Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sterling-archer

Best indoor vape? Size irrelevant

29 posts in this topic

Gave up tobacco in march after 30+ years of smoking - been smoking neat joints and bong hits since then.

I hadn't vaped weed before but got a Volcano Hybrid yesterday as a gift and it is a revelation. Love the flavour the high - I never realised my weed tasted so good.

Haven't smoked any weed for well over 24 hours, but for the first time in years woke up with a bit of a weed hangover (over did those balloons a little bit yesterday)

@Exhale Yeah - I remember smoking soap in those lungs when I was a lad - although I preferred a nice bucket myself, far more refined lol

7 people like this

@ESG as the old saying goes "any port in a storm" :D do you remember "shotties" we called them, no gauze left? sit some tobacco in your downstem then put your bud on top, we fucking jammed it with one of our mates and he was drawing on it soft expecting it to fall through in the proper fashion, you could see him turning green with all this fucking tobacco smoke creaming through the bong, we was pissing ourselves laughing saying "come on you wetty shoot it!" he had to give it an almighty suck to get it to go you should have seen the bong water shoot up when it unblocked, I can't stop laughing to this day he had bits of shit out of the bong on his teeth for ages.

3 people like this

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 10:12 AM, ESG said:

Love the flavour the high - I never realised my weed tasted so good.

Have you tried different varieties in there? My one complaint with vaping is everything tastes very similar. My mate reckons after not smoking you do pick up the flavours a lot more. I've not given vaping enough chance maybe

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, KC said:

Have you tried different varieties in there? My one complaint with vaping is everything tastes very similar. My mate reckons after not smoking you do pick up the flavours a lot more. I've not given vaping enough chance maybe

Had this for the first 12-18months.. couldnt taste sweet f all. It killed the experience for me, I used to toke for taste as much as to get high. But more leaning towards taste, I would skin up another just to coat the palate again.

Went flower free for good while and dabbled with concentrates- that solved the taste problem but tolerance was killer. From there got into edibles for abit and slowed down on the concentrates. Then finally went back to flowers, can taste far more now than ever :yep: 

Persistence is key.

Edited by stickyblack
2 people like this

8 minutes ago, stickyblack said:

Persistence is key.

temps are too when it comes to taste I start at 180c and I finish on 240c I'll take everything of everything please :D 

(325-350°F / 163-177°C)

THC, the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis has a boiling point of 315° F. You don’t want to go much lower than 325° F, especially if you want to really feel something. Low temps might appeal to you if you want the best flavor from your bud. It produces a fresh taste, with citrusy and/or piney undertones.

The vapor will also be much cooler, and less harsh on the throat, so you probably won’t cough as much. The possible side effects like paranoia, red eyes and cotton mouth will be less severe. If you’re a wake and baker, low temp vaping can give you the feeling you want, without burning you out for the day. This is also the ideal setting for newcomers and lightweights who don’t want to get too intoxicated.

• Light euphoria, calming, invigorating
  • Intense terpene flavor, fresh, citrusy, piney
  • Cooler vapor, less coughing
  • Decreased side effects (lethargy, anxiety, red eyes, dry mouth etc.)
  • Best suited for newcomers, lightweights or flavor chasers
  • Better suited for getting chores done

Terpenes: A-pinene, β-caryophyllene, β-myrcene, citronellol, limonene
Cannabinoids: THC, CBD, CBG, CBC, THCa, CBDa

(350-400°F / 177-204°C)

This is a safe place to start while you’re still experimenting with marijuana or legal CBD cannabis. In this range, you still get plenty of terpenes, but now with more access to cannabinoids. The vapor is thicker and warmer. You’ll also taste more of the cannabinoids, which can give it a richer flavor. The warm vapor is satisfying for transitioning smokers.

The psychoactive effects will be noticeably stronger at these temperatures mostly because more THC is being volatilized. It can be relaxing, euphoric and put you in a meditative state without feeling drowsy. This temp range is an excellent middle ground for the best of both worlds between effects and flavor.

• Relaxing, euphoric, meditative but not sleepy
  • Flavorful and rich, terpenes plus cannabinoids
  • Warmer vapor, can be satisfying for smokers
  • More THC gets volatilized
  • Can experience minor side effects
  • Increased cannabinoid availability

(400-430°F / 204-221°C)

For maximum cannabinoid extraction (THC, CBG, or CBD extraction), this is the range to be in. The vapor will be hotter and less flavorful, but you will feel the strongest psychotropic effects. This range is best suited for night time sessions because of its ability to induce lethargy, also called the dreaded “couch-lock”. The activation of compounds THCv and humulene can actually suppress appetite and prolong the inevitable munchies.

