Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MerryDankmas

Is this Magnesium deficiency?

Hi all, currently 2 weeks into my first grow. I have a single Northern Lights strain planted in Coco and using the Canna nutrient range.

The past few days I've noticed some spot markings developing first on the lower leaves and then appearing on upper leaves. My research suggests this is a mobile nutrient deficiency based on the way the deficiencies are appearing on the plant, and the closest one I think it resembles is a Magnesium deficiency.

Ihave very soft water in my area so I've been adding CalMag until 0.4 EC as advised by Canna's website, followed by the rest of the nutrients. At this stage of grow that is taking me to about 0.7 EC / 350 ppm. I then PH down to 5.6. Does this look like a magnesium deficiency and if so am I best increasing doses of CalMag incrementally in my feeds to resolve it? Could it also be my PH is too low and I should also try upping my PH at the same time?

Cheers!

large.5eca63c06c336_NL1.jpglarge.5eca63c1077c2_NL2.jpg

I do know it's adviced to add cal mag to Coco... Maybe it's not enough?? I'm not too sure but I'll ask how much run off are you getting? If old nutrients aren't washed out and replaced properly you can run into problems!

It does look like a mag issue to me if I'm honest I've had it before on some GSC...

Have a read through this....

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/needcalmag/

1 person likes this

20% run off is important because like I mentioned the old water changes in pH over time and nutrients get absorbed which increases the EC and a whole load of other stuff happens soooooo if what your putting in is perfect... Then make sure it's flushing out the old water and that otherwise you'll run into issues...

1 person likes this

Best of luck im no expert so I hope one comes along soon 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Whambud said:

I do know it's adviced to add cal mag to Coco... Maybe it's not enough?? I'm not too sure but I'll ask how much run off are you getting? If old nutrients aren't washed out and replaced properly you can run into problems!

It does look like a mag issue to me if I'm honest I've had it before on some GSC...

Have a read through this....

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/needcalmag/

Thanks for the response. I'm currently watering every other day with out 20% run off. I measured the run off 2 days ago which was 0.8 EC / 400 ppm which from what I can tell is within the acceptable boundaries if my inflow is 0.7 EC / 350 PPM and doesn't suggest a old nutrient buildup. Thanks for the article link useful stuff, I think it confirms my suspicions as I didn't begin with a full CalMag dose only quarter strength. I'm wondering now if I keep up the full dose will it resolve itself or do I need to do something on top of that!

1 person likes this

Just now, MerryDankmas said:

Thanks for the response. I'm currently watering every other day with out 20% run off. I measured the run off 2 days ago which was 0.8 EC / 400 ppm which from what I can tell is within the acceptable boundaries if my inflow is 0.7 EC / 350 PPM and doesn't suggest a old nutrient buildup. Thanks for the article link useful stuff, I think it confirms my suspicions as I didn't begin with a full CalMag dose only quarter strength. I'm wondering now if I keep up the full dose will it resolve itself or do I need to do something on top of that!

Cal mag isn't a primary nutrient sooooo it's not really know for burning... Don't let that get to your head too much is very bad lol

I hope there on the mend!! You'll know your doing the right thing when normal growth resumes!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Whambud said:

Cal mag isn't a primary nutrient sooooo it's not really know for burning... Don't let that get to your head too much is very bad lol

I hope there on the mend!! You'll know your doing the right thing when normal growth resumes!

Ok I'll bear that in mind :D thanks for the input much appreciated!

1 person likes this

Looks like bad watering practice to me.

11 minutes ago, icki said:

Looks like bad watering practice to me.

I'm currently watering every other day with 20% run off. What do you think I might be doing wrong, underwatering/overwatering?

The pic looks underwatered.You need to feel the weight of the pot after watering.Lift it the next day.If it feels light water it again.

36 minutes ago, icki said:

The pic looks underwatered.You need to feel the weight of the pot after watering.Lift it the next day.If it feels light water it again.

Ok thankyou