Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Crispy flannel

Tap water quality

Hi all, I looked up my local water supply because I've been having a few deficiencys and problems recently since I moved house, my old water was 0.4 ec ph around 7.1, never really had problems then, now where I live its 0.5 ec 7.9-8.2 depending on the day.

I use hesi coco nutes, tnt in veg, bloom and pk in flower, roots and supervit. 

Plain coco hand watered daily. 

Environment is all good, except humidity can drop to 35% occasionally. 

large.Screenshot_20200712_100750_com.android.chrome.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200712_111922.jpg

can any one see anything that might be causing me a problem from these reports? I noticed there is no magnesium in the water could be my problem?

I've also not been able to feed higher than 1 ec without the plants going very dark green, any idea why this might be happening? 

Posted (edited)

Sorry @Oldbear, you're the water guru, one for you if you're not bored of them yet. 

Edited by FatBoy77
2 people like this

5 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

Sorry @Oldbear, you're the water guru, one for you if you're not bored of them yet. 

lol I'll help when I can but I'm a dirt guy 

I can't see a magnesium measurement but I suspect your hard water is effecting your nutes (I know nothing of coco and nutes for coco).  I do know @Owderb

Uses it but not the nutes maybe he can help? 

1 person likes this

I use coco and my water is harder than that but I don't know the breakdown of it, never needed to check. PH of my water is 8.5.  I use growers ark with very little pH down no issues. Surely there must be some mag in your water source?? 

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Crispy flannel said:

I noticed there is no magnesium in the water could be my problem?

I've just checked my water report and it doesn't list magnesium either, i suspect water company's aren't obligated to provide this info so don't bother, although I'd be interested to know if anybody else's water quality report lists mag levels.?.

11 minutes ago, Ranec said:

I've just checked my water report and it doesn't list magnesium either, i suspect water company's aren't obligated to provide this info so don't bother, although I'd be interested to know if anybody else's water quality report lists mag levels.?.

Mine does mate 

2 people like this

Calcium Hardness (mg CaCO3/l) 43.1
Magnesium (mg/l) 5.4
Potassium (mg/l) 2.1
Calcium (mg/l) 34.2
Total Hardness (mg CaCO3/l) 107.7
Clark English Degrees 7.5
French Degrees 10.8
German Degrees 6.0
NI Hardness Classification Slightly Hard
Dishwasher Setting 1 - 2
2 people like this

I get nothing that useful from my water board Jimboo, just a very similar breakdown to Crispys.... :mellow:

Does anyone think using a mag supplement or a very small dose of epsom with every feed may help out the ratios and hopefully get better uptake into the girls? 

Postcode search

interesting info cheers guys for bringing this up i always thought i had softish water
Analysis Typical value UK/EU limit Units
Hardness Level Slightly Hard    
Hardness Clarke 7.56   Clarke
Aluminium <22.3 200 µg Al/l
Calcium 34.6   mg Ca/l
Residual chlorine - Total 0.57   mg/l
Residual chlorine - Free 0.45   mg/l
Coliform bacteria 0 0 number/100ml
Colour <1.54 20 mg/l Pt/Co scale
Conductivity 291 2500 uS/cm at 20oC
Copper <0.0033 2 mg Cu/l
E.coli 0 0 number/100ml