At these temperatures, many terpenes will be depleted fast. If you’re a real terp connoisseur, then you might want to reserve this range for the end of your sessions, for when you really want to blast off. This is the closest you can get to combustion without actually smoking, though it can still induce coughing.

• Intense effects, strong euphoria, lethargy, “couch-lock”
  • Maximum THC volatilization
  • Hotter vapor, may cause coughing
  • Less terpenes, higher cannabinoid extraction
  • Activates THCv and humulene, appetite suppressants that can prolong “the munchies”
  • Closest experience to smoke/combustion

Terpenes: humulene, phytol, caryophyllene oxide
Cannabinoids: THC, CBD, CBN, CBG, CBC, THCa, CBDa, THCv

3 people like this

Tempreture is an odd one for me, esp with convection. I almost take the thermocouple or mod calculated TCR readings with a pinch of salt. As draw speed can change the tempreture pretty instantly dependent on heater surface area, or even bowls that are adjustable. EScribe is a really cool program based for mods where this can be tracked, but by calculation- so not bible :yep: .. 

Me DNA250c maybe set to 230c, but Im pretty confident its far lower at the bowl, probs 190-210c. Abit like the Flowerpot, you set to ~300c+ but as your aware the thermocouple is located in the coil. Just to point out, I think the draw will have minimal effect the FP as the coil is a beast.

Edited by stickyblack
1 person likes this

I always start new strains low so I can dial in what temps bring out the best flavours.  For example the goji i'm smoking tastes like lemon sherbets at 10oclock on the evo, but changes to earthy fuelly og at 2 oclock. I turn it up for big hits at the end tho.

Edited by Bubbles Depot
2 people like this

57 minutes ago, Bubbles Depot said:

I always start new strains low so I can dial in what temps bring out the best flavours.  For example the goji i'm smoking tastes like lemon sherbets at 10oclock on the evo, but changes to earthy fuelly og at 2 oclock. I turn it up for big hits at the end tho.

I suppose this is where the vape experience is adjusted to the user.

I struggle to temp step, if I take a hit closer to ~170c I find there is something a miss taste wise and vice versa at higher temps. But also same for the buzz department too. It ends up getting me where I want to be, but I dont find it satisfying. So genreally try to aim for something down the middle for full spectrum. The downfall is its not efficient, I may reload after 3 hits if im milking the bowl.

Edited by stickyblack
2 people like this

We used to smash the bottom out of a 5l  demijohn and fill it w8th soap bar after the raves...:fart:

To do buckets my days.....no wonder I barked every day through the late 80s

Edited by icki
2 people like this

E-Nano - half the price of the Newvape Flowerpot and VapeXhale, with almost all the performance. I had a Volcano before this, and the E-Nano pisses all over it.....far more convenient to use, and far more economical with weed.

Only hassle with the E-Nano is that with it being a US based company, you get stung with import fees when you buy it, and if/when you need to buy new parts for it.....still don't regret buying mine though.

Shame the XLR2 dabmaster sublimator now not made that’s a beast. I prefer it over flowerpot that I tried. I mainly use a volcano digit for a slower session. Or one of the many portables I have lol  .

Edited by Arthur Mix
1 person likes this

23 hours ago, KC said:

Yeah, I've only got two strains on the go at the moment - Mazar and Lemon Sour and they do taste pretty similar (although the flavour of the Mazar was more pronounced). All I can say is when I vape I get far more of the menthol like, pine weed flavour which is more or less totally absent when I smoke.

One thing I have done is dial down the temp - started at 220, which got me wrecked but has also been irritating my lungs, so after much experimentation, I've decided that I like to 200c level more, as it is far kinder on the chest and the flavour is more pronounced.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, ESG said:

I've decided that I like to 200c level more, as it is far kinder on the chest and the flavour is more pronounced.

I haven't bought a big vape yet but I use a pax2 sometimes. I like the first setting best, i'll use the 2nd one but 3 and 4 are horrible. Might as well have a spliff. I don't know what temp each setting is but 3 is too high whatever it's kicking out.

That menthol flavour is rather nice isn't it :) 

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Shame the XLR2 dabmaster sublimator now not made that’s a beast. I prefer it over flowerpot that I tried. I mainly use a volcano digit for a slower session. Or one of the many portables I have lol  .

Sublimator was a demon, I tried one of those in the grey area and got the sweats real bad :D

2 people like this