Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gsp1ce

Pi grow room monitor/control

295 posts in this topic

@Gsp1ce Ah I see, the top of the tube is capped and the bottom is exposed I take it? I would think you'd have to keep that pretty still to stop the air escaping and throwing your reading

13 minutes ago, argosthewizard said:

@Gsp1ce Ah I see, the top of the tube is capped and the bottom is exposed I take it? I would think you'd have to keep that pretty still to stop the air escaping and throwing your reading

Have no idea :) could be interesting finding out.

Although ultrasonic thingy works well enough for my application so prob run with that for a while and see its long term performance.

Edited by Gsp1ce
3 people like this

After modbus success last night getting some hex data out of it...thought the rest would be easy!! 

But what a f**kin mission..been at it off and on all day! sorting buffer output into actual values took a hideous amount of searching for scripts and modifying nodes..Im starting to understand this modbus shit...its horrible!

Had problems splitting registry buffer data into separate objects so done 3 serial in nodes/processes..but got it working :) my brain hurts.large.IMG_20200531_234611.jpglarge.IMG_20200531_234514.jpg

2 people like this

Everything you need (all you get)!large.download.png

will not miss staring at it :) 

2 people like this

Next i gotta properly calibrate PH sensor and do some load testing to see amp draw (will eventually do running power cost)

Then its gonna go into service in new g.room...when i build it.

@highcontrast dude..will send you my power meter flow if you want it :) or anyone else :) 

Be happy to save anyone enduring that horror :)

2 people like this

@Gsp1ce It's coming together mate! 

Once your groom is up and running, will you be able to test new sensors etc without interrupting the processes you have in the background? I'm pretty sure that will be the case with the arduino and I dont really want to buy 2 (they're not that dear though in all honesty)

2 people like this

Interesting stuff on the kickstarter, although im sure i have i seen most of that stuff available on a tiny bme680 sensor thats already available. 

2 people like this

Yes, it's either 2 or 3 of the sensors on the same breakout board for much the same price. 

I've fancied giving money to a start up like this but there's nothing new on this one. 

2 people like this

Mu hah hah :) can read active power (Wattage) and amperage now..initially got voltage and frequency fine (16bit registers)..Power and current registers are whats called 'long registers' WTF?

Guessed 'long' was gonna be 32bit?? and it was :) modbus is my bitch now..

Its so cool...can see exactly what wattage the entire system is pulling and once i see the tariff at the new pad i can get accurate running costs displayed :) and can start workin on efficiency and the dream of solar/battery powered growroom...off the grid! 

Was charging phone of system at about 45w..system idles at 10w :) 

large.IMG_20200601_161549.jpg

Edited by Gsp1ce
2 people like this