Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowingViking

Growingviking returns! 2020 Let’s Grow!

125 posts in this topic

I’ve tied them down in the past, not sure if it gives a better yield but it helps with airflow a little.  I’m LSTing mine at the moment as their a bit short and don’t want all the buds too tightly bunched up. It also gives me something else to fiddle with.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Billynobuds said:

I’ve tied them down in the past, not sure if it gives a better yield but it helps with airflow a little.  I’m LSTing mine at the moment as their a bit short and don’t want all the buds too tightly bunched up. It also gives me something else to fiddle with.

Ah nice.

Indoors it can give better yields so I’m hoping it does some good outdoors. Either way it’ll help keep the plants down a bit. 

Another rainy update 

How’s everyone getting on so far? While I was relieved with the rain initially. I’d like a bit of sunshine now to even it out a bit.

So let’s start with the negative. 

Gorilla Auto:

large.D02BB225-E2A0-4883-BDCF-68FE7B4E85E0.jpeg

As mentioned before I dropped this one and it smashed on the floor. I managed to salvage most the soil but had to repot into this mega pot. This has a bunch of worm castings in also. I tied it down a couple of days ago and it seems to be getting on ok. 

Here’s the RGS LemxFreeze that snapped in the wind and has just become completely spasticated since.

large.9685EFBF-52DD-4A4B-A259-706A88297354.jpeg

I mean it’s still growing but in all honesty I don’t really know what to do. I was considering if it grows more leaves maybe to try and take some cuttings and clone them but I don’t think that’s a good idea. Any suggestions? 

Now for some good stuff!

large.612BD16E-74B3-4E3D-AF10-BAB712E74D6C.jpeg

Here’s everything else growing away happily. I tied down two of the autos at the back and they’re already shooting back up towards what little sunnthere is so I’m hoping that encourages some more sidebranching. 

The rest of the photo’s are coming along nicely too. It’s just all a waiting game eh...

4 people like this

Potting on

Hey guys

Some of the roots have all now started showing at the bottom of the pots on the photo’s. When would be a good time to move them into a new pot, or should I even move them at all? 

Not sure how to approach this one. 

1 person likes this

Autoflowering has begun

hey everyone 

quick update this week

Flowering is now underway with the autos. I’m a bit gutted at their short stature that they’ve already begun flowering but what can you do. Hopefully get some early buds.

Here’s the forgotten cookies

large.98E658C1-4022-4834-A5FA-6324D0A38423.jpeg

Here’s the Gorilla Auto

large.7AC784A7-F144-464B-8F6C-89882147C3EC.jpeg

The 3 bears is getting on strongest but the pics wouldn’t upload. Next time! 

Here’s the rest, still vegging along:

large.D9B7D169-D6F7-4694-A3AD-97EE405D3713.jpeg

I’m getting quite a few manky leaves as well as some curls here and there. Any ideas what this could be? It’s not been a problem really but I’d rather address it now.

large.FA40F69C-851A-4669-B4E6-CF823FB9C02D.jpeg

Send more medics! 

6 people like this

Heat update

Hey everyone

how goes everyone’s grow? 

I am very thankful for this small heatwave we’re having and yesterday gave the plants their biggest drink yet, anticipating bad weather today. 

No bad weather and went out and saw all the plants drooping something fierce. Thought maybe I’d overdone it with the water, nope! With this ferocious heat they’ve soaked it all right up and were in need of another drink. I’ve just watered them again and have decided that it’s probably time I repotted some of the photo’s. 

I think I’ll leave the autos to grow in the pots they’re in for now as they’ve already kicked into flower quite well now. 

More soil is needed! 

Ill get some photo’s when it’s not so hot but I’m really pleased with their growth so far. A lot of the burn issues I had have now resolved and everything is looking fairly healthy too. 

What about everyone else? 

1 person likes this

My Girl Scout Cookies auto is about a week into flower and going well. Surprised as it was really struggling at times during its vegging. Second GSC auto sadly damped off the other day :thumbdown:

My “auto amnesia” turned out to be a mistake in the listing on the site I bought it from and it’s actually a photoperiod. It’s close to 90cm tall now so will just let it go and see what I get. The company sent me a couple of auto seeds to make up for the error so will get those popped. 

4 people like this

Good looking girls bud. I have to watch out for my kids more than slugs and snails lol they just seem to want to pull them apart especially my youngest hahaha. 

I remember trying to grow some pineapple Express a couple years back and boy did they grow. I stopped them twice and they still didnt stop had to chop them done before flower as they were over my fence. If I let them grow they would've been atleast 8-10ft tall lol. The rest those seeds I'm keeping for when I move to a bigger place to have indoor grow lol can control them a bit more. 

2 people like this

I meant topped them lmao 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Wappasmokes said:

I meant topped them lmao 

Nice! 

Yeah tbh I’ve turned into a bit of a dictator in the garden and making sure little hands with big watering cans stay the hell away from my plants haha! 

2 people like this

Been a bit miserable for pics

Hey, sorry for not posting pics as much recently. Been spending the last week or so trying to not be on screens as much.

