Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Auto gorilla

Is this calcium deficiency?

45 posts in this topic

Morning all got a issue with my plants they seem to be developing rusty spots on fan leaves I’m had a search and from the looks of it could be calcium deficiency can any body shed some light on this please. They are still growing very quickly but need to get this sorted ASAP as I don’t want to go into flower with issues. Thanks in advance 

large.EB6603CE-558B-4469-95B7-6C1D70BA5881.jpeglarge.6C97771D-884D-4A5A-B7F1-F5693A74EA64.jpeglarge.10E2B24F-A5C5-4C99-9598-B8CD2BFA98F5.jpeglarge.0EF7E2CA-1F37-4EDB-894B-6994292BF613.jpeg

2 people like this

looks like it to me ... tidy set up too... 

5 people like this

@Bartyfartblast cheers I’ve not had the system long it’s the 36 litre 4 pot alien rdwc such good build quality. What would be the best action to take for calcium deficiency in rdwc. I spoke with nutrient company and they said there’s no need to add calmag to there range but clearly plants are showing a different story. 

2 people like this

I wouldnt say its cal mag. 

1 person likes this

@Exile420 what do you think it could be then? 

My plants had these exact symptoms in rdwc from cyanobacteria, is there any sort of slime in the buckets or on the roots.

1 person likes this

Whats temps? Ph? Leafs are curled thats what makes me think its something else.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, ukbudz said:

My plants had these exact symptoms in rdwc from cyanobacteria, is there any sort of slime in the buckets or on the roots.

No roots are bright white and healthy looking and growth has not been effected they steaming along still. 

2 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Whats temps? Ph? Leafs are curled thats what makes me think its something else.

Water temps 19c 

air temps about 22c lights off 25/27 lights on. I don’t mess with ph due to using advance nutrient ph perfect 

1 hour ago, Auto gorilla said:

Water temps 19c 

air temps about 22c lights off 25/27 lights on. I don’t mess with ph due to using advance nutrient ph perfect 

Are you testing the PH, or assuming that the PH is correct?

looks like hunger to me, the leaves are eating themselves

Looks like a lack of humidity (canoeing leaves) which makes it dry and that is usually the main reason for a Calcium def because thats what it looks like to me

Owd

1 person likes this

I'd be adding a bit of calmag and upping the feed slightly... 

Your nutes may be designed to work with harder water than you have in your area so the addition of extra calmag might be needed. 

The symptoms certainly look very similar to cal deficiency anyway, that's just my opinion obviously 

1 person likes this

Before adding any calmag (it's both) I'd find out if your water is OK. Check the website for your water test results from your supplier. It looks like calcium deficiency which will be an imbalance out of your tap. If it is @ratdog is also right as they won't be getting the nutrient because of the imbalance.

:bong:

Obie 

2 people like this

I’m assuming the ph is correct using the ph perfect range they say not to mess with ph. 
also im using pure RO water so base is EC 0 I then add my nutrient upto EC 1.0 so I doubt they can be hungry the healthy  leaves are a a nice shade of green I’ve never been over EC 1.0 in veg. 
Advance nutrient ph perfect are designed to be used with RO water according to the manufacturer I contacted them asking if I needed to add calmag and they assured me I don’t. 
also humidity hasn’t been that low it’s doesn’t drop below 50% thanks for all the comments still not sure where to start with sorting the problem