Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nickc300

First timer auto.

Hi lads,

First time grower here on day 16 growing in coco. 

The strain is "quick one" autoflower. 

Please take a look at the picture. Can anyone tell me the problem with the discoloration on the leaves? Calcium deficiency? 

Many thanks. 

Bare with me lads. Struggling to get a pic up? 

Posted (edited)

Use desktop mode in your browser and make sure the photos are compressed/resized so they're small enough to be allowed. 

It needs figuring out at first, everyone is the same. Kinda a right of passage... 

Edited by Ned Flanders
3 people like this

large.20200630_154641.jpg

Ok finally figured out how to get pictures up. Can anyone help? Can't I save my plant? I've read that it could be from over watering so I've not watered in 3 days now. 

Any help would be great! Thanks guys. 

Posted (edited)

Someone with experience of growing in coco (I don't unfortunately) would be better placed to answer but my first impressions are its over watered. Also looks a bit hungry.

It's a big pot and its unfortunately easy to over water in a big pot. Still looks a bit wet on top even after 3 days? Are your temps normally 21c? Do you measure / control your root temps?  Could be a combination of cold ambient and root temps, alongside over watering.

Edited by ShiHanazono

49 minutes ago, ShiHanazono said:

Someone with experience of growing in coco (I don't unfortunately) would be better placed to answer but my first impressions are its over watered. Also looks a bit hungry.

It's a big pot and its unfortunately easy to over water in a big pot. Still looks a bit wet on top even after 3 days? Are your temps normally 21c? Do you measure / control your root temps?  Could be a combination of cold ambient and root temps, alongside over watering.

Hi mate thanks for replying. 

Ok I'll try another feed. Yes it's been 3 days and it still looks moist. I've read that coco should be watered every other day and elsewhere that I should only water when the surface looks dry? 

Temps range from 19c - 26c 

1 person likes this

I can only really comment on environment tbh mate. I don't know much about coco other than you need to feed more than soil.

@iShouldCoCo any thoughts?

1 person likes this

Well done with the upload dude. 

20 minutes ago, ShiHanazono said:

I can only really comment on environment tbh mate. I don't know much about coco other than you need to feed more than soil.

@iShouldCoCo any thoughts?

Well I've given her feed. Let's see if she perks up by tomorrow. Yeah mate, I think I'll be going soil for my next grow and compare the two. From what I can gather soil is much more simple then coco. 

6 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Well done with the upload dude. 

Haha thanks man. Got there in the end.

21 hours ago, ShiHanazono said:

You were right mate. Gave her a feed of nutes last night and this morning she's much perkier! Always learning! Hopefully won't be to long before I can look at her and tell what the problem is. Cones with experience I guess. 

Thanks again mate 

2 people like this

Yep - looks hungry for N, also still establishing roots in the big pot, so you shouldn't need to saturate the whole thing for a week or so. Once roots have fully colonised, you will be feeding/watering everyday (and the surface will be dry also) but until then, reduced liquid. I don't worry about run-off until the pot is full 'o roots either. Some people water around the edges to encourage roots to seek moisture but I'm not sure it makes that much difference.

Also, FYI my current plants are drinking half as much when root temps are closer to 20C than to 30C

1 person likes this

On 7/2/2020 at 9:34 PM, iShouldCoCo said:

Yep - looks hungry for N, also still establishing roots in the big pot, so you shouldn't need to saturate the whole thing for a week or so. Once roots have fully colonised, you will be feeding/watering everyday (and the surface will be dry also) but until then, reduced liquid. I don't worry about run-off until the pot is full 'o roots either. Some people water around the edges to encourage roots to seek moisture but I'm not sure it makes that much difference.

Also, FYI my current plants are drinking half as much when root temps are closer to 20C than to 30C

After all the reading I've done in the past couple of months...the way you've just explained this has made the penny drop! Thank you mate. Now to wrap my head around EC and how that works with feeds. 

1 person likes this