Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kev.k

OG stains.

37 posts in this topic

Best og I have found is the rare dankness 501st og but like all their ogs they seem to stretch. As @Team Greenhas mentioned great offer on attitude at the moment, buy any pack of karma family seeds and you get a pack of King mamba. I have been waiting for headbanger to drop anyway so super pleased with getting the free pack of mamba with them.

atb

3 people like this

22 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@Kev.k. I grew a lovely Lemon OG from DNA Genetics earlier this year. Wonderful smoke

I did it a while back and it was unmemorable. I must've got a shite pheno. Was hopin for the one that's in the promo pics but that's no what I got, mine was more chunky og leanin.

I cannae say it was bad - I still smoked the jar away :smokin: but a few years down the line I cannae mind it really, fades intae the background of herb smoked and vaped.

Gonnae try dinafems og I think, get the seed wet the night and have a snoozy bud for the winter nights. I'll try tae put photos up for the OP once it gets exciting - if I remember.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I’ve manage to source liberty haze cuts. Not OG, but g13 x Chem dawg so there is a bit of OG in there. I tried it about 5 years ago and was impressed. 

I used to love popping seeds, but now it’s a lottery. 

Edited by Kev.k

There's no OG in there.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Bubbles Depot said:

There's no OG in there.

Is chem dog not the original source of OG Kush?

Edited by Kev.k

No, I believe the original OG was a Triangle bagseed. The chemdog was a bagseed from an unknown strain called dogbud.

I have no idea of the source of Barney's Chem Dawg (so i guess there could be og in it) or why they would call G13 x Chem a haze!

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Bubbles Depot said:

No, I believe the original OG was a Triangle bagseed. The chemdog was a bagseed from an unknown strain called dogbud.

I have no idea of the source of Barney's Chem Dawg (so i guess there could be og in it) or why they would call G13 x Chem a haze!

Ghost OG and tk are both bag seeds from the same batch. It was a Hindu kush that hermied onto a mystery clone called emerald something or other. The rest of the OG's are bag seeds of bag seeds. I believe. 

1 person likes this

Due to prohibition era in USA most of their classics are bag seed as there was no other way of getting anything good other than finding a bag seed in some good bud. Hence, it's all hermie prone. 

If you want to run all the latest hype stuff id forget about seeds and find a keeper clone which is stable. Anything with gsc og chem etc in which is basically everything now is gonna hermie regularly. 

The only OG's I've run that are remotely stable are karma's ones and that's because they're worked and heavily based on the HA OG which is much more stable than most of the other elite OG cuts. 

Archive is about to drop a tonne of face off OG crosses. Theres some absolute killers in those packs BUT you're going to get hermies I guarantee it, so it'd have to be a pheno hunt again. Don't expect a clear seed run. 

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Sargares said:

Ghost OG and tk are both bag seeds from the same batch. It was a Hindu kush that hermied onto a mystery clone called emerald something or other. The rest of the OG's are bag seeds of bag seeds. I believe. 

Thanks, I appreciate the correction. I think i combined emerald triangle and triangle kush in my head.

Edited by Bubbles Depot

5 minutes ago, Bubbles Depot said:

Thanks, I appreciate the correction. I think i combined emerald triangle and triangle kush in my head.

Haha possibly. It's only recently come out when the guy who accidentally caused the hermie came forward. Everyone always assumed chemdog cross but turns out not so! I'd suspect common ancestry though as they do have some similarities. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Bubbles Depot said:

I agree the name is strange. It is G13 x chemdawg 91. 

The cuttings have a good reputation so I’m hoping all will be good. 

Edited by Kev.k

1 hour ago, Sargares said:

Haha possibly. It's only recently come out when the guy who accidentally caused the hermie came forward. Everyone always assumed chemdog cross but turns out not so! I'd suspect common ancestry though as they do have some similarities. 

Wait what? When did that happen? 
I remember OG supposedly being a Chemdawg S1 by self-pollination and then the Lemon-Thai cross story.

Theres a third one now? lol

3 minutes ago, Renard said:

Wait what? When did that happen? 
I remember OG supposedly being a Chemdawg S1 by self-pollination and then the Lemon-Thai cross story.

Theres a third one now? lol

Not a theory now. Seems a settled matter. Some surfer from florida. They traced back the people involved in his story and turns out its legit. He produced the flower in some twin garage which was then sold to x person to y person to josh d or whatever who took the ghost cut to california and the tk came out of the same batch of bag seeds. He bought a Hindu kush pack from sensi I think in the dam took it back and one herm'd onto a mystery clone he was running called emerald green or something. 

2 people like this

It always makes me wonder, what these mystery strains were in the 1st place tbh.. Since they’re still so highly rated and placed in such high regard even to this this day 25-30 years later..? Has anyone had much of a chance to have a study of the Phylos Galaxy?? Surely this would put to bed any arguments of which strain is which and crossed with what and when...? For people to be telling stories of 4 seeds found in Dogbud 30 years later, and those strains still to be integral building blocks of some amazing strains to this day... Who made Dogbud??? It would be an interesting mission/project to find the land races these came from originally and recreate or better the Dogbud/Chem, Haze, Og, Skunk#1. I realise these genetics have been watered down and back crossed, front crossed and crossed to just about everything and back again... But having access to that Galaxy now, surely opens up the opportunity to create something Original, or recreate a classic?? Just wondering if anyone knows of a project like this or if it’s possible in this day and age??

2 people like this

@Team Green pretty sure they checked out all the "mines the wifi true gangster brah, smells totally different to the mendo granny kush" og cuts on phylos an they all turned out tae be the same. Like exact DNA match if am remembering correctly.

Was a fun day that :rofl:

2 people like this