Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowingViking

Growingviking returns! 2020 Let’s Grow!

125 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Ccs141 said:

Yeah been windy here mine are out and fine large.IMG_20200513_123121.jpgthis was the good one today ones gone a bit mutant on me

Looks healthy mate :yep:

3 people like this

Wanna see the other it's a mutant large.IMG_20200513_123108.jpgsorry for spamming the thread does anyone know what's wrong with this 

3 people like this

I am dumb.

Put them out today thinking it wouldn’t be too windy. I was wrong.

brought them in swiftly for some windowsill recovery! 

On the plus side, germed another two of the lemonade og x freezeland’s so shall be potting them up today. 

large.697A90BD-6B22-4051-8965-D6DE93669132.png

7 people like this

On 5/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, Ccs141 said:

Wanna see the other it's a mutant large.IMG_20200513_123108.jpgsorry for spamming the thread does anyone know what's wrong with this 

Are you noticing green or black-fly on or under the leaves? Im getting crinkly leave with mine too but i think it's the greenfly (almost certain) as they suck the sap from the veins, i think the leaf crimps where they suck out a part of the main leaf blade vein under the leaflet. Watch closely throughout the day for green/black-fly. The other ting is its the cold, but not all plants are affected so doubt its the cold.
If you have green/black-fly then just squash them with fingers or spray them with a water/washing up liquid solution IF you have too many.
Just a possibility as to what it could be, from my observations with mine.
Jah Bless :bong:

Edited by SubSpecies
1 person likes this

Yeah keep finding little black ones under leaves thanks for the advice @SubSpecieshave been squashing them have the other ones fine with us right next to it so might move them apart big help man thank You :skin_up:

1 person likes this

Respect :cheers:

2 people like this

These girls got legs

They’re really stretching now so going to transplant into some slightly larger pots today. Definitely doing this earlier than I’d like but while the weather is nice I’d like to make the most of it. Took them out and instantly brought them back in. 

Next update will feature the greenhouse build and repotting. 

I am picking up 2 massive bags of multipurpose today, going to grab a bag of perlite too providing I can find one. 

Quick question; worm castings, can these be top dressed? I have ordered a big bag of them and don’t know whether or not to wait on the potting on so that I can do a proper mix. Thoughts?

Here’s the bendy bitches:

large.309D2D12-C640-4803-AFD1-89327A59E8DA.jpeg

1 person likes this

Potted the pot

So after deliberating on what to do today, I went out and picked up 240l of multipurpose compost and dug out my old pots (I have shit loads, much like everyone else I’m sure!) and got to work.

I had a few pieces to enhance the soil so here goes:

Multipurpose compo

Coco coir w vermiculite in it 

fat box of cheap bonemeal

Ecothrive life cycle

So I set to work mixing this all up. I only had 1 15l brick of coco to use so I managed to spread it fairly evenly around all 12 pots, same for the bonemeal.

The ecothrive I just topdressed (apart from one or two where I gave a cheeky boost into the main mix) and then watered in slightly. 

The plants chucked in were given a massive water before hand so going to give it another couple of days before adding anymore water to the mix.

It is rooooaaasting today, hope everyone is making the most of it. Glad to be able to leave the girls in the sun without them flopping everywhere! 

How’s everyone else getting on? 

TLDR?:

large.C59AC837-EE53-4937-9383-5D1D180B4EC3.jpeg

4 people like this

Not had decent sun here for a few days but I’ve been running a heater in the greenhouse to keep the temp up. It’s got a thermostat so ideal for out there. 

Both autos, Amnesia on the left and Girl Scout Cookies on the right. The amnesia broke ground 3 days before the GSC and has made rapid progress but the other is lagging behind a bit. 

large.98AAEB55-8FC3-4195-B7B9-24FBDEDB23E7.jpeg

4 people like this

I gotta say 

Repotting did the trick. They’re all out looking healthy as ever this morning. Well pleased. Worm castings arriving tomorrow. I’ll be digging a big old hole for one of those to go in and warming up the ground nicely before it does. Can’t wait. 

2 hours ago, GrowingViking said:

I gotta say 

Repotting did the trick. They’re all out looking healthy as ever this morning. Well pleased. Worm castings arriving tomorrow. I’ll be digging a big old hole for one of those to go in and warming up the ground nicely before it does. Can’t wait. 

large.3189EB8D-97AA-4E02-B3D4-CB736E5FF0A5.jpeg

5 people like this

So 6 days of wind later

I have been keeping these in the little greenhouse I have put up since, the only draw back is it doesn’t get as much sun as I’d like due to where the house is.

That being said it’s been a godsend and right on time to protect these plants from the heavy winds we’ve been having here. One of them took a real battering and I’m currently trying to recover it solely in the GH.

On a day like today though I made sure to get everything out to soak up that lovely hot sun and for six days growth I don’t think we’re doing too badly. 

How is everyone else getting on? 

large.F3950ADF-9660-4868-843F-1276C5655600.jpeg

Edited by GrowingViking
3 people like this

51 minutes ago, GrowingViking said:

So 6 days of wind later

I have been keeping these in the little greenhouse I have put up since, the only draw back is it doesn’t get as much sun as I’d like due to where the house is.

That being said it’s been a godsend and right on time to protect these plants from the heavy winds we’ve been having here. One of them took a real battering and I’m currently trying to recover it solely in the GH.

On a day like today though I made sure to get everything out to soak up that lovely hot sun and for six days growth I don’t think we’re doing too badly. 

How is everyone else getting on? 

large.F3950ADF-9660-4868-843F-1276C5655600.jpeg

3 people like this

Looking great there Viking. Got a full week of sun forecast too, so hopefully this will be a good year for DIY weed if nowt else. Interested about the worm casting as I’ve never used them. Keen to see if you get an obvious difference with it.

2 people like this

The wind and cold here seemed to have a detrimental effect on mine but hopefully on the road to recovery now it’s warmed up (I didn’t run the heater during the day when it was cold and overwatered a bit causing my Girl Scout Cookie auto to get into bad shape). 

A full week of warm sunny days ahead though so hopefully it’s good for everyone who’s growing outdoors!

2 people like this