Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jonny00799

Seeds found in flowers when trimming

This weekend I have been trimming my Afghan Kush auto grow and noticed 3 seeds on one of the lower small buds. Is this normal? I wasnt expecting to get seeds from a feminised starter seed. Can I dry them and plant for another crop?

1 person likes this

it looks like they have self pollenated.

I wouldn't plant the seeds from them as the plants that grow out have a far higher chance of also seeding.

the reason they self seed - its usually caused by stress , too high temps, light leaks, too low temps etc.

I hope the rest of the plant is ok, but they hide themselves well

2 people like this

Yep you got to grow it out, if it hermies you get to do it all over again, lol

3 people like this

Thanks Chaps.

The rest of the plant is fine and I didnt notice anymore on the other buds. 

I did have some issues with cold temps and overwatering, but she came good in the end for a first grow. Still drying but I reckon I'll end up with well over an oz of trimmed bud from a single plant. 

I was going to post up a grow/harvest/smoke report once it in the jar. 

You will probably find seeds when you break open the buds mate. Still can smoke it just a hasel picking them all out 

1 person likes this

I feel its natures way.

X female plants and no male to pollenate.

One of the big goals in life & nature is procreation.

I feel thats all that has happened here.

1 person likes this

Feminist plants that don't need help from males.  I would never support their cause.

2 people like this

On closer inspection I can now see that there's loads more seeds on the other drying buds. This plant was sharing a grow room with another Auto (different strain) that is a month behind the harvested plant. Now I am now worried that she will also have been pollenated and will produce loads of seeds as well.

Is this likely, and what difference does it make to yield?

Hi @jonny00799. If they're fully pollinated and full of seed you'll take a hit on potency and yield probably.

I posted yesterday about my experiences with hermies.

I'd be tempted to experiment with the seed if you suspect it was some environmental stress that triggered them. Especially the autos.

It would be interesting to know just how many nannas you had going on. You don't mention having seen any. I tend to scrutinise my plants and so spotted mine early.

Obviously you'd need to avoid such known stresses in the future.

1 person likes this

Hi @Wacky Wardrobe I didnt notice any nannas but I must admit I wasn't really looking for them. Its my first proper grow and I had a flowering plant from a feminised seed so I never thought of it. I have load of hi res pics from when I was looking for trichome colour so I'll have to look back.

The buds got their final trim and went in the jar today, weighing on at a tad under 2oz. Filled a large Kilner jar, which Im pretty pleased with even if there are a few seeds to pick through.

My 2nd plant (Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel) is also showing seeds at the buds and the nodes. The buds are growing well and smelling great. Not loads of seeds so I can live with that. She's got another week or so left but I reckon I'll get more yeild off her.

@jonny00799 Here's what you're looking for. I took these from the grow I mentioned. I only got a few seeds and as the one I've tested grew true female I see it as a bonus.

YMMV :-)

large.herm4.jpglarge.herm3.jpglarge.herm2.jpglarge.herm1.jpg

1 person likes this