Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Canoob

New to dry herb vape

45 posts in this topic

Hi. Sorry to start a new thread for something that has likely been asked a number of times.

I have been a non smoker and a vaper for around 3 years now and am just looking to start a bit of stress relief with the herbs.

So I am looking at getting a decent quality device but not looking for something which will knock me on me arse! I do however want something which will be likely more than a starter?

The arizer vapes have been of interest both the solo and air. I have vape mods here with a number of 18650 batteries around so that could be an option. The splinter could be an option for this but i'm unsure if its gonna blow me away?

Any advice to someone coming back to the herb but has been vaping for a while would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Been vaping for 4 years now and got through a few before I settled on the ariser 2 solo , does the business for me. I would prefer a larger chamber but just refil more often 

1 person likes this

I would second the solo. As mentioned above, the chamber size would be good for you, not able to put loads of herb in. If you dont want to get mashed just have fewer pulls on it, or at a lower temp setting. 

I switched fully to vaping about 3 months ago. Still trying to adjust after a long time smoking joints. I get baked don't get me wrong. It's a different type of high though, not sure if others can relate to that? Still trying to find my way with it, adjusting temps, size of the bowls etc. 

In terms of equipment, I use a Firefly 2 as the portable and the Arizer Extreme Q for the desktop option.

The Firefly is a nice bit of kit. For a longer session I have both batteries charged and ready as it does drain the battery quickly at high temps. The app is easy to use and at 200c it does nail me with a full bowl. 170 to 190 does give some nice flavours. Doesn't overheat as quickly either.

The Arizer is also pretty decent. Use that one more at night. Takes a bit longer to get up to temp - usually leave it for 5-10 mins then hit it. Being mains powered, it lends well to a longer session. Whack it at 200 and you feel pretty fucked. I tried some elbow hits and that certainly hits the spot. Had a few whitey's hitting it that way.

Both do stink out my house quite a lot though! Trying to figure out how to dissipate the smell better. Incense usually works best. I moved to a nice part of town recently so I'm more wary about the smell than when I lived in student-ville. Especially if I have a grow on the go.

Biggest change from joints I found is the mental aspect of having a nice smoke after a hard day. The vape, especially the portable doesn't feel the same kind of release. I'm guessing I'm still adjusting though.

Went on a bit of a tangent....but my 2 cents.

4 people like this

thing with a J is that you can easily smash 1/2 to a gram of weed in there. Whereas a vape bowl is more like .2 or .3g max. So do the math and you can still get baked. But you are right, it is a different type of hit, especially initially. Regards vapes....see another thread on here, but the vape you have been looking for is called the Tinymight.  It may be tiny, but it is fucking MIGHTY! lol 

5 people like this

I like to throw the spanner lol

If either one of me Zee or TM broke.. I would straight up get another Z. That taste :smug:

But only with a DNA mod..:wassnnme:

Another option is the Dynavap M, no need for batteries just need a blowtorch lighter and wait for the click, also very easy to maintain and clean.

4 people like this

I find vaping gets you high rather than full bodied stoned 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Lean Bear said:

thing with a J is that you can easily smash 1/2 to a gram of weed in there. Whereas a vape bowl is more like .2 or .3g max. So do the math and you can still get baked. But you are right, it is a different type of hit, especially initially. Regards vapes....see another thread on here, but the vape you have been looking for is called the Tinymight.  It may be tiny, but it is fucking MIGHTY! lol 

Had a look. Looks pretty impressive! Not sure I can justify another spend just, having bought two recently but I'll keep it in mind.

I hear what you mean on the amounts. I didn't smoke huge amounts in joints, not these days anyway, but yeah it's a different type of hit with the vape. Sometimes you just want to get nailed. Banging a fat joint always did that. Trying to find that process with the vape I think. Think it's just a case of doubling up with a few bowls.

Could always just break out the bong :smokin: I do like the wide vape choice and methods out there. Think it lends well to experimentation.

Edited by ShiHanazono
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Sgt Smash said:

Another option is the Dynavap M, no need for batteries just need a blowtorch lighter and wait for the click, also very easy to maintain and clean.

I really like this one too, paired with a IH.. nice slow burner :yep:

-

Giving up combustion is genreally a long road, but so worth it in the end. 

Take care.

Edited by stickyblack
4 people like this

Arizer Solo (v1), Volcano, Dynavap M and Storm Spirit owner here.

