Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

New2notill

no-till start up

89 posts in this topic

I have just started some seeds 3x alien rift {ocean grown genetics} 3X space ace {north genetics} and 3X smurf zilla {north genetics} 

I have started them in some leftover soil ..but will be looking for a good living soil mix to put mothers in and set my flower room up with no-till isn't big in the UK and pointer would be grateful..

3 people like this

It's quite big in the UK mate, there's plenty of diaries here I'll try find you a couple.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Might be a good idea to get a diary up in the organic compost section aswell mate id be up for having a gander see how you get on. 

Edited by UKsFinest
2 people like this

I have found indoor organic for soil and sohum soil is out of stock ...and dint know it hade grown big in the uk as not meany people I know are growing this way any help would be great @ukfinest

1 person likes this

I'm going to do a journal or dairy just not set flower room up yet and me babys are not long in the sprout stage @ukfinest..not sure how to add images yet

2 hours ago, New2notill said:

I'm going to do a journal or dairy just not set flower room up yet and me babys are not long in the sprout stage @ukfinest..not sure how to add images yet

Quite interested in no-till myself, Just seems like I'd need to buy an awful lot of amendments just for a few plants..

No till my arse be standing at the till all day lol

5 people like this

@Punk#1 there are afew but they can be used as top dressing here and there but corn sprouts ,kelp meal ,alfalfa seeds .molasses worm casting are cheap so might be a little more on start up but long game and some research I'm hoping to learn to keep cost down 

2 people like this

Ive heard good things about ecothrive eco soil. You have to get the amount of soil right for the area your growing in but it feeds from seedling to harvest with very little extras required. I believe the only thing needed to give it that little extra is a microbe tea called biosys, every couple of weeks. The soils £30 for 40L, sounds expensive but with this stuff, you can reuse it over and over by adding the soil amendment at the beginning of each new grow, which cost about £8 for 1kg. 300g is the stated dose per 40L. So it stretches quite far. Only problem is it’s sold out everywhere, really wanted to give it a run. I’ve got the amendment for it, which according to ecothrives info, states that you can use it in standard soil or coco, which would be the same, no need to feed, as long as pre-mixed and given time to cool down. You can also use it as a top dress, then water with plain water as per usual. Definitely something I’m gonna be playing with this year.

They also have another product called neutralize, which 1 per drop Litre of water, neutralizes any chlorine and chloramine instantly which is fully organic too.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Tegridy Farms said:

Ive heard good things about ecothrive eco soil. You have to get the amount of soil right for the area your growing in but it feeds from seedling to harvest with very little extras required. I believe the only thing needed to give it that little extra is a microbe tea called biosys, every couple of weeks. The soils £30 for 40L, sounds expensive but with this stuff, you can reuse it over and over by adding the soil amendment at the beginning of each new grow, which cost about £8 for 1kg. 300g is the stated dose per 40L. So it stretches quite far. Only problem is it’s sold out everywhere, really wanted to give it a run. I’ve got the amendment for it, which according to ecothrives info, states that you can use it in standard soil or coco, which would be the same, no need to feed, as long as pre-mixed and given time to cool down. You can also use it as a top dress, then water with plain water as per usual. Definitely something I’m gonna be playing with this year.

They also have another product called neutralize, which 1 per drop Litre of water, neutralizes any chlorine and chloramine instantly which is fully organic too.

Did you know you can buy pure ascorbic acid (the ingredient in ecothrives neutralize) for 200g for £8? maybe even cheaper if you shop about

1g can clear a bathtub full of water

Edited by Punk#1
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

I have been looking in to eco soil amendments they sound like a solid Foundation. i have not long started reading teaming with microbes... will start teaming with nutrients next hoping this turns out to be a good project ..and I'm not a fan of perlite would rather rice husks and lava rock

Edited by New2notill

12 hours ago, Punk#1 said:

Quite interested in no-till myself, Just seems like I'd need to buy an awful lot of amendments just for a few plants.

this isn't quite true;

a handful of readily available bits from a garden center or online will give you a good start for not that much money considering it can/may last you 5-10+ years....

9 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

fully organic

the word organic(and all the stupid made up derivatives)  has become a minefield of red tape and money making con artists...….

7 hours ago, New2notill said:

rice husks and lava rock

or buck wheat husks work well too:yep:

I challenge anyone to try living soil and never look back:thumsup:

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, buddy13 said:

the word organic(and all the stupid made up derivatives)  has become a minefield of red tape and money making con artists...

I agree, but If you read what’s actually in the admendments of eco thrive, it’s all spot on.

Eco-Life contains Irish Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite, Thermophilic Compost, Worm Castings, Mealworm Frass (Charge), Neem Cake, Kelp (seaweed) meal, Crustacean meal, Volcanic Rockdust, Gypsum, Magnesium Limestone & Humic and Fulvic Acids (Nutrimate). Loaded with organic nutrition, these natural inputs supercharge the compost.”

With the neutralize, correct me if I’m wrong, it’s main active ingredient is concentrated vitamin c, and actively encourages microbes within the soil to thrive.

Edited by Tegridy Farms
Add quote

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Tegridy Farms said:

I agree, but If you read what’s actually in the admendments of eco thrive, it’s all spot on.

Eco-Life contains Irish Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite, Thermophilic Compost, Worm Castings, Mealworm Frass (Charge), Neem Cake, Kelp (seaweed) meal, Crustacean meal, Volcanic Rockdust, Gypsum, Magnesium Limestone & Humic and Fulvic Acids (Nutrimate). Loaded with organic nutrition, these natural inputs supercharge the compost.”

With the neutralize, correct me if I’m wrong, it’s main active ingredient is concentrated vitamin c, and actively encourages microbes within the soil to thrive.

I think your right mate, by removing the chlorine and /or chloramine, those chemicals won't kill the microbes so they can thrive.

Not sure if vitamin C helps the microbes thrive themselves though

Ive just read that vitamin C "helps plants deal with stresses from drought to ozone and UV radiation" - Sciencedaily

Edited by Punk#1
2 people like this

I think the plant gets it by vitamin c binding to minerals so it doesn't feed the herd or is changed or Converted by them 

1 person likes this