Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BudJ

Coco bricks

Was in Poundland earlier and picked up a couple of bricks of cheap coco. Couldn't resist at a quid.

I'm about to start my first grow and looks like I'll have to use some cheap b & q compost as I can't get any premium stuff at the moment. So I thought it might be useful to mix say 20% coco in to lighten it up a bit and help with drainage.

Does anyone use these Coco bricks with compost or is it a daft idea? Maybe it's just complicating things and I should keep it simple for my first grow.

1 person likes this

Im in the same boat here, I just rehydrated the coco 5 mins ago. I was going to go for a 50/50 mix. Roots are starting to pop through the jiffy pots I've got my seedlings in so didn't want to wait to much longer before putting them in their final pots. First grow here too so its just trial and error really.

1 person likes this

I haven't done a mix but I've read diaries on here of people doing it no prob and they get faster growth than 100% compost. Go with coco would be my advice. Feed light and up the feed as they get older and the leaves become lighter which indicates they need more food. It's a piece of piss mate. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I brought cheap compost and poundland coco bricks, got fungus gnats. Cx tanlin works if you get "un" lucky. 

Use it from start if I was you,  I will be in the future. 

Coco is great for a soil mix though

Good luck

Edited by Bingboing
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Poundland coco is fine but only when, you use ph5.5 water to rehydrate and keep going until the ph runoff is ph5.5 and EC drops below 0.5 and wash through then let it soak over nite in calmag solution when added to your tap water until it reads 0.6 over nite. Then your ready to go. If you don't your going to have problems. Im using it atm since the growshops are looking 24-35 quid for a bag of canna professional and then addon the postage. They can go f___.  A little prep work aint so bad

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
brain dead on Dinafems OGC lovely
3 people like this