Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

calif123

Plant Magic DWC nutrients during flower

Hi,

I have used Plant Magic before for DWC and were happy with the results. I am using it again but have a question please regarding flowering nutrients.

I am following the DWC grow schedule as per:

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/userfiles/downloads/52/UK DWC Feed Chart.pdf

According to  chart there are things added to the mix when the plant enters flowering (Bloom etc) but there is nothing taken away. I thought that during flowering the plants need less Nitrogen, and so was expecting that the chart would reflect this but it doesn't. 

Can you please clarify why it seems that we are only to add things during flowering and not take things (Nitrogen) away? My cynical side, says the PM just wants us to use nitrogen when we need not, but I dont know....

Thanks in advance

What do you think @badbillybob

I did intend to use this chart, and have purchased all the nutes on it, but thought i would do a quick search first for keywords.

er, I don't use plant magic nutes mate. I think zen ken did, but wasn't that IMPRESSED WITH THEM.

I don't take any notice of what the manufacturer recommends, its usually way too high. 

I just go off the ec readings

don't use the enzyme or root stimulant as I think its got humic or fluvic in it. 

I don't know about the rest, because I don't know whats in them to be honest.

you also don't need half of  the stuff listed on the schedule to be honest.

I don't suppose you could return them and get some ionic or canna?

9 hours ago, badbillybob said:

don't use the enzyme or root stimulant as I think its got humic or fluvic in it. 

I don't know about the rest, because I don't know whats in them to be honest.

you also don't need half of  the stuff listed on the schedule to be honest.

I don't suppose you could return them and get some ionic or canna?

Ive got canna pk13/14 and canna coco lined up from ages ago but i think ill have a whirl with PMs dwc range just too see how i get on. Ive been using the rootstimulant already on these seedlings, 5 have now sprouted, and the other 1, seed has broken but she hasnt popped up yet 

Shall i keep them in the propagator with cfl on 24hrs for another couple of days @badbillybob and wait for the roots to appear at the bottom of the riot cube? Thought the lights might need to go off to encourage abit of growth or would i be wrong? Thanks

yes, keep them in prop till roots are a couple of inches out of the bottom of the cubes, then transplant them to system.

light doesn't need to go off at all during veg phase, it can stay on 24 hours if you want. 

I usually do 20 hrs on and 4 off, just to save a bit of electricity.

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

yes, keep them in prop till roots are a couple of inches out of the bottom of the cubes, then transplant them to system.

light doesn't need to go off at all during veg phase, it can stay on 24 hours if you want. 

I usually do 20 hrs on and 4 off, just to save a bit of electricity.

Are you talking about while propagated or once they have been transplanted? 

I was planning a 18/6 cycle once transplanted.. would i be wrong? Also thanks again @badbillybob

im growing x5 critical kush and x1 amherst sour diesel all feminised

keep them in the propagator till the 2nd set of leaves appear, and slowly open out the vent on the top of the prop.

once another couple of sets of seeds appears, the top of the propo can be removed.

if you put the root riots in the cube holders, or even party cups, with some perlite ot hydroton underneath, then spray the perlite/hydroton more than the top of the cubes. This  will make sure the roots come out of the cubes, and when the roots are out of the cubes a couple of inches, put them in the netpots, with the roots at the bottom of the netpot, and back fill it with hydroton.

stick this in the pots and fire her up, the adventure has started

1 person likes this