Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SYZYGY

Emerald Mountain expedition

88 posts in this topic

Greetings and welcome to another coco and LED excursion :smokin:

This will be my third run under the stunning fixtures from @diyleduk - 

PAR+ 275 in the parlour of adolescence (120x60x120cm)

2 x Growmau5 Logic 500 in the house of many flowers (240x120x220cm)

Since finding a good keeper on my hunt for sativa doms, I'm focusing my attention towards something a bit heavier for now. Since making the switch to vaping, the sats are getting me high as a kite - need some balance in my life :yinyang: 

I got interested in Emerald Mountain's Royal kush crosses after watching an interview with Ben, liking their approach, and seeing some diaries / photos around here. 

My first choice was the Royal Limez - (ZkittleZ x Black Lime Reserve) x Royal Kush. I found them at a reduced price, but after making my order the vendor got back to me - they were out of stock but would I like two packets of whatever's left instead? I do already have some OGKZ finishing up and can't turn down a deal like that, so snapped up:

large.seeds.jpg

Tinky Winky 

Lineage: (Black triangle X Royal kush) X (Triangle Kush X 88 g13 Hash Plant)

Flowering Time: 8-9 Weeks

Yield: High

Terps: Pungent fuel with gassy, yet fruity undertones

"Pungent fuel with gassy, yet fruity undertones" is what I imagine the inside of a Teletubbies' costume to smell like, wonder if that's where they got the name? 

Eh-Oh! Tasting sounding weed tho.

large.seeds-TW.jpg

Queen's Candy

Lineage: Sunset Sherbert X Royal Kush

Flowering time: 9 weeks indoor

Yield: Medium/ High

Terps: Sweet vanilla and cream with notes of fuel, citrus and berries

I sampled a few Sherbet crosses a while back that had a thick creaminess and a full body slam - notes of citrus/fuel would have been a nice addition. Let's see...

large.seeds-QC.jpg

They're regulars, and since I need 8 good females for flowering I've decided to put down 10 of each. I soaked coco jiffy plugs in 2ml/l Grower's Ark Root Tonic and 3ml/l First Feed, gave them a little squeeze, and planted the seeds straight in. Into a prop they go, in a little clone tent with single tube T5 above it (QX-75 not here yet ;))

Environment has been solid at 24.5-26°C and RH of 70-75%. 

60 hours or so later we have life, and suggestions of life to come:

large.action.jpg

large.sprout-is-out.jpg

:) 

I'll update in a few days when there's some more action. 

Hope you're all safe and well,

thanks for reading 

:yinyang:

21 people like this

Looking good in here all ready :)

Good luck with it!

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

fruity undertones

To match Tinky Winky's subtle sexual orientation lmao you'll have to find a red clasped handbag to fill with these buds and do a photo!

Also, it's about damn time you got a diary going on here! Slacker. :D

5 people like this

Whats going on with strain names these days. lol Can moan at a free pack though.

Are you flowering with the PAR+ now then? 

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, diyleduk said:

Whats going on with strain names these days

16 minutes ago, Exhale said:

To match Tinky Winky's subtle sexual orientation

I didn't know what it was a reference to after thinking about it a bit too much... lol 

9 minutes ago, diyleduk said:

Are you flowering with the PAR+ now then? 

Was thinking about it, but it'll be the Logics as the current run will be out of there before these are ready for flippage. I'll see what I can do with the space I have... would like to flower a male or two, but I think the PAR+ will remain on 18/6 for now. 

Thanks for looking in, @Dirk_Diggler147 too :yep: 

4 people like this

Hey mate. Good luck with this grow. What are you doing with your sativa mum then on this next round? Is she just sitting it out? Going to follow along for sure. All the best.

2 people like this

@ROCKSTEADY6 Thanks for popping in bud. I have a few mums sitting in the veg tent at the moment, 2 x Chocolope (which will soon become one), 2 x Jack's Cleaner 2 (keeping both on for now - incredible terp profiles both), The New, OGKZ, Bubba's Gift and a mate's Exodus which I'm baby-sitting. 

My plan was to have 4 or 5 solid selections for a bit of variety and stop playing the seed lottery. 

I think my final hunt for a while will happen once I get my lifetime sub in and do a big old SOG. 

4 people like this

That's a nice mum collection. I really liked OGKZ and have some The New to grow out soon. There seems to be mixed reports of it though so glad to hear you thought it worthy of keeping. 

2 people like this

32 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

glad to hear you thought it worthy of keeping. 

I haven't tried either yet, but I try to keep a cutting of every plant I grow until I've sampled the cured product, or seen enough to be put off. 

I've let a few get away in the past and it's a horrible feeling. 

I actually lost most of my HSO cuttings when I had rough patch recently, the 3 I have left refused to die, so that's a good sign... literally pulled them back out the bin! 

4 people like this

22 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

I've let a few get away in the past and it's a horrible feeling.

I'll second that. There were a few keepers of those quick criticals I did where I'm finding the buds in different jars and some of it really stands out - especially the energy drink smelling ones they produce a proper thick sandy resin head that would be great for hash, has that hard heavy hit like an opiate fucking leathers me on the vape it's like the ganja version of hitting an opium pipe :D

4 people like this

:yinyang:

A very nice view this morning - 100% germination. Which is great as the beans were just pushed into the plugs any old way lol 

Two of the seedlings still had their coats on. I asked if they were staying, then stopped being facetious and helped them out with a scalpel. 

Some are too leggy already so they've been transferred to the veg tent for some proper light. They were started in the clone tent to keep a slightly cooler germination temp under the prop lid. 

large.all-present.jpg

The PAR+ is set at 160W, 32" from the seedlings. It normally stays at ~180W in this tent and will look to edge it back up as they develop. 

It runs 18/6 so the young sprouts are about to get their first sleep. 

The environment is a tricky balance in this tent but I've been happy with the data over the past few days. 

Lights-on temp ranges from 25-27°C, lights-off 22-23°C.

RH is 55-70% so I'm happy leaving the prop lid off. 

I squeezed the jiffy plugs much lighter than usual this time after soaking which has worked out well. They've retained enough moisture for now but will prob need a few ml each when I check later. 

I've officially welcomed them into the world and thanked them for their vigorous performance so far :) 

12 people like this

9 minutes ago, Exhale said:

fucking leathers me on the vape it's like the ganja version of hitting an opium pipe

See, that's what I need right about now. I caned off my last nug of over-cooked Purple Sunset last night... was a flat-line delight lol 

3 people like this

@SYZYGY great start to the diary and congrats on the germination. Im going to grab a seat and spectate in the corner.

Best of luck with the grow.

Take care.

Toke...

5 people like this

Thanks @tokenroll, always a pleasure to have you stop by. I'm impressed by the vitality of these sprouts, a sign of things to come hopefully. 

All the best mate. 

4 people like this

Good luck mate. I really rate Emerald Mountain seeds, got a well good Royal Wedding keeper out a pack which is pure fire. You are off to a great start :george:

2 people like this