Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Professor_X

Clones from mums kept outdoors?

Hi, I have a couple of healthy plants which are outdoors in the garden - one Indica one Sativa. Is it wise to take clones from outdoor mothers to be grown indoors?

Or would it be safer to start from seed?

TIA

ive just took 16 clones from 3,plants ive had outside in the garden they should be ok i just checked for any disease or pests first but they were all ok ,they were too good to throw away twisted helix and dolato from inhouse genetics coming on fine in my propagator good luck m8 shuldbe fine tho

1 person likes this

Ey up @Professor_X ... now ive never done owt outside, ever. So im just thinking what id do. Is it possible to have maybe a quarantine area to bob them in rather than introduce straight into your growing room. I read alsorts even if it doesnt apply to what im doing and its possibility you could introduce pests from outside. This is obviously worst case scenario like. Ive refused clones off people for this reason. Hope all goes well bud :yep:

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, chris48 said:

ive just took 16 clones from 3,plants ive had outside in the garden they should be ok i just checked for any disease or pests first but they were all ok ,they were too good to throw away twisted helix and dolato from inhouse genetics coming on fine in my propagator good luck m8 shuldbe fine tho

Peyote Critical from Barney's and Oitlaw Amnesia by Dutch Passion, look too good not to

Cheers Chris

8 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Ey up @Professor_X ... now ive never done owt outside, ever. So im just thinking what id do. Is it possible to have maybe a quarantine area to bob them in rather than introduce straight into your growing room. I read alsorts even if it doesnt apply to what im doing and its possibility you could introduce pests from outside. This is obviously worst case scenario like. Ive refused clones off people for this reason. Hope all goes well bud :yep:

Y'alright dude, they'll be going into a 60x90x60 propagation tent under T5, so they'll be isolated for a bit, cheers mate

2 people like this

get your self some mectin, harkas harka mectin, ment for race pigeon's. or the 1 ment for cows to de ice them, thats cheaper the 1 for cows. 1 spray of that when there outside growing, and a good spray a week before bringing them in from outside. it lasts a month in the plant, so any late arrivals get nuked when they suck/ feed on the plants sap. its a chemical, but used only in veg, and its fine, as the 2 month min flower time uses up any left in the plants. i used it years ago for spider mites, aint seen a mite since. 1 spray in early veg does the trick. :yinyang:

4 people like this

Wash your cuts in  soap and water before you root them it should get most of the bugs off them its worked for me in the past:lucky:

1 person likes this

Yes it’s fine, providing no pests.

give a foliar spray of neem oil, i think it’s a good ideal to plant outdoors somewhere and take clones... it’s costing nothing right? 

1 person likes this