You might like the Spirit as it's pretty similar in size to an eliquid vape and takes an 18650. It's stealthy, has adjustable power, comes with concentrate pads that work for a bit of bubble hash too. It's a bit of a pain to clean though due to the really narrow air hole - you can't really do running maintenance on it like you can with the Solo, so it's a fairly regular dip in IPA for the mouthpiece and filter. It's a cool mouthpiece though, that rotates out of the way. It has a fairly big chamber but you don't have to fill it. Heats up quick, has decent flavour. The Sapphire is very similar but doesn't have full wattage control or a user-replaceable 18650, but is nearly half the price.

The Solo is a about 4 times bigger, the glass tubes are pretty easily broken if you're in the habit of knocking things over or dropping them. It's not really stealthy in use but has great flavour.

Volcano hits like a truck but... bags and is about the least portable vape (lots of) money can buy :D

The Dynavap is cool, frugal, hard hitting, tasty but you need to faff about with lighters, I prefer electricity TBH. My other half managed to kick her spliff habit with it though, so I will always have love for it.

So we've had the Solo for about 10 years, it's a bit battered. Don't tell her, but I've been eyeing up the Tinymight as a replacement...

4 people like this

Im a storz and bickel fan, i had both mighty and crafty running for a year solid no problems,always good vapour,quick and easy,nice solid units. I've had the cheaper shite and a boundless cfx before but none lasted longer than a year. I had to quit and sold the mighty and crafty on after roughly a year of use on them for near dam what i paid for them too lol.

I failed with the dynavap, just couldn't get it to work for me in the way everyone else seems to be able too, i got a pal that will make a qtr last forever with a dynavap. All i could ever achieve was a few small hits and then combustion, the torch lighter i bought was a ballache too.

3 people like this

Found a good deal on a DynaVap so ordered one. I do like my desktop vape and the Firefly but will see how the DynaVap works for me. Seems a bit closer to a jeef than the other vapes I have. The lighter part put me off originally as it seemed a bit close to combustion but will see.

Like someone above said, the road away from combustion might not be quick. Trying to find what works for me. Thanks for people's input, it's good to hear 1st hand experiences.

6 people like this

The Vapcap is some bit of kit :yep: 

Heating with a torch becomes second nature in the end.. I aim the cap at NE rolling between thumb, index & middle finger, like shaping a cone; That motion moves the flame up and down the cap pretty evenly enough. Keep the torch flame about an 1/2-1inch away dependent on flame length and no. jets/flames.

Check out induction heaters too :D 

2 people like this

10 hours ago, ShiHanazono said:

Found a good deal on a DynaVap so ordered one. I do like my desktop vape and the Firefly but will see how the DynaVap works for me. Seems a bit closer to a jeef than the other vapes I have. The lighter part put me off originally as it seemed a bit close to combustion but will see.

Like someone above said, the road away from combustion might not be quick. Trying to find what works for me. Thanks for people's input, it's good to hear 1st hand experiences.

You'll love it. Here's my tips for use now you've hit the button...

Get a decent lighter - a blue flame job. One with a window to see gas level ideally, and one that is comfortable to hold lit for 10 or 20 seconds, so doesn't cook your thumb, doesn't creak while you hold it and make you think you heard the click (more on that later). I like the Honest 503 but it doesn't have a fill gauge and the button broke on it so can't really recommend that one! Didn't really find a decent one to replace it that ticked all the boxes which could be why we don't use the Vapcap much these days! (Thinking about making an induction heater for a project though).
Don't pack your green into it too much, and make sure it doesn't poke out or bulge out of the chamber (it's gonna combust if it touches the cap) but also, you might want to grow something with CBD in it if you want primarily relaxation
Also go easy on loading it generally, especially as you expressed concern over being knocked on your arse :D The good thing with the vapcap is that you can have a few tokes and put it down and have another go or two later when you know how stoned you want to be.

The good stuff is mostly in the first couple of goes though, but do make sure you hear it click on cool down before you hit it again, or pass it on to someone else (in your household of course!)
Don't forget to cover that hole when you take a toke! You can do your flautist impression when inhaling but it helps to start with it covered

Most important of all advice is OBEY THE CLICK - stop heating as soon as you hear it, it's really quite clever the way they got the temp right but let go of that gas as soon as you hear the click. If you do this, you will never inhale combustion fumes.

I've just typed this up after having my first  bag of the day, so I hope it made sense! Off to eat cake and icecream now...

6 people like this