Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Trickibush

Should I pot up during mid flower due to drying out each day???

Just a quick bit of advice please all.  I've got my 2 emergency outdoor autos and they're looking ok so far and about 4 weeks or so into flower.  The problem is I only left them is smaller spots smaller pots for stealth but then larger one is needing feeding every day.  Is it too late to transplant and if not how to best minimise shock

2 people like this

I personally wouldn’t repot a auto that late into flowering, I either plant direct into final pot or with 2 weeks of popping out the soil 

autos can get stressed out well easy 

4 people like this

Not much you can do now except carry on , how big are the pots anyway ?

2 people like this

They are only 1 gal pots I think off thentol of my head.  I suppose I'm lucky as I can water daily, but i have to move them around the garden during the day to stay in the sun.   Also, as I'm uk based they come in at night 

Greetings @Trickibush, welcome! My advice is a simple 'no'. Maybe you could very carefully cut the bottom of the pot off and stand it in another deep pot full of soil and fill it in, however, i don't think the roots will be developing much in the masses anymore, as they in flower they are using the structure already built during veg, very root bound i should imagine hence why so thirsty, just bear in mind that any root disturbance at this stage is gonna have some kind of consequence i should imagine, possible hermie etc. They have come this far so prob best leave them, for the sake of 3 or 4 weeks it's not really worth it.
Just one more possible tip to help you, try wrapping white t-shirt or cloth round the pots so they don't get so hot, probably losing alot of water coz of evaporation, especially in smaller pots.
Carry on as you are bro, not much can really be done at this stage, only just remember not to let it happen again haha large.ras_wink.gif

large.ras_old_jah_bless.gif

2 people like this

are you letting them sit in their run off for a while?

1 person likes this

Thanks @SubSpecies.  I'm going to take the advice and leaandthem alone.  As I can access them easily I dont wantbtobrish any hermie as you suggest.   

@ratdog.  I do every now and then let them sit in fresh solution so that it drinks it all up and then refreshes the o2.  Apart from that its normally just let the excess run to waste.  

15 minutes ago, Trickibush said:

I do every now and then let them sit in fresh solution so that it drinks it all up and then refreshes the o2.  Apart from that its normally just let the excess run to waste. 

do it every time mate, that should buy you some extra time when it comes to drying out, run to waste just runs out the sides of the pots not wetting the centre. 

4 people like this

Cheers @ratdog   I will from now on

1 person likes this