Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

steinos

First Time Grow Fast Seeds Gorilla Glue Auto

41 posts in this topic

Hey guys, first time posting here, and first time growing. After reading @Serpent and @blackpoolbouncer auot guides/diaries I have decided to give it a go myself. As a first timer I have alot of questions etc so please bare with me. My setup is pretty basic, dr80 tent, Spider Farmer Sf-2000, 6" CF. Im using BioBizz all mix in 10L pots, and will be using BB Fish Mix and Bloom. Will be doing 3 plants to start I think.

I have just soaked the seeds for 36 hours and planted them in pre soaked 0.5l pots last night and they are now in the airing cupboard, hoping they break through over the next few days. First question, once they pop their heads up shoudl I put them straight under 24hr light? And with regards to watering at this early stage is it best just to mist them?

Thanks for reading, and I'm sure these questions have been asked hundreds of times, so thanks for anyone taking the time out to reply. I will update this as I go along, and will try and post some pics, although I use an iphone and I think I read on here somewhere that it wasnt a good idea to take pics with an iphone?

Cheers

Steinos

3 people like this

hi mate, all sounds good so far. As soon as they break the surface they can go on 24 hours light if you like. Mine all do.

As for watering you want to be following a wet dry cycle from day 1. When the pot is almost completely dry, water it. you will tell by the weight. A wet pot feels heavy and a dry pot is noticeably light.

We are encouraging those roots to go searching for water.

Good luck bud, keep us in the loop with an @

2 people like this

I did some of these last year and they got BIG.

Like really big, good yielders too.

Pulled 20+ from 5 under a 600 :yep:

Good luck :yinyang:

2 people like this

@Dodgee whoa, looking forward to seeing what I can get!

@blackpoolbouncer I’ll  be @ing you quite abit throughout this grow for as much info as I can get! Really excited about it, like a kid in a sweet shop!

1 person likes this

Good choice on the strain :yep:

GG Auto is my go to when I need to fill the jars quickly and with something tasty.

Good luck with the grow.. 

1 person likes this

Cheers @The Bishop Basher Just waiting for the girls to pop up now and then straight into the tent! Hopefully get a nice smoke from them! I have some Lemon Merangue by Tatsebudz to try next time, then I think I will try the Blue Kush by Dinafem, as BB ones looked awesome.

So the girls have all popped their heads up now, and all straight in the tent under 24 hour light, will keep this cycle throughout I think. Temp is around 27, exctrator isnt set up yet as they sent wrong size CF, but will be tmrw so hopefully that will cool it slightly when needed, and Im using a passive intake as only an 80x80 tent..... Will post some pics in a few days hopefully.

Day 5 pics, under 24 hr light. Had first water feed yesterday, will pot up to final pots day between day 7and 10. @blackpoolbouncer they looking ok to you bud?large.AA6AF1BA-58FB-4325-8D40-149C22A126FC.jpeglarge.9CBE958F-8981-4868-A285-96564CFC37E5.jpeglarge.4DA1F7D0-43D8-48FF-82D3-32BFC3851F85.jpeg

Looking fine bud. 

What compost are they in. It looks like it might be a bit hot for seedlings bit time will tell. I don't think it's will be a problem bit if you look close you can see a slight bit of yellow mottling to the leaves indicative of an excess of nutrients. 

Don't sweat it though 

Good luck mate 

@blackpoolbouncer using bio bizz all mix thi stime as couldnt get clover as you recommended.....  Hopefully be ok, do you recommened me to do nything or just leave them be....

9 minutes ago, steinos said:

@blackpoolbouncer using bio bizz all mix thi stime as couldnt get clover as you recommended.....  Hopefully be ok, do you recommened me to do nything or just leave them be....

Leave em be mate. All mix is just a bit hot for starting seeds off from what I gather and as we see here. They will be fine and will soon grow past it and take advantage of those nutrients.

1 person likes this

Hey @blackpoolbouncer gonna pot up to final pots in next couple of days. How do you pre soak the final pot soil? I’ve got a large tray, was going to pour water in there and sit the pots in there so they soak it up from the bottom....

here’s a picture from day 7large.FD83F519-7168-429E-A7C4-6BB99AFA4D20.jpeg

Easy now mate. Got a bit of developing to go yet before they will have enough root structure to hold themselves together. 

Pot them up into compost out of the bag. Give them a good water. Nearly to saturation. So say a ten litre pot. Give them a litre and a half or so. Enough to soak the whole pot but not necessarily make it piss wet through. Commence wet dry cycle where you saturate from here on in. 

If your rootball is well developed and the plant is thriving you can completely saturate at pot up because it will very quickly use the water up. Generally taking 5 days to dry out. Then 3 days and then 2 days once rooted 

2 people like this

So I should wait abit longer before pot up @blackpoolbouncer? I thought I read somewhere between 7-10 days is ideal to pop up?

Thanks again for helping out!

4 minutes ago, steinos said:

So I should wait abit longer before pot up @blackpoolbouncer? I thought I read somewhere between 7-10 days is ideal to pop up?

Thanks again for helping out!

It's is mate. That's when I do it but the plants are a bit further on than what your ate now. 

If you try to remove those from the lot a now there will next to no roots and the compost will just sell part leaving you  withered seedling and a load of compost on the floor 

1 person likes this