Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bagseedbro

got 3 feminized auto flowering seeds, what would be the best method

about to start my first grow! just put a bag seed in some soil and it sprouted so thought id have a go at growing some plants properly. I bought 3 feminized autoflowering diesel kush seeds which sounded like a easy grower, and got two free auto OG blueberry seeds, but wandering what the best balance equipment to yield would be? I dont necessarily want to grow all 5 at first, maybe just 2 or 3, and don't mind not getting the biggest yields but yeh would love to be able to get at least a decent yield. I dont mind spending a bit, but dont want to want to spend loads.

i do have a south east facing kitchen with big glass sliding doors which probably get about 5 or 6 hours direct sunlight everyday, but i also have a loft/cupboard under the stairs and would be willing to set up something basic if that amount of natural lights not gunna cut it. Also id rather not be using huge amounts of electricity which is why ideally any light set up would be minimal.

any advice hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance

2 people like this

Hopefully if u get enough sun you could run them of the sun if not I'm sure u can get a led and tent quite cheap loads of places to look 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Ccs141 said:

Hopefully if u get enough sun you could run them of the sun if not I'm sure u can get a led and tent quite cheap loads of places to look 

Thanks for the reply! yeh i mean the bag seed i planted is thriving in its mid/late seedling stage from being just in there (not sure what im gunna do for vegetative stage), but from what i read as long as the autoflowerers get a decent few hours chunk theyre pretty likely to grow and flower nicely?

what sort of wattage/light would i need for 2/3 plants? is the tent for warmth? sorry totally new to this haha!

Tent is to control the environment assume light gives most of the heat of tent just stables the conditions needs intake fans quite a bit but can most of it it a package of pick it up quite cheap on some sites in not really best person ask tbh but the autos could be done outside I've gpt.two.in the back garden on the go now short hazy days looks nice on pics tbf aswell

1 person likes this

Welcome @Bagseedbro

Have you looked at any dairies for auto's?

I here they can be funny, if everything isn't just right.

Have you thought about outside?

Keep on smiling,

BB

Edited by Bud Buddy

1 hour ago, Ccs141 said:

Tent is to control the environment assume light gives most of the heat of tent just stables the conditions needs intake fans quite a bit but can most of it it a package of pick it up quite cheap on some sites in not really best person ask tbh but the autos could be done outside I've gpt.two.in the back garden on the go now short hazy days looks nice on pics tbf aswell

ah got it, well ideally if i were going inside id be running something very small scale, and tent/lights/fan i guess starts to mount up cost/energy wise. i might give 2 or 3 a go just using my dining room as a sun room, as mentioned its got a big glass sliding door, south east facing and about 6 hours of solid direct sunlight in the room (longer in the garden itself but its small. no room for a greenhouse or anything to protect from the elements.) reckon that amount of sun through glass a day will see an auto through?

32 minutes ago, Bud Buddy said:

Welcome @Bagseedbro

Have you looked at any dairies for auto's?

I here they can be funny, if everything isn't just right.

Have you thought about outside?

Keep on smiling,

BB

and thats a good suggestion, will have a browse of some diarys now! and im in a terraced house with quite a small garden, so as mentioned above not got tons of room so thinking behind my glass doors in my south east facing dining room could be an option to try a couple while its spring/summer and save some seeds for a inside grow if that doesnt work out. but going on pretty much 0 knowledge, just reading bits and bobs on the internet.

Unless you're growing in a tent or sealed environment with a suitable extractor fan and carbon filter, your house (and your neigbours property) is going to stink of weed.  Sounds like you're really close to people around you too.

Autos will flower with 6 hours of direct sunlight but we generally try to give them at least 18 hours of light a day if grown indoors.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

Unless you're growing in a tent or sealed environment with a suitable extractor fan and carbon filter, your house (and your neigbours property) is going to stink of weed.  Sounds like you're really close to people around you too.

Autos will flower with 6 hours of direct sunlight but we generally try to give them at least 18 hours of light a day if grown indoors.

yeh i mean neighbours either side luckily both fine and i know them, theyre both very chill, but  while theyd never say or do anything i would prefer not to make their house stink as a common courtesy maybe! im assuming once flowering comes its pretty pungent throught the whole house? if i was gunna set up a tent/light/fan capable of growing 2 autos at a time how much do you think it'd set me back?

About £200 Would prob cover it  .. I needed it to be as cheap as poss most expensive was the light . So spent what I'd grab in doob on payday on kit ... Cant get anywhere on lockdown so if I don't do it meself I go without ! Plus same boat with others around needs to be not smelt .

Edited by Badgercat
Spelling :/ its terrible !
1 person likes this

To get you started:

• small grow tent 60 x 60
  • 250W HPS grow light (Avoid cheap LEDs)
  • 4 inch extractor fan
  • 4 inch carbon filter
  • 4 inch ducting (acoustic if noise is an issue but probably not necessary with a low-powered fan)
  • small circulating fan (oscillating is best)
  • A few 4 inch duct clips
  • 2 small pots (probably 6-8L)
  • Timer plug for light

Bear in mind that you need to direct your extracted air away from the grow space (preferably outside).  An open window will suffice but be careful not to let the roots get cold (above 20C).  To this end it's possible to run your light 24 hrs per day if necessary which will help with night temps.

You could probably get started with a good enough set-up for around £200 but you'll end up spending a lot more as you get into this hobby...:rofl:

Good luck bud and welcome to the best past-time ever...:)

4 people like this