Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Dov1

Co2 bags

34 posts in this topic

Hi so ive been growing in a closed room, no windows, no way to draw in fresh air other than leaving door open for a bit but i dont like that as it lets light out and is a bit bait but ive found out about c02 bags.

 

Ive seen a lot of hype on the exhale c02 bags however theyre a bit expensive when im just growing 2 plants in a 80x80 tent so ive also found there is other brands on ebay for a tenner, has anyone had experience with other brands or can point me in the right direction with using these? 

 

Thanks in advance, everyones been real helpful on here!

Share this post


Link to post

Get a jar of water saturated with sugar and just add brewing yeast to it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I couldn't really comment on the CO2 bags as I've not heard of them before but I imagine they're a supplement to an already well ventilated environment. Just reading another post of yours where you say it's in the middle of the house in a closed room gets me worried. You need to get the air regularly circulated and if you can't have your door open then you need some other in\outlet. Can you make a hole in the ceiling and get some vents on the foot of the door? You're going to have a lot of trouble if you don't get this aspect right (not just air but things like moisture). 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Depending on the style of house you might be able to draw through the floor? Where are you extracting to? You have got a carbon filter?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

 

32 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

I couldn't really comment on the CO2 bags as I've not heard of them before but I imagine they're a supplement to an already well ventilated environment. Just reading another post of yours where you say it's in the middle of the house in a closed room gets me worried. You need to get the air regularly circulated and if you can't have your door open then you need some other in\outlet. Can you make a hole in the ceiling and get some vents on the foot of the door? You're going to have a lot of trouble if you don't get this aspect right (not just air but things like moisture). 

I cant make any outlet/inlet holes unfortunately, but the room does back onto a conservatory and im opening its door each day to let new air in and old air out and ive got a dehumidifier in the event i need to bring humidity down, i just dont like the light getting out the door and obviously im only opening during lights on time.

 

27 minutes ago, growitandsmokeit said:

Depending on the style of house you might be able to draw through the floor? Where are you extracting to? You have got a carbon filter?

I have a carbon filter thats extracting into the room the tent is in and the build has concrete flooring so cant extract downwards :(

large.MI_18072020_203109.jpg

Thats What i have running.

Edited by Dov1

Share this post


Link to post

i have tried them and without and no difference in yield

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, joba said:

i have tried them and without and no difference in yield

I wasnt really looking for a change in yield i was more seeing if i could use them as a substitute for a constantly fresh air intake

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

I wasnt really looking for a change in yield i was more seeing if i could use them as a substitute for a constantly fresh air intake

 

 

i wouldn't recommend that at all mate, especially in flower

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, ratdog said:

 

 

i wouldn't recommend that at all mate, especially in flower

Okay do you think ill still be okay just opening door for an hour or so a day to let fresh air move through? Thats really my only option 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Dov1 said:

Okay do you think ill still be okay just opening door for an hour or so a day to let fresh air move through? Thats really my only option 

 

 

no mate, heat and lack of fresh air will probably kill it eventually tbh, and what about a carbon filter, it will stink the house out without one.

 

i do not recommend growing without a c/f

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, ratdog said:

 

 

no mate, heat and lack of fresh air will probably kill it eventually tbh, and what about a carbon filter, it will stink the house out without one.

 

i do not recommend growing without a c/f

I have a CF i linked my grow tent pic a couple coments up i have air flow around the tent, passive air intake a slightly negative air pressure and carbon filter and fan extracting the air out into the room the tents in the room is about 5mx2m tents just 80x80 

Share this post


Link to post

Dude, you're not listening. You have insufficient air circulation. Yes, you might get an end result if you can keep temps down but it's going to nothing like what it should be. Search the web for any fan advice about capacity and you'll see they all say the air should be replaced at least once every hour. This is said for good reason and like I said to you in the other post you're trying to replicate outdoors and you're failing with the most obvious factor.

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe the term circulation is confusing and I shouldn't have used it. The air needs replacing and of course for that you need good circulation but you also need fresh air.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

you'll see they all say the air should be replaced at least once every hour

 

20 times an hour it is

 

Owd

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Owderb said:

 

20 times an hour it is

 

Owd

Thanks @Owderb Maybe OP will get it now. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now