Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowingViking

Growingviking returns! 2020 Let’s Grow!

125 posts in this topic
17 hours ago, Billynobuds said:

Looking great there Viking. Got a full week of sun forecast too, so hopefully this will be a good year for DIY weed if nowt else. Interested about the worm casting as I’ve never used them. Keen to see if you get an obvious difference with it.

Yeah I’m looking forward to seeing any difference in growth against the ones that don’t get it. 

I’m also torn as to whether or not to dig two holes in the garden for the plants, one for auto and one photo. 

14 hours ago, AutoAberdeen said:

The wind and cold here seemed to have a detrimental effect on mine but hopefully on the road to recovery now it’s warmed up (I didn’t run the heater during the day when it was cold and overwatered a bit causing my Girl Scout Cookie auto to get into bad shape). 

A full week of warm sunny days ahead though so hopefully it’s good for everyone who’s growing outdoors!

Fingers crossed for you mate! Been lucky with the sun here so far. 

Have an Auto AK seed germinating to plant in case the GSC doesn’t do well. My auto amnesia is going great though, a load of new growth overnight. 

2 people like this

I prefer the garden autos in pots as they can be moved around, just in case there’s a lot of damp about when buds get bigger. Might be a winner if in a sunny spot tho. I’m trying a small 12v fan on the late stage ladies in that plastic greenhouse I’m experimenting with, trying to keep them dryer. Have you had a go with fans in yours?

2 people like this

On 26/05/2020 at 4:36 PM, Billynobuds said:

I prefer the garden autos in pots as they can be moved around, just in case there’s a lot of damp about when buds get bigger. Might be a winner if in a sunny spot tho. I’m trying a small 12v fan on the late stage ladies in that plastic greenhouse I’m experimenting with, trying to keep them dryer. Have you had a go with fans in yours?

No mate I haven’t. It’s been really hot and windy here lately so have not yet really had to to be honest. 

Gene wars - battle for supremacy.

So I thought that this time round I’d invest in what I believe to be good quality seeds (for my type of grow at least) and so far the RGS seeds are really flying along. 

The auto’s (Mephisto seeds x 3 and 1 urban legends seed) are a few days behind them in all fairness but the RGS seeds are really kicking ass. 

Here are the autos

large.11697D02-6997-4FBE-80A5-39A57741274E.jpeg

Apart from the top left (3 bears I think) the other three have always seemed a bit dreary.

Here’s all but one (got hammered by wind and is recovering in greenhouse) of the Real Gorilla Seeds - Lemonade OG X Freezeland 

large.4533C91C-036C-4DA3-A5D5-36C0C1C19FC4.jpeg

taller, happier, more uniform. 

Edited by GrowingViking
3 people like this

Wind was a fucker the past few days mine are thick stemmed now here is them.yesterday large.IMG_20200527_140553.jpgautos are temperamental ones at the plot are nothing like these first year running them

6 people like this

On 29/05/2020 at 9:52 PM, Ccs141 said:

Wind was a fucker the past few days mine are thick stemmed now here is them.yesterday large.IMG_20200527_140553.jpgautos are temperamental ones at the plot are nothing like these first year running them

They’re looking well stocky mate nice one. Mine are still a bit shrimpish. Managed to finally get hold of some cheap compost yesterday though so a couple of these ones are going in the ground before too long. I’m just nervous about using the biobizz all mix I have left as the plants are still so young. I think I might save it for when I re-pot the rest of them and just use compo, worm castings, and the ecothrive for the holes in the ground.

1 person likes this

Then the rain came...

How’s everyone doing? It’s been absolutely roasting here lately. 

One thing I picked up from my last grow was the dangers of overwatering. I’ve been trying to be really strict with myself and only watering when I think it’s absolutely necessary. 

When I transplanted the plants I have them a thorough soaking and made sure the mix wasn’t too dry also. Since then it’s been tiny drinks every couple of days when they feel like they need it (pop a finger in and check). 

