Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigstevo

Which soil and nutrients?

Hello, it’s been a while since I’ve grown. Previously I had success with a coco run to waste system system using canna nutes according to their schedule.

i want to start a little 1.2 x 1.2 tent with 4 pots ( im thinking 18l) but I’m not up to speed on which soils and nutes to use. Looking at some of the hydro shops they sell several additives and nutrients for their soils with a feeding schedule that looks like they feed with every water. Although reading this site there seems to be people using a soil with just one food and that’s it.

Here are my questions:-

1. Which soil is good?

2. Do I need a full nutrient schedule as per canna brand grow guides

3. Should I be feeding on every water

4. is a case of just water every few days?

thanks 

1 person likes this

On 25/04/2020 at 5:39 PM, bigstevo said:

Hello, it’s been a while since I’ve grown. Previously I had success with a coco run to waste system system using canna nutes according to their schedule.

i want to start a little 1.2 x 1.2 tent with 4 pots ( im thinking 18l) but I’m not up to speed on which soils and nutes to use. Looking at some of the hydro shops they sell several additives and nutrients for their soils with a feeding schedule that looks like they feed with every water. Although reading this site there seems to be people using a soil with just one food and that’s it.

Here are my questions:-

1. Which soil is good?

2. Do I need a full nutrient schedule as per canna brand grow guides

3. Should I be feeding on every water

4. is a case of just water every few days?

thanks 

Hi mate, have a look at the clover mpc thread just above or below this one.

regarding nutes, I gro in soil and use biobizz grow, fishmix, bloom and an organic liquid seaweed.

I do use feed every watering, but most decent soil has enough nutes to last a week or two after potting up.

Edited by Subutai
2 people like this

Bio bizz soil is decent! I personally used the light mix for a few weeks then transplanted into the all mix..... 

Start off in a small polystyrene cup for a few weeks then go into the all mix as that's quite high in nutrients and you can't start off in it otherwise it will burn the plants.

The all mix is good for over a month... Then start using the fish mix or bloom feed depending on when you want to flip.

Remember bugs and root rot are public enemy No1 so I'd recommend an enzyme product to break down dead root mass... And keep a watchful eye on potential bugs... Best to keep us updated.

1 person likes this

Oh also yes you can feed every watering... Don't over do it!! Best to under feed in soil as it contains and holds nutrients!! 

Avoid yellow tips, nutrient burn is an indication to back off a bit as things can take a turn for the worse... If you see yellow tips you must flush straight away with a weaker nutrient feed!!! Use that as an indication.

Less is more!

God speed.

2 people like this