Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BudJ

Which grow media?

Almost got my gear sorted for first grow but I’m going round in circles on what to use, light soil, normal soil, mpc compost, coco, perlite, batshit, worm castings, Amazonian monkey dung. Probably over thinking it.

Growing autos indoor under led, planning to go straight to final pots - 11l. Have old timer grow & bloom.

I realise it’s personal preference etc but can anyone just give me a tried & tested simple potting mix for this type of grow?

1 person likes this

I use soil/compost like Biobizz allmix and it works for me , it has enough nutes for first 3 weeks which is done in smaller pots, then pot up and have a further 3 weeks nutes then just apply calmag and bloom only for 2-3 (or more if needed) weeks then flush . No grow nutes required. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, BudJ said:

Amazonian monkey dung.

Can do you some fresh south londonian monkeypig poo at a very competitive price if you like.

Coco, as they might be small ish pots for auto's. 

1 person likes this

I got decent auto yields in 11l pots of John Innes 3 and Levington's multipurpose. Both are strong enough to remove the need for veg feed.

2 people like this

westlands topsoil is only thing i can get quickly and cheaply.....any good???

All about the coco for me.

Tropic mix is my choice its 60/40 Peat to Coco , you treat it like soil so no E.C /PH pens needed  , so PM old timer's would be fine to use with it but as you also have the coco content which its super fast to root through which is exactly what you need growing autos.

i've grown auto's pretty much exclusively for last 4/5 years  and tried just about every soil brand out there (apart from monkeys pigs south londonian monkeypig poo ), this is the best by far IMO.

Plus its always well delivered and packaged well no rips in the bag  and i've never had fungus gnats as a result.

Nutrient wise it has enough to last to around day 25-28 IME.

2 people like this

If you use biobizz all mix as someone mentioned I'd advise you start in a basic compost/soil as the all mix can burn young plants... Maybe keep them in a light mix for a few weeks.

Make a well in the final pot. . Then as the plant grows it will reach the nutrients rich soil and will be less likely to burn as autos are quite delicate.

All the best mate!

1 person likes this