Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Astanton111

Lower leavesyellow and crispy with slow growth

Hi guys hope everyone grows arr comming along well now.

I germed some seeds about 3 -4 weeks ago.

I have planted out the few good ones already but some that I still have inside under the light have been very slow growing.

The bottom leaves on a few have started turning yellow and drying up. 

Anyone have a clue what this may be. 

I have been watering every 2 or 3 days when the pots are light.

large.20200607_113323_compress29.jpg

1 person likes this

Looks fucking starving pal

ETA and over watered 

Edited by FatBoy77
4 people like this

24 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

Looks fucking starving pal

ETA and over watered 

You think it looks Hungry. What do you suggest giving it.

I thought I was doing pretty good with watering. Waiting for them to more or less dry out then giving a good soak untill there is run off.

What would you suggest.

Thanks for the help 

Feed it and water less. You don't say what medium of line of nutes, so can't help much more. 

25 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

Feed it and water less. You don't say what medium of line of nutes, so can't help much more. 

Sorry I'm just using soil. All they have had so far is PhD water between 6 and 7. Some cal mag and biobiz root juice 

If that plant is 4 wks old I'd can it and start again. 

No need to ph in soil. 

Why the calmag? Whats yer water like? 

What sort of soil? 

No plant feed? Root juice is not feed. 

17 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

If that plant is 4 wks old I'd can it and start again. 

No need to ph in soil. 

Why the calmag? Whats yer water like? 

What sort of soil? 

No plant feed? Root juice is not feed. 

Havent given any feed yet as fought was to soon.

It's just general compost 

That plant is probly 2 weeks some of the older ones are the same.

I have been using water from a well next to my site. When I tested it the ppm was realy low so have done 1 lot of calmag just incase 

10 minutes ago, Astanton111 said:

Havent given any feed yet as fought was to soon.

To grow well you need to start reading your plants and that only comes with experience. Your top leaves are quite pale, they should be a deep racing car green colour. The lowers are yellowing, they should be dark green too. It can be from lock out but unlikely without feeding. Your problem is a hungry plant. Get some food and start feeding. Please don't ask me what/how much/when to feed until you've done some reading.

2 people like this

What type of pot is that? Looks like a jiffy pot?

I'd get some decent compost, riddle it to take all the garbage out of it and repot it in a proper pot cause that compost just doesn't look good.

Also no need to PH in compost so stop doing that.

No need to feed it for a couple of weeks if you repot it. It does look hungry but it will get its food from the new compost

Edited by Punk#1
3 people like this

40 minutes ago, Punk#1 said:

Cheers guys. 

It's only my 1wt grow so still learning to read the plant.

Have potted them all up now into large pots ready for going out.

Will get some feed ready 

1 person likes this

#startagain 

#stunted

#wontyeildmuch

#dontlearnhowtorearsickplants

Man don't do things backwards learn the right way of doing things don't waste energy on keeping runts alive if that's them after 4 weeks then you messed up from day one to day 14 in 2 weeks that's when you no what's good or bad .don't chase a loser .

Channel that energy into new seedlings or your existing plants. 

No offence but I don't think the plants you got should be that colour that size that small and in that size pot for the age they are

3 people like this

If you water to run off with water , you are flushing any existing nutes out of the soil at the same time . Plant does look starvin marvin . It will not produce much now so  I would start afresh.

2 people like this

Poor little thing, thats what all mine where looking like, turned out the soil I had bought was really sour/too old/not stored well. Obviously this will effect the final outcome and its probably logical to cut your losses with it, but just for the sake of learning maybe try repotting in some definitely good soil and try and save it for sentiment if nothing more. My little runts are all in little 10cm pots of fresh mix on my window sill, they might not get me anything but I feel they still deserve a life, obviously I might end up with a caution over them but its highly unlikely where I live. 

Edited by MindSoup
2 people like this

I'm no expert on diagnosing sick plants but imo it looks over watered. The medium it's in looks inappropriate. Seedlings want a light and fluffy medium so the roots grow quicker/easier. Most of us use a mix of compost and coco coire. About 50/50, can even add a bit of pearlite, that mix alone will improve early growth rate. Once it's broken ground I only water wen the surface crusts over a bit. The pot will feel lighter, and I only water if the leaves are pointing upwards. If the leaves droop then they prob don't need water.. if they look hungry after week 2 I will give them a 1/3rd strength feed of tomorite (tomato feed) but that's it. Imo Bad medium and overwatering I think are the source of your probs. It's hard to be sure from pics tho.

Peace

3 people like this

Cheers guys.

Gonna pop a few more and see what happens.

I have about 50 growing at the moment about 8 of those look like this so will take it steady and hope they come up better.

Was just cheap garden centre compost so will get some proper stuff for them.

There all potted up and out in the sun now anyway. If they come to anything that's a bonus if not I've learned from my mistakes 

1 person likes this