broken circuit. 

Total shite in my opinion excuse the french

I was using at the time the good old £10 each digi units too and they have worked solid. One packed up after years in storage as the battery internally had went, that one was 10 years old. I ran my lights this grow on a maplin one 5 year old same style so good longevity. It just needed a reset on a live plug and off it went again.

Other than that have always been flawless for me running 600w max. Got another 1 and no issues at all. Brilliant for setting wilmas up too as it lets you do 10 one to x minute feeds. 

There is a more accurate version of these digis on the bay for £35 quid that works in seconds... Tempting so you can have complete wilma timer control :) Its advertised as fish feeder timer

Canna companies love a good rip off.. 

Sterl

Edited by sterling-archer

TP-Link Tapo smart plugs are great and can handle upto 2,990w 13A, and Only about £10

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

TP-Link Tapo smart plugs are great and can handle upto 2,990w 13A, and Only about £10

I use smart plugs and agree they work great as you get power consumption too which I like for dimming LED's. Handy being able to check via app if they're on /working  whilst away from house too 

.. I would recommend using ZigBee ones tho with a hub as they will continue to work even if internet's down.

1 person likes this