Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

avfc1982

First timer under glass

19 posts in this topic

I've been thinking of doing this myself. Using fresh urine!!! Sounds gross but its fully organic and also hold all the nutrients for rapid plant growth. It's been used for millennia in growing farmers crops. Give it a search in google you'll be surprised at what it can actually do. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Wappasmokes said:

I've been thinking of doing this myself. Using fresh urine!!! Sounds gross but its fully organic and also hold all the nutrients for rapid plant growth. It's been used for millennia in growing farmers crops. Give it a search in google you'll be surprised at what it can actually do. 

I'll freely admit I take a leak on my compost bin regularly, all helps with the composting process and adds some nutrients!  They'll be a big lump of that compost in the soil I transplant into at the end of the week, so I'll see how it goes!

1 person likes this

On 23/06/2020 at 7:28 PM, avfc1982 said:

I'll freely admit I take a leak on my compost bin regularly, all helps with the composting process and adds some nutrients!  They'll be a big lump of that compost in the soil I transplant into at the end of the week, so I'll see how it goes!

Hahaha same. The nitrogen helps with the breaking down of the matter. 

Hows the girls doing now? Mine have just exploded since I wrote on here. Did you manage to get the rust sorted on the frision dew?

Hope all is well your end bud. 

Quite a big difference in the recent growth progress, the Frisian is pretty stunted, while the Orange Punch powers on through.  I've watered the Frisian Dew a couple of times using rain water and Epsom salts added but it's not made too much of a diference, still getting rust type marks on the leaves and it's working it way up the plant.  Anyone know why this might be and any possible remedies?

Both plants have had exactly the same treatment in the same soil, I've scaled back the watering in the Frisian Dew to see if that helps, I'll give it a good soaking when's it on the very dry side in teh next couple of days.

I've potted both of them on into a mixture of home compost, Melcourt SylvaGrow, perlite, vermiculite and a very small amount of BF&B.  With all that lot added in I'd be surprise if there was any nute deficiency.

Side by side, quite a big difference in progress (Frisian Dew on the left, Orange Punch on the right)

large.5efcdf0a86256_IMG_9283-Copy.jpg

Frisian Dew from above, notice the colouration of the leaves at the ends:

large.IMG_9287.jpg

Frisian Dew leaves closeup, still getting these small rusty type spots:

large.IMG_9286.jpg

1 person likes this