Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Dov1

hot,, HOT.... FUCKING HOT!

32 posts in this topic

So ive had my grow pretty under control until today outdoors its mad hot and tomorrow its meant to be worse, my tents gone from a nice 24 -29 to 35c!!!the plants look okay  and ive put a humidifier and opened every bloody window/door to try get some heat disipitation around the tent but id like to see if anyone else has struggled with this and what they did? Im not going to LST OR water or anything during this they got water yesterday and i dont want to burn their roots or stress them anymore than the heat has, should i raise my HPS light to counter this? Its a complete unknown and lesson for me, all help is appreciated! 

large.20200729_220338.pnglarge.20200729_220713.png

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Raise your light and get as much air flow through the space as you can, don't hold off on watering, they need to transpire as much as possible....

They're tough little buggers though and can stand pretty high heat.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Rasing the light for a day or two while the heatwave passes will probably be fine, what's your air flow and extraction setup like?

Edited by Sgt Smash
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

what is your extraction? 6 inch?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sgt Smash said:

Rasing the light for a day or two whike the heatwave passes will probably be fine, what's your air flow and extraction setup like?

Extraction is a filter then dual sped fan controllered down to really low, intake is passive, i have 2 circulating desk fans, i could raise the extraction but itll just highten thw negative pressure, opening the tents just going to make the air stagnant tents a 80x80x160 ive just raised the light to top of tent 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

are you venting outside or inside the room?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, joba said:

what is your extraction? 6 inch?

Yeah 6inch 

large.MI_18072020_203109.jpg

Old photo but nothing changed other than plants growing, light is at top of tent as of 10mins ago

Edited by Dov1
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, joba said:

are you venting outside or inside the room?

Venting outside room and intake outside too however its outside room in conservatory with windows open 24/7 (small so no crackboys can climb through) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

Extraction is a filter then dual sped fan controllered down to really low, intake is passive, i have 2 circulating desk fans, i could raise the extraction but itll just highten thw negative pressure, opening the tents just going to make the air stagnant tents a 80x80x160 ive just raised the light to top of tent 

Extra negative pressure might be ok for a day or two as long as it don't effect the carbon filtering ability causing a stink up lol

 

Do you have any portable air con units to hand?

 

I got lucky this year as it was the first time i have grown in the summer months and had to grow and dry in multiple hot spell's, and i had bought a Air con unit(Not cooler unit) for the cats last year and came in handy this year:yep:. I might stick to growing either side of xmas in the future as it seem a lot easier to manage conditions lol

 

Share this post


Link to post

35°c in the loft here today too and that's during lights off.

 

Not one fuck shall be given.

 

 I watered this morning and the extraction is running full tilt, humidity is about 49%.

 

They'll be fine.

 

You'd be surprised how much heat they can take as long as they got adequate water and airflow.

 

Equatorial sativas put up with higher temps regularly in the wild.

 

I know some folk will disagree but that's been my observation over a fair few years now,

 

Just 2p

11 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

I have just taken my 2 week old plants out of the shed and in the sun.  

Shall water heavily tonight, but really, as mentioned above , they'll handle the heat fine as long as enough water and airflow :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Okay hps has been raised to top of tent just below extraction, a bucket of ice water has been place just below intake vent and cool mist humidifier has beem filled and turned on inside tent, all the doors and windows are open, its all i cam do  ill update condition of plants when the heatwave dies down

large.20200730_180042.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

@Dov1. Don't worry it's only going to last 1 day

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I bought LEDs for this kind of weather and summer loft grow, but have been getting April weather in July! I've been really struggling to stay over 24C at any point during flowering for the past few weeks and I am right at the end, plus I spotted budrot on my OGKZ last night (GUTTED!) so I am not too concerned about extra heat (I generally agree with @Dodgee on this) but it does make me nervous usually. I suspect my fan speed controller has my tent on the verge imploding currently and will do for sure tomorrow... prolonged heatwaves are a different matter though in loft grows, but looking at weather reports, we aren't getting it any time soon.

I am going to have to set my alarm and get up to do an additional watering tomorrow morning in my 3.5L pots for sure though.

Edited by iShouldCoCo
Superfluous 'though'
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

Extra negative pressure might be ok for a day or two as long as it don't effect the carbon filtering ability causing a stink up lol

 

Do you have any portable air con units to hand?

 

I got lucky this year as it was the first time i have grown in the summer months and had to grow and dry in multiple hot spell's, and i had bought a Air con unit(Not cooler unit) for the cats last year and came in handy this year:yep:. I might stick to growing either side of xmas in the future as it seem a lot easier to manage conditions lol

 

Wish i had an air con unit will keep an eye on fb marketplace

 

10 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

35°c in the loft here today too and that's during lights off.

 

Not one fuck shall be given.

 

 I watered this morning and the extraction is running full tilt, humidity is about 49%.

 

They'll be fine.

 

You'd be surprised how much heat they can take as long as they got adequate water and airflow.

 

Equatorial sativas put up with higher temps regularly in the wild.

 

I know some folk will disagree but that's been my observation over a fair few years now,

 

Just 2p

I thought this as they thrive in like jamaica etc and its a lot hotter there 

 

5 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

I have just taken my 2 week old plants out of the shed and in the sun.  

Shall water heavily tonight, but really, as mentioned above , they'll handle the heat fine as long as enough water and airflow :)

In not going to take them outside as i dont want to contaminate them

 

I have an outdoor girl atm same strain of amnesia to test differerence from tent grow to summer garden grow 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now