Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bushmat

EC pen Recommendation

Evening, 

I'm attempting to EC measure on my next grow.

Has anyone got recommendations on a cheap decent pen to buy? 

Iv never had a problem with my Bluelab pens , abit pricey but well worth it. I have also heard people raving about the Bluelab truncheon. 

I bought a blue lab truncheon after hearing all the raves about it. Looks the business to be honest, so I'd say you wont go far wrong with one.

3 minutes ago, ItainteazyE said:

I bought a blue lab truncheon after hearing all the raves about it. Looks the business to be honest, so I'd say you wont go far wrong with one.

Mines over 15 years old and only used 3 batteries 

Just now, thatman said:

Mines over 15 years old and only used 3 batteries 

Sounds like my girlfriends dildo...

7 people like this

19 minutes ago, ItainteazyE said:

Think I'll buy something cheaper first. See how I get on using one.

30 minutes ago, Bushmat said:

Think I'll buy something cheaper first. See how I get on using one.

Just so you know, from what ive read online and on these forums, cheapos from well known online retailers are no good.

Its worth the investment if it could potentially stop you losing your crop down the line.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, ItainteazyE said:

Just so you know, from what ive read online and on these forums, cheapos from well known online retailers are no good.

Its worth the investment if it could potentially stop you losing your crop down the line.

Think I'll read into EC a bit more before getting one then. :george:

4 minutes ago, ItainteazyE said:

Think I'll read into EC a bit more before getting one then. :george:

1 hour ago, ItainteazyE said:

Sounds like my girlfriends dildo...

think thats gotta be your sig now lol 

2 people like this

EC is a simple technology to measure, I have the essentials EC meter, middle of the road and works well. 

Posted (edited)

Alrite pal, depends what you need for in terms of setup.

If you need to measure a tank regularly or can afford one get a decent unit, as mentioned bluelab is good.

Though spending that much isnt needed if you only want to know what 1ml of this and that does to your water. You can spend £5 on a shit one, confirm it is somewhat accurate and do some test mixes to learn your nutes. It wont be bang on and they die quick but far better than having no info, guessing or following a feed chart.

Find an essentials or hm digital for £15 and you'll be ok in most application as long as you dont completely rely on it.

Edited by Claro