Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrHash

My very first grow outdoor auto ( diary )

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey there guys, looking maybe for some tips and tricks outdoor auto plants. I’m based southwest so weather is quite good at the moment I have got 3 white skunk seeds ready to go. Got some BioBizz all mix soil and some fabric 10L smart pots. 

wanted to ask on the purchase it says is cool / cold temperate strain what sort of weather does it need and will rain water be better then normal ? Any tips in advance be much appreciated. 

il keep this posted soon as I plant it in soil be in couple of days.   

Edited by MrHash
3 people like this

Tbh mate it's my first year and running an auto outdoors best way to.get a good strain is too look through here I here white widow xxl is a good one in running short hazey days looks Bang on in the photos of it are the 3 white skunk autos.or photos mate @MrHash

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Ccs141 said:

Tbh mate it's my first year and running an auto outdoors best way to.get a good strain is too look through here I here white widow xxl is a good one in running short hazey days looks Bang on in the photos of it are the 3 white skunk autos.or photos mate @MrHash

Yeah my one will have good light most day since early morning till late ish afternoon I just got the sort of ( starter pack noob

seeds ) white skunk had good review for beginners like me.

wish you all the best with yours hope you get plenty thanks for taking time.

1 person likes this

Good man hope it runs well for you try and get some photos.up.as soon as you got it.above soil man wanna see how it runs myself 

2 minutes ago, Ccs141 said:

Good man hope it runs well for you try and get some photos.up.as soon as you got it.above soil man wanna see how it runs myself 

I will start germinate next week with the paper towel method think is best covered with plate most people recommended, so from there il be recording its stages and keep this posted. 

Still deciding if to start at home or put straight outside il be using final pot only.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Problem best to start at home till it past just being sprouted but many people are starting out side in tubs can't remember who like all the best anyway mate :skin_up:

Edited by Ccs141
1 person likes this

thanks again bro and good luck to you also.

Posted (edited)

I personally normally only grow 1 plant indoors and maybe 2 outdoors in the summer and I normally start them in a cup of water for 24/48 hours then transfer to a paper towel onto a small pot then final pot. 

You should give the white widow xxl a go, it's a hard plant IMO, currently got 4 weeks till chop day ish and it's been a joy to grow to be honest, also moby dick. 

I have some pics of it on my gallery if interested or I could paste a link but I don't want to take over your thread. 

Also don't feel compelled to feed the plant too soon! 

Edited by Necrofias

Thank you very much for the tips, indoors do you use tent set up I never hear really people but growing on the window ? My method I found with most videos I seen was 

1) paper towel till it germinates few inches

2) plant in final pot which I’m using the 10l fabric smart pot and post away photos I don’t mind buddy much appreciate the advice.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, MrHash said:

Thank you very much for the tips, indoors do you use tent set up I never hear really people but growing on the window ? My method I found with most videos I seen was 

1) paper towel till it germinates few inches 

2) plant in final pot which I’m using the 10l fabric smart pot and post away photos I don’t mind buddy much appreciate the advice.

1) That works to, but I like to soak them prior to that.

2) I repot it once or twice before the final one. I've switched to fabric pots and coco + perlite and got good results with a & b etc.

Also no I just grow 1 plant so it's in a cupboard lol, but it's fine for me.

What she looks like atm mate, but definitely do it it's quite simple they don't need as much as many people might tell you they do. Just read the plants, I find the best way to do it. 

Just my opinion and im not an expert at all and it's my first time growing in coco. Was doing plastic pots and soil prior and got good results to but I prefer this as I can tailor it more precisely. 

large.20200424_130036.jpg.66a2ce1992e30c

What she looks like atm mate, but definitely do it it's quite simple they don't need as much as many people might tell you they do. Just read the plants, I find the best way to do it. 

Just my opinion and im not an expert at all.

Edited by Necrofias
1 person likes this

That’s a beauty that and I’ll try the water soak also and then towel then. 

doing a good job there looks healthy and pretty big I should have 3 seeds think I mite have a freebie also don’t wanna do too many as first time 1/2 see how they getting on. 

thanks for the ups though brother much appreciated keep me posted on that beauty. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you are planting straight out its worth bearing in mind a slug can wipe out a young plant overnight. Some copper tape 3/4 way up the pot should deter them. They really are little shits for eating stuff. They like to eat clean through the base of young seedlings. 

Edited to add, good luck with the grow! Autos are a great choice for a stealthy outdoor crop

Edited by Lazy Dayz
*wake n bake, sorry
1 person likes this

I would suggest if you do any re-potting be really careful to make sure you don't disturb the root ball at all when you do it. The other thing is make sure you don't over water seedlings especially if you go straight into the final pot. Seedlings hate sitting in saturated soil. Also to be quite honest I have never found any difference between rain water or water from the tap but, if using tap water for seedlings, I do let it stand for a while to  get rid of any chlorine. Once they are established I don't bother. 

Anyway good luck with the grow. I have found autos best for the garden stealth grow as you can grow other things to help hide them. I have had photo periods growing in the ground that I have topped ruthlessly but still end up taller than the garden fence. 

2 people like this

@Stuart96 thanks for the reply and advice brother, I will germinate first between 2 plates on paper towel. My soil says to soak 36 hours before seed to activate all the nutrients.

@Lazy Days damn i didnt think about the slugs thank you how about a plastic bottle to cover the young plant will it not have enough oxygen to breath? maybe drill few holes inside it for breeze. or is at home for first week or two good as well? 

I appreciate everyone helping me out great cumminity.  Happy growing everyone.

20 minutes ago, MrHash said:

@Stuart96 thanks for the reply and advice brother, I will germinate first between 2 plates on paper towel. My soil says to soak 36 hours before seed to activate all the nutrients.

@Lazy Days damn i didnt think about the slugs thank you how about a plastic bottle to cover the young plant will it not have enough oxygen to breath? maybe drill few holes inside it for breeze. or is at home for first week or two good as well? 

I appreciate everyone helping me out great cumminity.  Happy growing everyone.

Personally If I'm to grow it outdoors I grow them inside for the first 3/4 weeks and slowly introduce it outdoors but that's just me.

Do a log and keep us posted 

2 people like this