Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Professor_X

Extraction location

30 posts in this topic

Hi, I've seen quite a few posts recently about saving head room in a tent, or not being able to lift the equipment to the top of the tent. It is often assumed that this is where the carbon filter must be located but there are other options, the fan & cf can even go outside the tent it necessary.

 

I am in a wheelchair so had to opt for #4 in the below diagram with the fan & filter in a box on the floor (outside the tent) with a cushion underneath to dampen the vibrations/noise and it works a treat. Good negative pressure in the tent, no whiffs, job's a good 'un. (Fan blows air through filter).

Hope this helps a few of you :)

 

Tip: fully stretching out ducting reduces noise.

 

Found this diagram on this forum but forget who posted it. If this is your picture, thank you :smokin:

 

large.5ED453EE-C1B8-487C-AB18-3A508A4DB8BE.jpeg

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post


Does the filter last as long compared to sucking through it ? 
 

be interesting to know if need more head room in the future 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Jay1601 said:

Does the filter last as long compared to sucking through it ? 
 

be interesting to know if need more head room in the future 

I shouldn't imagine there be much, if any difference. Mines doing fine, no signs of failure.

Share this post


Link to post

problem is the pre filter filters out all the shit dust and stoor before it hits the carbon

 

blowing through your filter means all that shit hitting the carbon and shortening the life

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, greenvigilante said:

problem is the pre filter filters out all the shit dust and stoor before it hits the carbon

 

blowing through your filter means all that shit hitting the carbon and shortening the life

Put a cotton sock over the open end of ducting, inside the tent. Problem solved :)

Edited by Professor_X
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

If you are  blowing through a carbon filter then it's best to put a pre-filter where the ducting joins to it.

Cooker hood filter would work but reduce your airflow a bit, worth it to extend the filter life.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Professor_X said:

Put a cotton sick over the open end of ducting, inside the tent. Problem solved :)

yep then restrict your airflow and cause the fan to work harder and shorten life lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, greenvigilante said:

yep then restrict your airflow and cause the fan to work harder and shorten life lmfao

By sucking through a cotton stock or pair of tights? Buy a decent fan!

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Professor_X said:

By sucking through a cotton stock or pair of tights? Buy a decent fan!

i have 2 x 8 inchphresh hyper stealth fans that move 2600m/3h mate. do u realise what they would do too a pair of your smelly socks? 

 

these fans and filters are made to run a certain way. doing it another way may work for a while but u will be shortning the life of either your fan or filter any other way

 

buy a decent fan lmfao

Edited by greenvigilante
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, greenvigilante said:

i have 2 x 8 inchphresh hyper stealth fans that move 2600m/3h mate. do u realise what they would do too a pair of your smelly socks? 

 

buy a decent fan lmfao

Exactly pal, they are strong things these fans, so should have no problem taking on the miniscule extra load of pulling air through a sock or pair of tights.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Professor_X said:

Exactly pal, they are strong things these fans, so should have no problem taking on the miniscule extra load of pulling air through a sock or pair of tights.

ok so i dont need to buy a decent fan gotcha

 

miniscule? thats the point im making. my fans pull every door in my house shut with neg pressure. a pair of socks would be torn through the fan just like the tent its in nearly does

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, greenvigilante said:

ok so i dont need to buy a decent fan gotcha

 

miniscule? thats the point im making. my fans pull every door in my house shut with neg pressure. a pair of socks would be torn through the fan just like the tent its in nearly does

 

 

Here's a pic, the sock isn't going anywherelarge.10211F6B-EF5B-4C27-936B-2DA234F7598E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Professor_X said:

Here's a pic, the sock isn't going anywherelarge.10211F6B-EF5B-4C27-936B-2DA234F7598E.jpeg

whats that on? is that a 4 inch fan?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, greenvigilante said:

whats that on? is that a 4 inch fan?

6"

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Professor_X said:

6"

its funny you dont realise how much u are restricting your fan not just sucking through a sock lol but also then needing to push through a filter

 

i bet you also just extract into the room u are growing in and then wonder why u get problems linked to your environment 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0