Anyway, the sun has been cooking the soil and I’ve only recently given them another massive drink each. They’ve responded well to this and have really shot up since last week. One of the autos has also started showing the first little lady bits.

Anyway, I’ve tried to stagger my watering in accordance with the weather and today/tomorrow is supposed to piss down so that’s a couple of pennies Anglian Water don’t get at least :wanker:

Heres some photo’s:

large.F2772F1F-E2B0-4378-A2D4-C798C58E4E59.jpeglarge.EE8D7D2F-45AC-4F68-A006-4C05AE6F80D0.jpeglarge.75B6F39B-6A86-459F-AB30-B7622DD0BF9D.jpeg

how is everyone else getting on? 

6 people like this

My auto Amnesia is going great, preflowering has started in multiple sites. The Girl Scout cookies looks like it’s stunted though but still growing so just gonna let it run it’s course and see what it yields. 

Sweet Skunk auto has popped and been potted this afternoon. Used a bigger pot than the other two so fingers crossed it works out. 

1 person likes this

They’re looking very healthy Viking, are those 7 litre pots? I’ve got 4 bubblegum autos in 5 litre pots about a week behind you and have seen them bulge in all directions with this great weather. They are as tall now as the two I have in full flower with only a few weeks left on them. The growth is what I imagine you see in a grow tent. Let’s hope the damp weather that’s due doesn’t last too long. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, AutoAberdeen said:

My auto Amnesia is going great, preflowering has started in multiple sites. The Girl Scout cookies looks like it’s stunted though but still growing so just gonna let it run it’s course and see what it yields. 

Sweet Skunk auto has popped and been potted this afternoon. Used a bigger pot than the other two so fingers crossed it works out. 

Sounds killer mate. Hopefully the big pot does you some yieldage. I bought some pots you could plant an elephant in from B+M some years ago and had mixed results. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Billynobuds said:

They’re looking very healthy Viking, are those 7 litre pots? I’ve got 4 bubblegum autos in 5 litre pots about a week behind you and have seen them bulge in all directions with this great weather. They are as tall now as the two I have in full flower with only a few weeks left on them. The growth is what I imagine you see in a grow tent. Let’s hope the damp weather that’s due doesn’t last too long. 

I’m not sure what size they are tbh mate! The Mrs bought them and they’ve kind of stumped me really. I’ve got plenty of time to transplant again before the photo’s start to flower but I’m concerned about it affecting their growth, two transfers and that. I know flowering is all to do with light so could always just bang them in the shed when I need to. Either way I’m not stressing it, will see how they go! 

Hope you can keep the rain off ‘em. Bubblegum auto sounds well nice. 

2 hours ago, GrowingViking said:

Sounds killer mate. Hopefully the big pot does you some yieldage. I bought some pots you could plant an elephant in from B+M some years ago and had mixed results. 

My current plants are in 10 litre pots so going up to 15. Looks a lot bigger side by side! Need to get more space generated in the greenhouse but at least I’ve got my chilli, pepper, tomato and cucumbers for camouflage from nosy neighbours! 

Yours is looking sweet! A mate of mine has done his first every grow on windowsills and has some lovely looking buds almost ready to harvest, the lucky git!

1 person likes this

Automatic bushcraft

Hey everyone

Growth is coming along nicely. The auto’s Are shooting up little white furries now which is cool. 

not so cool though, I dropped the Gorilla Auto the other day and have had to repot it into a much larger pot. Thankfully the plant is fine and I used it as an opportunity to dick about with the worm castings I bought. I made up a mix of multipurpose and loads of castings and I’m hoping that the bulk that was left on the plant will be enough of everything else from the previous mix to help kick things off nicely before rooting into the new mix. Definitely a bit of a Frankenstein though but hey it’s all part of it!

Question to you all, does anyone else LST photo plants? While I’m definitely shooting for a couple of tall plants I would prefer more bushes than tree’s to tend to.

I tied down 3 of the auto’s this morning and have been wondering whether or not to do a couple of the RGS LemonxFreeze or not. What do you reckon? 

(No photo’s this update sorry) 

:oldtoker: