Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mr88hutchinson

small tent auto grow, auto bubblegum and dark devil auto

114 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, rosebowl said:

Nice one @mr88hutchinson think my first grow under CFL came in  at 14-21g per plant, 8 plants  (purple urkle) under 2 x 250w.   Personally I feel 6 days is a bit too early to put in jars just yet and I would put then in brown bags for a good week or two before jarring. 

if I had been able to keep the temps down a bit I would have been happy to but that heatwave just dried it out so quick I wanted to make sure there was some moisture left to burp with, have put the dark devil in a fruit and veg bag and leaving it in the wardrobe where it's cool and dark for another 3-4 days then it's going back in its jar

16 hours ago, mr88hutchinson said:

if I had been able to keep the temps down a bit I would have been happy to but that heatwave just dried it out so quick I wanted to make sure there was some moisture left to burp with, have put the dark devil in a fruit and veg bag and leaving it in the wardrobe where it's cool and dark for another 3-4 days then it's going back in its jar

yeah i bet, those couple of days were bloody hot lol , just be careful they havnt just flashed dried on the outside and they still have a lot of moisture in the centre of buds. iv always allowed two weeks to fully dry before jarring up. 

How I gauge when dry enough is weigh after chopping including the branches, leave on branch for 6 days then nip buds off and place on a net until 20% of first weigh in. Then brown bag them for 4-5 days before finally putting in jars. Even then im still wary of them being in jars and burp jars 2-3 times a day for at least the first week of the being in jars. Last thing yo want is for mould to set in while in jars. 

RB

1 person likes this

Brilliant thread mate. I've been considering moving indoors to a similar sized space and was wandering if it was really worth it or if I could sustain my needs with it. But with your success I'm inspired to give it a go. Can I message you a few questions about your setup?

1 person likes this

all looks good mate. your a few weeks ahead of me so I'll be interested to see your drying/burping process carry out.

Will you be using those dehumidifying packs in the jars I've seen some growers use? They're marked up with percentages...I'm not really sure about them tbh

congrats on the crop so far :)

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, dazed&confused said:

all looks good mate. your a few weeks ahead of me so I'll be interested to see your drying/burping process carry out.

Will you be using those dehumidifying packs in the jars I've seen some growers use? They're marked up with percentages...I'm not really sure about them tbh

Some of the outdoor boys use silica gel for drying; air tight container with mesh shelves and little bags of silica dotted around and a hygrometer to monitor things, totally smell proof and seemingly good results, just have to be careful you don't dry them out too quickly. You can get silica that changes colour as it absorbs more water so you know when to swap it out for fresh stuff and then dry it out for further use. Obviously its not the tried and tested optimal way but with a a bit of fine tuning could be a really good method. 

2 people like this

9 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Brilliant thread mate. I've been considering moving indoors to a similar sized space and was wandering if it was really worth it or if I could sustain my needs with it. But with your success I'm inspired to give it a go. Can I message you a few questions about your setup?

Yes mate fire away

14 hours ago, rosebowl said:

yeah i bet, those couple of days were bloody hot lol , just be careful they havnt just flashed dried on the outside and they still have a lot of moisture in the centre of buds. iv always allowed two weeks to fully dry before jarring up. 

How I gauge when dry enough is weigh after chopping including the branches, leave on branch for 6 days then nip buds off and place on a net until 20% of first weigh in. Then brown bag them for 4-5 days before finally putting in jars. Even then im still wary of them being in jars and burp jars 2-3 times a day for at least the first week of the being in jars. Last thing yo want is for mould to set in while in jars. 

RB

They get burped when I'm smoking which is quite often lol the BG is really maturing in flavour and is ponging the flat out  when the jars open, tasting better each day, no signs of mould and crumbles in the grinder pretty nicely, at the rate I smoke it will be gone in a few weeks  :skin_up:

6 hours ago, dazed&confused said:

Nah just leaving the jar open when I skin up mate i ran out of weed yesterday so have been chuggin on me wares 

hey peeps come back from seeing family so thought i would update

the aks are coming on great i figure they've got about another 3-4 weeks to go, leaves are starting to turn at the base and both plants have been getting 3ml per litre had little bit o nute burn but not that much,

large.IMG_09072020_100156_(2200_x_1650_pixel).jpglarge.IMG_09072020_100212_(1650_x_2200_pixel).jpg

iv let them get a bit taller than the last pair and getting some taller colas as a result, looking forward to watching them ripen up anyway both got a litre and a half of just water today large.IMG_09072020_100430_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg

large.IMG_09072020_100401_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpglarge.IMG_09072020_100331_(1650_x_2200_pixel).jpglarge.IMG_09072020_100553_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpglarge.IMG_09072020_100508_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpglarge.IMG_09072020_100307_(1650_x_2200_pixel).jpg

bizarre but they have a sort of spicy cinnamon aroma to them

anyway cheers for reading

3 people like this