Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

New2notill

no-till start up

115 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, kc stoner said:

Yeah the video shows what feeding soil orange peels does not what feeding soil vitamin c does 

I was thinking more the brake down of the orange peel would of done and the feeding of the soil and the life in it never tryed vitamin c just getting a foot in with notill as I'm hoping less is more you know 

10 hours ago, buddy13 said:

don't really know about wheat husks.

1 big fabric pot would work so much better and would be way less work if you can?

My grow space is 85.so little under 3 feet and 183 in length so 6 ft so was going to out plants on some thing to be able to move them easly 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ive my 76 litre extremely full of casting 2 year old pot on a bed of pumice in a 60x 60 tray, sitting on a sack truck from b and q I think.

Id never move this now I reckon the arse would fall out.But I can wheel it around.

You cant see the wheels im going to bang a rolling diary up later.All will become clear but....

7th maybe 8 th run im losing count.

But more applicable these days no tip runs.lol

Ph fucking pens,5litre bottles of coco food badly packed A and B ,landing at your neighbours, bags of coco flying in and out.Fucking madness.

Thank fuck them days are no more.My worms would  eat me out of house and home if I didnt keep the cunts in this pot.lol

Ive literally thrust my hand in. Made a hole, put cut in hole.:skin_up:

Atb

large.DF3F6635-E40A-4D85-AE75-98385DBBD7B4_1_201_a.jpeglarge.37E1F5B2-FCDC-4DA8-92D0-0AC9177CE522_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by icki
9 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 15/05/2020 at 2:35 PM, InTheSystem said:

Really a good soil mix (containing properly sourced mineral rich humus) with biochar and rock dust is all that is needed for a No-Till bed to perform exceptional even on the first cycle. I add amendments because for the sake of 20 quid you are just giving yourself a head start, but it's not vital for success at all.

Soil fixer SF60 is the dogs bollocks for life and humus.I added about 10 to 15 litres when this pot initailly and my self under performed with watering.It kick started the pot like a jump lead.

Edited by icki

Posted (edited)

@icki that's looking like some lovely soil ...l love  the way the worms are at the top I have just started and in 2years id be over the moon for my bed to look as good

Edited by New2notill

@icki how meany do you up in that pot ?

@InTheSystem where could I pick up this sf60?

If @Dinafem-Mark has time he mentioned this to me some time ago... I've looked on YouTube but im really no expert!

All the best matey

42 minutes ago, Whambud said:

If @Dinafem-Mark has time he mentioned this to me some time ago... I've looked on YouTube but im really no expert!

All the best matey

Ya this is my first attempt so trying to get peoples thoughts and what has work so any input is welcom 

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, New2notill said:

Ya this is my first attempt so trying to get peoples thoughts and what has work so any input is welcom 

It literally came to my mind because mark mentioned it to me ages ago and he was baffled I had no idea what it was lol if I remember correctly I think the guys at dinafem use 60/40 soil to Coco also... I hope more comes from this as I'm pretty interested...

I know you can burry fish heads in the soil also as I'm going to do that myself for my girls in there outdoor spot...

large.IMG_20200516_112812.jpg

Shit I mean in the videos on there page every single plant look fire!!!!!!!

Also there's subcools super soil all over the net that might be of interest... Literally can just feed straight water no need to pH...

I hope you find what your looking for didn't mean to go off the beaten track lol

All the best 

1 person likes this

On 15/05/2020 at 1:08 PM, Punk#1 said:

I think your right mate, by removing the chlorine and /or chloramine, those chemicals won't kill the microbes so they can thrive.

Not sure if vitamin C helps the microbes thrive themselves though

Ive just read that vitamin C "helps plants deal with stresses from drought to ozone and UV radiation" - Sciencedaily

You can also just let your water stand for 12-24hours and the chlorine should off gas. 

Or put an air bubbler in with it and you can use it after and hour or so :)

2 people like this

The build a soil episode of "the potcast' is a great starting point if you want to go no till organic.

I've probably listened to them about 5 times each (theres 2 of them) :)

2 people like this

Its so simple I struggling to grasp why more dont jump on board.

Its a simple exercise to build a soil for one run, and for life even easier.

3 people like this

34 minutes ago, modeflip said:

You can also just let your water stand for 12-24hours and the chlorine should off gas. 

Or put an air bubbler in with it and you can use it after and hour or so :)

For chlorine yeah mate your right but chloramine is a different beast.. Its made by attaching a chlorine molecule to an ammonia molecule and that shit won't evaporate, you need to destroy it! :furious:

:skin_up:

5 people like this