Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sog1337

New to growing, is this a good spot?

Hey guys, I'm going to receive probably this week and I want to try GGing.

First off, is it too late to grow this year? Also, I did some recon today and took pictures of a spot I found, it's remote in the woods off trail (about 150m from a path through the underbrush following a tiny creek) . It's a wood exploitation forest but all the stumps seem overgrown with moss and I have seen 0 marking on the nearby trees which leads me to think this area is going to be peaceful for a while. Without further ado,

What do you think of this area? Does it seem fitting for a grow? There is a canopy that lets sun through but provides decent aerial cover. The area seemed undisturbed and hard to access. Lots of trees roots but I think I can dig some holes for plants on the banks of the creek.

I've never grown so am welcoming all advice, observation, etc... I'm not in the UK but very close with similar weather.

Edited by GSZZ
no offsite links

I'd look for somewhere a bit more open, I don't think you will get enough sunlight hours through all those trees, (the moss wouldn't be there if it got enough) is there anywhere on the edge of the woodland with a bit more open sky? I wouldn't worry about aerial cover so much, its unlikely to be an issue especially if your just digging holes for the plants.

Also the soil maybe acidic because of the pine (ferns like it) you can get soil test kits cheap.

:lucky:

Edit; @Sog1337

Edited by uberowl
Tag
2 people like this

@uberowl I think the pictures didn't do justice to how sunny it looked under there, but I can look for something more open, I think downstream there is a clearing according to google maps, but I'm not sure it's going to be remote anymore, I'll check next time I go over. So directly near resinous trees isn't ideal? I have seen some brambles nearby but not a massive amount. I understand that's the best type of soil? I have seen police helicopters fly during the summer a few times, I'm a bit worried to be under a totally open sky.

Edited by Sog1337
typo

@uberowl gave u a clear indication that echoes what we all think .

But as nobody else has backed up or deniyed I'll say that you should accept the advice given .

If not try it for your self and see.

Woodland with moss = damp

Woodland has fuck tons of woodlice,chiggywigs and other critters that would fuck your roots nd stems .

Moss grows in the worst conditions minimal sunlight and damp.

Exact opposite for ganja. 

Just another few examples as why it's not the best environment. 

Edited by B-real
2 people like this

3 hours ago, B-real said:

@uberowl gave u a clear indication that echoes what we all think .

But as nobody else has backed up or deniyed I'll say that you should accept the advice given .

If not try it for your self and see.

Woodland with moss = damp

Woodland has fuck tons of woodlice,chiggywigs and other critters that would fuck your roots nd stems .

Moss grows in the worst conditions minimal sunlight and damp.

Exact opposite for ganja. 

Just another few examples as why it's not the best environment. 

Thanks for the clarification. I live pretty much surrounded by forests, but there are also some fields I can look into then.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Sog1337 said:

Thanks for the clarification. I live pretty much surrounded by forests, but there are also some fields I can look into then.

Fields good bramble patches gorse stinging nettles any area with these and your in with a fighting chance . 

Hey guys, didn't find a field yet but I found this spot which has brambles and the soil looks like a clay mixture as far as I can tell? What do you think?

Here's a few pictures:

A2FMd5H.jpg

dFWOSgV.jpg

g3Ui3Xs.jpg

7S0FMWZ.jpg

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, Sog1337 said:

Hey guys, didn't find a field yet but I found this spot which has brambles and the soil looks like a clay mixture as far as I can tell? What do you think?

Here's a few pictures:

A2FMd5H.jpg

dFWOSgV.jpg

g3Ui3Xs.jpg

7S0FMWZ.jpg

not a chance in hell as previously mentioned lol.

Unless I'm wrong I'll eat my shit lol

3 people like this

Needs to be at least 6hrs of direct sun i.e. the only thing between them and the sun is clouds. Honestly don't worry about flying pigs, they will not find your shit, keep your plots fairly small, plant randomly, not in a grid and don't leave anything not green at your plot if your that concerned. Its far more likely that your spot will turn out to not be good enough or too easy for someone to stumble on than it is the police will ever give you any bother. Worry about genetics, soil quality, amount of sun, and remoteness, oh and how your gunna move it dry it all out, trim it and store it. GGing is really low risk until you have an entire years worth of ganja in your house stinking to fuck. lolsuddenly a 1mx1m tent with a plant or 2 in it seems way less risky, and the tent would suddenly be really useful minus the light. 

Edited by MindSoup
Adding info
3 people like this

It does look like a really nice place to smoke some weed though, make a bench or something and go there for nature times 

2 people like this