Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TOMONTHEDRUM

How long will my autos veg?

I have a couple of autos, currently just passed 3 weeks since they sprouted and put them in soil. 

They are Royal Queen Seeds and this breeder states that they harvest time is 10-12 weeks with flowering being 6-8 weeks, suggesting that only 4 weeks of veg. Does this sound right? As they're still fairly small i was hoping for a slightly longer veg time

Are they indoors or outdoors bro? 

Posted (edited)

Auto's seem to be on an average of 3-4 weeks before they switch to pre-flower stretch. IMO 

Bare in mind some might go longer or shorter due their genetics. 

Edited by Necrofias

Put it under a 600 watt hps and watch it grow

My autos from Seedsman (growing in pots outside) went about 4.5 weeks before obvious signs of flower.

One that I planted a week later is so much smaller than the rest.

They're all a lot smaller this year than last years efforts (started a bit later). Presumably because it's been so cold, grey, wet and in the case of the youngest, which came off worst, they've been blasted by violent hailstorms. After last week's storm it looked like someone had taken a 12 bore to my garden...!!!

1/3rd of my climbing beans were decapitated. The leaves of the autos were either full of holes or missing fingers and the youngest auto has the top nearly snapped right the way through and practically hanging on by a thread and a couple of tender new branch tips shot clean off. 'Tis but a flesh wound' to a ganga plant though in my experience...!

1 person likes this

Most autos I've grown veg for about 3-4 weeks. Some have gone to 5-6 weeks but generally its 3-4. The breeder timings should always be taken with a pinch of salt as they assume optimum growing conditions. A few stresses in veg can really affect some autos and others just power through. Genetics are a big part of that.

If you are growing outdoors that's a different story. Lots more external factors to consider outdoors and the timings go out the window a bit.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I’m also going with 4 weeks average.

In my experience, most auto flowers will switch into bloom when the 5th pair of leaves appears.

Edited by Renard

21 hours ago, TOMONTHEDRUM said:

I have a couple of autos, currently just passed 3 weeks since they sprouted and put them in soil. 

They are Royal Queen Seeds and this breeder states that they harvest time is 10-12 weeks with flowering being 6-8 weeks, suggesting that only 4 weeks of veg. Does this sound right? As they're still fairly small i was hoping for a slightly longer veg time

I have a couple of autos growing in the ground in the garden at this time. One started flowering at day 45. The other is on day 79 and still not flowering.

6 hours ago, ShiHanazono said:

Most autos I've grown veg for about 3-4 weeks. Some have gone to 5-6 weeks but generally its 3-4. The breeder timings should always be taken with a pinch of salt as they assume optimum growing conditions. A few stresses in veg can really affect some autos and others just power through. Genetics are a big part of that.

If you are growing outdoors that's a different story. Lots more external factors to consider outdoors and the timings go out the window a bit.

I am indeed growing outdoors and they've had some serious stress with being transported in bin bags several times and one of the fabric pots catching fire and needing to be repotted and pruned. And a small ant problem. But they're alive still at least

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, TOMONTHEDRUM said:

I am indeed growing outdoors and they've had some serious stress with being transported in bin bags several times and one of the fabric pots catching fire and needing to be repotted and pruned. And a small ant problem. But they're alive still at least

They sound like they've had quite an adventure!

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, TOMONTHEDRUM said:

I hate it when my plants try to self immolate.

On 29/06/2020 at 9:44 PM, TOMONTHEDRUM said:

I am quite sure i would return at night time and chop down every plant for myself. I would genuinely feel obligated and fear the regret later on if i didn't take it for myself.

I imagine i sound like a total dick head but I am still interested to hear what others think, why or why wouldn't you?

For me my reasons why are because i have never really had access to weed, i am not involved in growing anything more than 2 autos out in the wild (started 4 weeks ago). My point being I would have a lot to gain. If a weed smoker takes my plants then i can't blame them, i would be more annoyed by some busy body taking them. 

Am i wrong?

I hope your plants get robbed

1 person likes this