Plants are all looking good, I’ve repotted some of the photo’s and have even ventured into the realms of cuttings territory! 

When the weather picks picks up I’ll get some decent pics and share a proper update with you all :) 

how’s it going for everyone else?

2 people like this

1 hour ago, GrowingViking said:

Nice! 

Yeah tbh I’ve turned into a bit of a dictator in the garden and making sure little hands with big watering cans stay the hell away from my plants haha! 

That's why I built the green house lol. And put chicken wire around the bottom but saying that they generally stay away unless I'm teaching them a little bit. With the watering I just use 1.5l bottles easier to mix the nutrients and water. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, GrowingViking said:

Been a bit miserable for pics

Hey, sorry for not posting pics as much recently. Been spending the last week or so trying to not be on screens as much.

Plants are all looking good, I’ve repotted some of the photo’s and have even ventured into the realms of cuttings territory! 

When the weather picks picks up I’ll get some decent pics and share a proper update with you all :) 

how’s it going for everyone else?

This be cool weather been same here. 

All good on this front hope you are the same bud?  I'm gonna stick with the 2 updates mon/fri as they seem to get a kick when I feed on the Friday. 

1 person likes this

Mega update!

Lets start with the LemXFreeze. I have moved 4 of them into their final pots using a mix of worm castings, eco thrive life cycle, multipurpose, and biobizz all mix. It’s a full on hodgepodge of nutrients so interested to see how they turn out. Here they are:

large.13A89716-84CF-4B36-864A-13E5C1581193.jpeg

I took a couple of cuttings from one or two of these too and have them in a prop on the window ledge, fingers crossed it works. 

the orange pot in the front is the one that snapped early days but has since bounced back:

large.0CC31E5E-BEB1-4FB9-9599-17C4B5734505.jpeg
thar she blows! You can see all the damage on the lower end.

Up next we have the remainder of the RGS seeds LemXFre, these two took a tumblr in the garden so I’m letting them recoup until I get some more soil to repot them.

large.C8C84ACD-5FD7-4F34-B7FD-3B2E8FF4F15B.jpeg

Next up is all of my flowering autos. 

The forgotten Cookies and second 3 bears OG are short but coming along nicely now. Super hairy. 

large.D007533B-D60C-4A13-95FB-266872AFF9D0.jpeglarge.5275D290-17FC-46A9-A73B-7A723A2564B1.jpeglarge.D1E9990F-D376-4A69-B3EF-50C0FF639E36.jpeg

Then finally my other 3 bears OG

large.D02BDB3A-E67A-4930-BFC8-5E699E75B8A4.jpeglarge.2021967C-5646-443E-A85F-E20D124D06FF.jpeg

large.5E006A7F-2D60-4024-B7F3-4A3A1DAF61A5.png

My Gorilla Auto is flowering but it has the tiniest of buds and I’d honestly forgotten about it to take a photo! 

hope you enjoy the pics finally. I’m happy with how everything is going so far. 

5 people like this

8 hours ago, GrowingViking said:

Mega update!

Lets start with the LemXFreeze. I have moved 4 of them into their final pots using a mix of worm castings, eco thrive life cycle, multipurpose, and biobizz all mix. It’s a full on hodgepodge of nutrients so interested to see how they turn out. Here they are:

large.13A89716-84CF-4B36-864A-13E5C1581193.jpeg

I took a couple of cuttings from one or two of these too and have them in a prop on the window ledge, fingers crossed it works. 

the orange pot in the front is the one that snapped early days but has since bounced back:

large.0CC31E5E-BEB1-4FB9-9599-17C4B5734505.jpeg
thar she blows! You can see all the damage on the lower end.

Up next we have the remainder of the RGS seeds LemXFre, these two took a tumblr in the garden so I’m letting them recoup until I get some more soil to repot them.

large.C8C84ACD-5FD7-4F34-B7FD-3B2E8FF4F15B.jpeg

Next up is all of my flowering autos. 

The forgotten Cookies and second 3 bears OG are short but coming along nicely now. Super hairy. 

large.D007533B-D60C-4A13-95FB-266872AFF9D0.jpeglarge.5275D290-17FC-46A9-A73B-7A723A2564B1.jpeglarge.D1E9990F-D376-4A69-B3EF-50C0FF639E36.jpeg

Then finally my other 3 bears OG

large.D02BDB3A-E67A-4930-BFC8-5E699E75B8A4.jpeglarge.2021967C-5646-443E-A85F-E20D124D06FF.jpeg

large.5E006A7F-2D60-4024-B7F3-4A3A1DAF61A5.png

My Gorilla Auto is flowering but it has the tiniest of buds and I’d honestly forgotten about it to take a photo! 

hope you enjoy the pics finally. I’m happy with how everything is going so far. 

All looking mighty fine bud. And the best thing is of your happy they're happy lol. I done my update about 3 hrs ago I just can't get over how tall this Pandora is I've got going. Always thought autos are meant to be small in statue but proves me wrong lol. 

Hope l is good your end and have a blessed rest your day bud. 

1 person likes this