Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hazieboii93

Need help new grower

37 posts in this topic

Is tap water too old-fashioned these days? But,yes with the EC of your water so low,you def need cal-mag. As mentioned above,you can spray with epsoms salt,and the leaves will absorb it quicker than adding it to your feed. ATB mate :yep:

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Yeah mate, 

I'd start by adding CalMag to your rainwater,

(0.5-1.0 ml)per litre. That's for Old timer plant magic CalMag,

I don't know which CalMag you're using, use info on label as a guide but do start low to see if they still need more.

It's easier to fix under feeding than overfeeding issues. 

Then start adding your a, mix, then b and mix, then pH. 

You can also make up a solution of pure water plus Epsom salts about a tablespoon per gallon(half a teaspoon per litre roughly).

You can spray plants a couple of times a week. 

Try to spray the underside of the leaves, as this is where it's absorbed by the plant.

Spray at the beginning of dark periods to avoid damage from light being magnified into a small point.

This should stop it from getting any worse.

Other than this your plants are off to a cracking start.

Well done mate :yep:

What strain/s are you doing?

Best of luck with the rest of the grow :lucky:

:yinyang:

Thanks for the info mate much appreciated i will stop trying to flush the nutes out now and im gonna mix up a new feed tonight and see how they like it over the next few days, also when making the spray water should i add cal mag aswel or just ph water and epsom salts?

They are both gorilla glue thanks again

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, BasementBudz said:

Don't pull a sickie! I'm also new to growing and facing challenges myself mate.. I don't have the best of knowledge when it comes to all this but if its any consolation your plants are looking a lot healthier than mine! Don't worry too much and don't miss work over it. I get worried about mine but when I worry I tend to overthink things and end up overwatering or something.. try adding some more nitrogen to their diet as Haduken said and if that doesn't work try something else. You'll get there mate patience is key :) 

thanks mate everyone on here been so helpful for my first 24hrs on here great community going on here so glad i joined in lol thought i was getting it all wrong but maybe im doing better then i thought but with the ammount of reading i have done over the last few months i would hope so will try to get more pics up of the girls asap

2 people like this

large.20200728_180954.jpg

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Hazieboii93 said:

Thanks for the info mate much appreciated i will stop trying to flush the nutes out now and im gonna mix up a new feed tonight and see how they like it over the next few days, also when making the spray water should i add cal mag aswel or just ph water and epsom salts?

They are both gorilla glue thanks again

No need to pH or add any CalMag in the spray.

Just Epsom salts, give a good shake and leave in a warm place for an hour or so to warm up a bit and shake again before spraying to make sure it's well dissolved. 

When it comes to flower time, 

You'll want to keep an eye out for male flowers developing, which would cause your plants to produce seeds rather than sensi(un-pollenated) flowers. 

Gorilla strains(Gorilla glue particularly) is notorious for hermaphrodism. 

It's how they were created in the first place iirc. 

By accident. 

Best of luck with the rest of the grow mate :)

As you can probably tell shumroom has a lot more knowledge than me so if I was you I'd take his advice over mine :)

Good luck buddy

2 people like this

Don't fret about it.

You were honest in your post about being relatively new to this hobby. 

Being active in these threads is how we all learn from each other :)

I've got a lot to learn myself 

3 people like this

Just a quick one lads im home now and from looking at them abit more it seems to effect the new growth rather than the old the stuff does this mean anything ??

large.20200728_180954.jpg

Hey there @Hazieboii93

How are the plants doing? 

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Hey there @Hazieboii93

I think its all ok they dont seem to have got any worse but they were topped on monday aswel so still waiting for new growth to come through one seemed to put its energy into new growth where as the other seemed to just make the top leaves keep getting bigger lol:mellow: heres a pic what do you think ?large.20200731_062644.jpg

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Hey there @Hazieboii93

what do you think ?large.20200801_152651.jpglarge.20200801_152645.jpg

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, Hazieboii93 said:

what do you think ?large.20200801_152651.jpglarge.20200801_152645.jpg

The plants look sound pal shroom and fat boy have got u covered here. Coco is simple so between being in coco and being on the boards gaining knowledge and trading experiences u will get to know your game better every time you do a run. Gd luck your doing a cracking job pal 

3 people like this

Still confused by the perlite.... 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

Still confused by the perlite.... 

Why are you so confused its 70% coco 30% perlite

Whats not to understand :unsure:

2 people like this

37 minutes ago, Hazieboii93 said:

Why are you so confused its 70% coco 30% perlite

Whats not to understand :unsure:

Just never seen it before and don't get the point of it.  

1 person likes this