Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

hopscotch123

Ecotechnics Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller and EC fans?

19 posts in this topic

Hello, I’m just wondering in the ‘Ecotechnics Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller’ works with the new EC fans or not? If so does it work with pretty much all fans?

Cheers

i m pretty sure it doesnt work with ec fans, but it will work with loads of other fans.

i think ec fans need a specific ec controller, but i could be wrong......

1 person likes this

Hello,

im back to the forum after 2/3 years away. I chucked all my last stuff (which I kept it now!) so in the look out for a fan/filter for my new setup (tent is 1.1m x 1.8 x 2.4 or about 3ft 6” x 5ft 6” x 7ft 9”). 

I have a digital fan speed controller by ‘Eco Technics’:

Will this fan work this the new EC extractors?

If so then I have found the following which looks quite reasonable: It already has a fan speed controller but would I be able to wire mine in?

If not, what to get? 

Edited by GSZZ

Come on mate, no offsite links...

Also all 5 threads you've posted since Friday could've all been placed in a single thread. Are you ok?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

i m pretty sure it doesnt work with ec fans, but it will work with loads of other fans.

i think ec fans need a specific ec controller, but i could be wrong......

Cheers. Could you recommend a Fan/Extractor that would work with it please? Or are the EC better due to using less power when turned down?

Many thanks,

PS I have sooo many tabs open looking at different ones!

8 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Come on mate, no offsite links...

Also all 5 threads you've posted since Friday could've all been placed in a single thread. Are you ok?

Ah sorry, forgot about the external links.

Well they are all to do with different things really, some environment and some hydro. I admit the last two in enviro could of been merged if you would be happy to do so? Or simply delete this one!

SOrry! 

Edited by hopscotch123

i used to use an ecotechnics with rvk fans.

ive no doubt ec fans are better, not that i have one, (im tight) , but they use less electric for a start, and the fans on 24/7

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

i used to use an ecotechnics with rvk fans.

ive no doubt ec fans are better, not that i have one, (im tight) , but they use less electric for a start, and the fans on 24/7

Hmm, so the Ecotechnics will not work with the EC fans? Shame as I know most of the EC ones have speed controllers but not ones which are also controlled by the temperature (Which the Ecotechnics does). I shall have a look around for a EC fan which uses temp also or just get a RVK fan me thinks.

5 minutes ago, hopscotch123 said:

I know most of the EC ones have speed controllers but not ones which are also controlled by the temperature

GAS do an environmental EC controller for about £100 that is thermo controlled

1 hour ago, hopscotch123 said:

Ah sorry, forgot about the external links.

Well they are all to do with different things really, some environment and some hydro. I admit the last two in enviro could of been merged if you would be happy to do so? Or simply delete this one!

I'm not going to do anything mate, just use a bit of common sense going forward :yep:

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

I'm not going to do anything mate, just use a bit of common sense going forward :yep:

Cheers, I spotted the GAS ones thanks. Is it worth the extra expenise going with a EC extractor if I already have a decent controller for AC extractors? I know if you turn the speed down it also reduces the power but if I get a close matching extractor to my requirements for my tent it should only need turning down slightly so not much power reduction unless its really really hot or something?

Cheers, not been on the forum in ages and forgot about the link and was over excited about starting a new grow again :chains:

Ask Adam @diyleduk when the next batch of AC Infinity fans are due. Can't beat these. 

2 people like this

Just now, hopscotch123 said:

Is it worth the extra expenise going with a EC extractor if I already have a decent controller for AC extractors? I know if you turn the speed down it also reduces the power but if I get a close matching extractor to my requirements for my tent it should only need turning down slightly so not much power reduction unless its really really hot or something?

The motor being more efficienct is definetely the biggest feature, but being able to control your fan in 1% increments is very handy and eliminates alot of the fan up and down issues of standard AC controllers, and they run quieter and generally produce more pressure in the duct line which helps the air move better is my understanding.

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Ask Adam @diyleduk when the next batch of AC Infinity fans are due. Can't beat these. 

Will pop him a message to find out, cheers.

9 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

The motor being more efficienct is definetely the biggest feature, but being able to control your fan in 1% increments is very handy and eliminates alot of the fan up and down issues of standard AC controllers, and they run quieter and generally produce more pressure in the duct line which helps the air move better is my understanding.

Perfect explanation. I think I will go for a EC fan over a AC one then. If a cannot get one from diyleduk then will have a look for one which is compatible with a temp speed controller as that is very important.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Should be later this month for the AC fans but they are not compatible with the temp based speed controllers that they have found so far.

I guess I could sell my controller and go for one when they arrive but I’m very keen to the have temps spot on really.

I need to question running costs against constant temp...hmm...will have a think about it. 

On 14/07/2020 at 4:21 PM, GSZZ said:

I found the GAS EC1 controller which works with EC fans. It’s £70, is that the same one you mentioned?