Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrDeadEagle

Tips on my mould dilemma please - cull now or hope?!

I had five plants in my greenhouse (mainly pineapple express autos), probably about a week or two from harvest (about 20% trichomes gone cloudy, rest still clear). The first got mouldy and I pulled it quickly because it anyway was the scrawniest and also had loads of aphids. Mould then got into my best plant which I also quickly pulled but sadly it is now also in my second best plant. I have taken off the mouldy buds but not yet pulled it. I would really like these last two and a half plants to finish properly, and we are forecast that the sun should come back this week so it might just happen.

I have put an airblowing heater pointed firstly at some harvested buds to help them dry without going mouldy (mould was near/on these buds but I severely trimmed it away) and behind them the plant that I took mould branches off but left the rest. Next to it (out of picture) are two more plants which I would also love to get to maturity but I'm really scared about the mould getting them also. The drying buds are at 50 degrees C and the plant behind at about 40 C which I figure will protect from mould without killing it.

I'm planning to sit tight like this, check very carefully for new mould every day, and cross my fingers. But tips much appreciated - should I just accept mould spread is inevitable and pull the lot early?!?

I don't care about taste. I mainly only vape and make edibles. The main things I care about are potency and longevity (I'm still vaping 2018 weed and hope this will also last a few years).

1 person likes this

Do you have any pics ? You really don't want to take any chances with mould

1 person likes this

Also photos pls. If it's quite severe and spreading then you're probably past being able to cut the affected parts off.

Have you had to cut any branches off the still living ones? Was the stem fucked on the inside or was it relatively confined to the buds? 

The sad truth is, by the time you see the mould in your space it's too late :blub: by the time it's visible it usually has established on multiple parts of the plant that you can't yet see and more likely - spread spores all over your trichomes. 

I never use mouldy bud. Too many unknown risks down the line. 

Slightly different as my autos are out in the wild but with the shit weather already chopped 2 because of mould they were the smallest at plot after chopping all the moldy buds we got enough for a joint or 2 each. :wallbash:

The rest are holding up pretty well chopped a few bits off and cleaned area with alcohol wipes but not to bad hoping i can see them through the next 2 or 3 weeks till they are done.

Thanks all.

This goes really fast doesn't it. This morning I couldn't see any signs on my one remaining intact good plant; but just went back to check again and there it is again in the top kola :(

Think I'm going to have to chop the lot. I plan to risk consuming the buds where there is no visible sign of mould (as long as it doesn't come while drying). No evidence of stems being fucked on the inside, just rotten inside certain buds here and there across the plants, mostly the top kola. I've got a decent microscope I use for checking trichomes and I've been checking the buds that look clean for signs of mycelia I can't see with the naked eye - they look OK. Surely the whole plant isn't now toxic just because some bits got mould? I know it is spreading very quickly but it isn't everywhere yet.

Sad isn't it. @murphyblue you have my sympathy, this shit weather sucks. Sun is too late for us.

(I would have posted a pic but I can't work out how! I apparently knew once because I can see how to insert pics I already put on old posts but can't see how to insert new pics!)