Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrnoobman

IWS one row of pots not filling

Having an issue with my IWS system.. third issue so far actually.

 

I have 2 rows of pots in my tent 4 at the back and 4 at the front. The back four are filling with no issues but the front four just don't want to fill and I don't know why. All the pots and brain pot are sitting on the floor. Don't know if my floor just isn't quite level or something. But the question is.. Do I need to raise the brain pot, raise the back pots or raise the front pots to fix this?

 

Any one who knows these systems please help me out ha haa :wallbash:

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, mrnoobman said:

Having an issue with my IWS system.. third issue so far actually.

 

I have 2 rows of pots in my tent 4 at the back and 4 at the front. The back four are filling with no issues but the front four just don't want to fill and I don't know why. All the pots and brain pot are sitting on the floor. Don't know if my floor just isn't quite level or something. But the question is.. Do I need to raise the brain pot, raise the back pots or raise the front pots to fix this?

 

Any one who knows these systems please help me out ha haa :wallbash:

 

Think there might be some kind of air lock because its worked fine upto now but how i fix it ??

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, mrnoobman said:

Think there might be some kind of air lock because its worked fine upto now but how i fix it ??

seems theres a block between pot 1 and 2 on the front row i filled the last 3 in the line with water and they never drained into the first so looks like im gona have to re do the hoses tomorrow ffs

Edited by mrnoobman

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, mrnoobman said:

seems theres a block between pot 1 and 2 on the front row i filled the last 3 in the line with water and they never drained into the first so looks like im gona have to re do the hoses tomorrow ffs

Flood n drain? I never had any issues with the floodn drain system. Aint used one for ages now. But gonna follow just coz Im interested in what's caused this.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Dan t said:

Flood n drain? I never had any issues with the floodn drain system. Aint used one for ages now. But gonna follow just coz Im interested in what's caused this.

Yer mate IWS flood and drain, probably somethin to do with an issue I had the other day..

 

In my IWS system, on the main flood pipe there is also a skinny pipe coming off it in to the res. My tank got to about half empty so this pipe would have been above the water level. I refilled the tank and started a flood cycle, the pots started overflowing and soaked my tent.

 

When the flood pump stopped the water flow didn't because the skinny pipe in the tank was still siphoning water into the brain pot. So I cut the skinny pipe down so its always above the water level in the main tank if that makes sense. That fixed that problem but might have caused this new one.

 

Today when doing a flood I noticed the front row wasn't getting any water except for the first pot in the line, so the 1st pot filled but the last 3 didn't at all. To confirm this I drained the system, and filled the last 3 pots with water to see if they drained into the first one at all, they didn't.

 

Some how the water isn't going from the first pot in the line to the rest, so I'm assuming it's some kind of air lock. I tried tilting the pots.. lifting them up and that to try sort it, didnt work. 

 

Then, I tried to take the hose off the T piece on the 1st pot and ended up snapping it hahaha. Going to get a new T tomorrow and replace the hose between the first 2 pots and hopefully that should sort it.

Edited by mrnoobman

Share this post


Link to post

im betting its a bit of hydroton/ clay pebble  stuck in the pipework somewhere

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Overflow makes me think a stuck float sensor. Also have got an anti syphon valve ?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, badbillybob said:

im betting its a bit of hydroton/ clay pebble  stuck in the pipework somewhere

 

3 hours ago, Dan t said:

Overflow makes me think a stuck float sensor. Also have got an anti syphon valve ?

 

I thought it would be a little pebble but when I took the pipe off it looked like it was empty but one might have fell off without me noticing like that would make the most sense! Problem solved anyway lads replace the t piece and pipe to and from the first pot and just done a feed an all went well thank fuck!!

 

I dont think so Dan its just the stock IWS flood and drain setup not sure if the skinny pipe is supposed to be the anti siphon bu ended up doing the syphoning hahaha but even when I was in a drain cycle.. the flood tap in the brain pot was still pumping water via that little skinny pipe, as soon as I cut it to be above the water level in the main tank the problem was gone!  Ill take a pic of it now and show you

Edited by mrnoobman

Share this post


Link to post

large.GOPR0273.JPG

 

Here he is the little fucker! I cut it right down so it's always above water level now and problem solved but now when I'm doing a flood it causes splashing noises cant win haha should have just pointed it at the side of the res in heinsight

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, mrnoobman said:

large.GOPR0273.JPG

 

Here he is the little fucker! I cut it right down so it's always above water level now and problem solved but now when I'm doing a flood it causes splashing noises cant win haha should have just pointed it at the side of the res in heinsight

Ah yeah. I see what ya mean now mate.  Glad ya got it sorted.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Glad you sorted it. I dont think its the syphon pipe as the pots should level with gravity, but as billybob said, it was probably some hydroton stuck in the pipe. Thats why i went with the Pro version, bigger pipes, less chance of blockage. My roots still find there way into the pipes even with the copper discs in the pots, id dread to think what using the thin pipes is gonna be like, keep turning them badboys and checking for roots flowing into pipes.

 

I ran some air line off my syphon pipe and tied to off so it ran around the res wall, and i also put syphon valves on the return pipes aswell.

 

Make sure your pipes comming from the brain to the pots are as level with each other as possible aswell, keep an eye on any hydroton getting drained back to the brain as ive had a pebble stuck in the float sensor which could have got REAL messy if I didnt catch it in time.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0