Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rosebowl

Inside and Out Auto Grow

64 posts in this topic

Hi all, it's been a while now since I last done a grow, Lots has gone on and life changes both positive and negative with a positive I was given a Grandson who is six very soon and is my life. 

But here goes with an auto grow, not the first time as been  outdoors but iv decided to have a go at an inside grow during lock down as well as chuck a few outside too.

Inside set up.

SJ V100 Tent

DS 400w and standard reflector

4" Rhino Fan and pro filter

11L Pots 

Lightmix (Plagron)

Fish Mix , OT Bloom

Ill be drawing fresh air from a north facing window and venting into hall way in a very airy house. passive at first but do have an intake 4" fan if needed.

Heavy Weight Seeds Massive Migget Autos (aka MM)

Outside.

compost heap of over 13 years dug over with half a bag of JL 3 compost, not great but all I had. 

South facing and I have had decent results before in green house but thats been over grown with the black berry bushes i planted out 5/6 years go. 

Random seeds given to me from a mate, told some autos, fems, regs. This is pretty much a lucky dip selection lol  

Started MM in root riot cubes in heated propagator, took 5 days to show their heads then placed under a 125w cfl for a couple days.24 hours and now under the DS 400w in their final pots for 20/4

Sadly only 4 showed (so far) and a couple not looking that great ATM. 

Temps in tent are were running at 20 degrees but I have now turned fan off and temps are running at 24 degrees, Im hoping turning fan off for the time being with increase humidity?

large.DSCN5877.JPGlarge.DSCN5877.JPGlarge.DSCN5886.JPGlarge.DSCN5883.JPG

For the outside they were again started in RR cubes then under 125w cfl for a couple days then put in ground. out of 30seeds  24 showed but due to cats and birds only 17 left. since putting cages and wire netting up have lost none over night so far. Outside always been a numbers game imo.

large.DSCN5888.JPGlarge.DSCN5887.JPG

All good fun and any advice I'll be grateful of 

Cheers RB 

4 people like this

Looks like your on it! 

Very best of luck @rosebowl

Evidently you managed to sort your photo upload issues. Glad your sorted 

1 person likes this

Just now, TommyTrichome said:

Looks like your on it! 

Very best of luck @rosebowl

Evidently you managed to sort your photo upload issues. Glad your sorted 

Cheers chap, yeah was watching something on youtube and on the top said youtube will be stop using this browser soon please upgrade. Hit the button to upgrade and hey ho pics uploaded lol.

no resizing and just like I remember years go lollol now there be no stopping me posting pics now lol 

Will say these beans have taken the longest out of autos I done before to show. ATM not impressed but ill give these time as early days but two are not looking that great. im going to make another order of autos and this time go with what I know Sweet Seeds have never disappointed me before 

Cheers RB

1 person likes this

They can be funny ones autos, tough seed casings and they don't seem as aggressive as photos when germing. 

Make sure you keep them moist but ensure the seed doesn't get lost or packed in under the soil... I use a fine mister spray bottle, will soak your soil but without moving it around as such so seed stays where it should.

As you say, get some extras ordered anyway... you can never have enough back up plans hehe! 

TT :bong:

2 people like this

Good luck man I using a bottle over mine only I n garden but big pots so cant move them inside need to invest in a green house for coming months what is it your running outside this year 

2 hours ago, Ccs141 said:

Good luck man I using a bottle over mine only I n garden but big pots so cant move them inside need to invest in a green house for coming months what is it your running outside this year 

Just some seeds I was giving that come off an auto grow and bag seed really nothing special. lol

1 person likes this

Nice man 

Iv sided with going 24/0 for at least the vegging period, #1) can keep a more consistent temps which are running between 22 and 26 degrees where as within an hour of light off temps dropped to 19 degrees yesterday and probably would have went lower.   #2) To push max light in to them during vegging stage.  #3) being it only around an extra tenner for 4 weeks going 24/0 this isnt going to break the bank and worth if it keeps the girls that little bit more stress free  

I have been watering them 40ml each every 12 hours around the base of steam, the light mix was pre-wetted in pots a few days before putting seedling in final pots. Iv got negative pressure, as even with door half unzipped  can really see the flap being sucked in along with the sides. Light is 3 1/2 foot above top of pots. 

Here they are on day 2 of being under the DS 400w. or 10 days since planting the seeds.  

large.DSCN5899.JPG

large.DSCN5897.JPGlarge.DSCN5895.JPGlarge.DSCN5894.JPGlarge.DSCN5893.JPG

large.DSCN5900.JPG

For how long I keep these bottles over them im not sure but at least humidity is up atm and thats got to be a good thing. 

Posted (edited)

The outside girls are clearly not liking it down there, but since putting the wire netting up its kept the birds and cats off.  

About 30% look like this bending over something tell me its the soil but nothing lost really here as only done due to this lock down 

large.DSCN5903.JPG

This girly seems to be heading the way, the largest of them all so far. 

large.DSCN5902.JPG

Again bending right over , suppose save me LSTing them lol 

large.DSCN5901.JPG

last few days we have had rain so hoping a nice day of sun is what they need. 

Edited by rosebowl
1 person likes this

Hey,

You Buy yourself some cheap 2ltr pop bottles, cut them 2/3 of the way down and use them as little dome propegators... keeps the humidity up, temps up, the intense wind off and protects from said birds...

I'd be tempted to stick some kind of rigid support with a little wire loop on to keep them standing upright too.. like wooden kebab scures or rigid garden wire etc..

Only my 2p but defo think it will help out.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, TommyTrichome said:

Hey,

You Buy yourself some cheap 2ltr pop bottles, cut them 2/3 of the way down and use them as little dome propegators... keeps the humidity up, temps up, the intense wind off and protects from said birds...

I'd be tempted to stick some kind of rigid support with a little wire loop on to keep them standing upright too.. like wooden kebab scures or rigid garden wire etc..

Only my 2p but defo think it will help out.

I am using the bottles I have ATM for the girls insideas they are a priority  I agree as the one that's doing well atm outside is under a bottle and a few iv chucked in pots are looking good also under a bottle. 

Will say the ones bent over have straightened up over the last 7 hours and its not the brightest day out there lol

If i come across some bottles ill use them but not going to stress too much about these one in all honestly. They either give me a smoke or they dont lol 

Edited by rosebowl
1 person likes this

Fair play...  im sure they'll come around 

1 person likes this

Getting along @rosebowl will be checking in on this one :skin_up:

i have held off watering this morning, pots feel bottom heavy and hopefully roots will go searching for this water. I have some root stim coming within the next few days so will give the pots some time to dry out a bit to start a wet/dry cycle going. 

Temps are averaging 25 degrees at bottom of pots reaching a peak of 28 degrees at around 2 pm which by leaving tent unzipped at the bottom keeps temps at 25 degrees. 

2nd set of leaves are showing on the leading two girls and seem to be growing at the same rate. The other two, one is showing growth and seems to be catching up but the runt is still trying to find her feet bless her.

I have raised the light to the max which is 4 foot away (was at 3.5 feet) and last 24 hours it does seem they are liking that. 

As for humidity im spraying the inside of the bottles to hopefully increase humidity , this is an area I do not know the true reading atm due to waiting a delivery.

Tomorrow will be day 7 since they popped their heads and been under lights so will post update pics of them tomorrow. 

Cheers RB

1 person likes this

I have used your trick with the bottles of my new seedling, good little tip there. Im waiting for mine to come soon.

You got a very nice grow going on they look nice hopefully they stay healthy.