Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bagseedbro

Total Newbie, any advice appreciated

35 posts in this topic

Hi,

there probably is the info somewhere, but couldnt find it but just got a couple questions regarding my first grow!

i basically just found a few bagseeds, from a while ago planted 3, and 1 has actually come along really nicely! just transfeered into a bigger pot as it outgrew the first! 

First question is, my garden is south east facing and gets probably a solid 6 hours of direct sunlight a day, from behind some sliding glass doors, which is definitely doing the job for now.

my main question is, am i headed for trouble once in the vegetative stage? ive read they requite a lot more light, some people leaving them on 24 hours of artificial light. I have a super bright LED bulb to stick in the cupboard in case, its basically 16W (equivalent to 140W halogen, 1600 lumens) it also says day light 6000k on the box (not sure what that means), is this going to help? will this be any good for flowering as well or am i best just moving it to my glass doors for the day then sticking in the cupboard. also would moving it out of a cupboard, everyday the fact its 1 cool LED negate the need for a fan?

also bought 5 real deal feminized auto flowering seeds, will they be almost as simple as letting the them chill by my glass doors?

Thanks and sorry if all this info is out there somewhere this just seemed simple.

heres a few photos of the plant and the spaces i have to grow (just waiting for the beer to finish brewing in the bigger cupboard then gunna obviously clear it out) just for a reference.

Anyway if anyone does have any reassuring words or advice to improve my success, it'd be much appreciated! Im just looking to get some nice smokeable bud without spending a fortune on kit

Thanks in advance and hope everyones having a chilled, healthy time!large.IMG_5724.JPGlarge.IMG_5728.jpeglarge.IMG_5729.JPGlarge.IMG_5726.JPGlarge.IMG_5725.JPG

2 people like this

Hey mate, gl with the grow!

I'm pretty new myself, however, I hate to be that guy. but that light won't grow that plant. I think you need roughly 10,000 lumens for a single plant. You'd need 10 of those bulbs just to make it work mate. Honestly investing some pennies into a good setup would far outweigh the effort you'd be spending with no lights or a single bulb. Rember you can get cheaper lighting options but the more light, the better yield (given everything else is fine) :) 

3 people like this

Yeah you need to rethink it all really . No chance of growing outside in a greenhouse then ?

2 people like this

@MedicalMike420 is right.

That bulb won’t do anything really.

You would need at least 10 times that wattage of LED to get decent results.

Your environment is also just as important. The environment must be correct. Temps between 20-28c in day and not too much cooler at night. Lots of other factors too.

All the best and good luck.:skin_up:

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, MedicalMike420 said:

Hey mate, gl with the grow!

I'm pretty new myself, however, I hate to be that guy. but that light won't grow that plant. I think you need roughly 10,000 lumens for a single plant. You'd need 10 of those bulbs just to make it work mate. Honestly investing some pennies into a good setup would far outweigh the effort you'd be spending with no lights or a single bulb. Rember you can get cheaper lighting options but the more light, the better yield (given everything else is fine) :) 

thanks for the reply man, yeh fair enough i mean as i said right now my kitchen has sliding glass doors that get a lot of sun, and even take it out doors in the sun when its no longer hitting the room, but yeh not sure thatll be enough soon if ive understood vegetative stage properly?

yeh i mean im tempted to buy some proper lights just wanted to see where people thought improvising with what i got would do. thanks for the advice though!

45 minutes ago, Degsy said:

Yeah you need to rethink it all really . No chance of growing outside in a greenhouse then ?

as mentioned i got a south east facing room with huge double glass doors that get a lot of direct sunlight, will this be enough for vegetative stage though? as i just mentioned also been taking it outside once the sun stops hitting the room in a shelter alcove where its not windy etc. but think it will be a little large for the garden soon (hopefully)

46 minutes ago, PurpleCookieDog said:

@MedicalMike420 is right.

That bulb won’t do anything really.

You would need at least 10 times that wattage of LED to get decent results.

Your environment is also just as important. The environment must be correct. Temps between 20-28c in day and not too much cooler at night. Lots of other factors too.

All the best and good luck.:skin_up:

would the environment of glass sliding doors with plenty of sunlight be better? very warm in the day and doesnt drop too drastically...would that be ideal? just not sure if itll get enough sun for vegetative stage? ive read so much stuff and some conflicting things.

12 minutes ago, Bagseedbro said:

would the environment of glass sliding doors with plenty of sunlight be better? very warm in the day and doesnt drop too drastically...would that be ideal? just not sure if itll get enough sun for vegetative stage? ive read so much stuff and some conflicting things.

Depends, I'd ultimately say no... or at least expect very small yields?? Depends on what facing that door is and if it gets enough sunlight through the day really. Remember they will smell once they hit flower to... depending on the strain that smell is going to leak from your house, then lets hope you're pally with neighbours or you're in trouble lol 

I tried to grow as cheaply as possible, was working ok but I ended up with springtail in the medium (was from outside). Destroyed the plant and threw away the soil. I bought a tent, a £150 LED QB light and about to chop. 

In all honesty, I'd keep it by the door. Just don't have high, if any, expectations buddy :)

9 minutes ago, MedicalMike420 said:

Depends, I'd ultimately say no... or at least expect very small yields?? Depends on what facing that door is and if it gets enough sunlight through the day really. Remember they will smell once they hit flower to... depending on the strain that smell is going to leak from your house, then lets hope you're pally with neighbours or you're in trouble lol 

I tried to grow as cheaply as possible, was working ok but I ended up with springtail in the medium (was from outside). Destroyed the plant and threw away the soil. I bought a tent, a £150 LED QB light and about to chop. 

In all honesty, I'd keep it by the door. Just don't have high, if any, expectations buddy :)

yeh ok nice i mean this plant i started with low expectations, its a roughly 2 year old bag seed, im amazed it did anything hence being very underprepared!

i mean my neighbours are super chill, not worried about either of them at all, and depending what you would call "very small yields" id probably be ok with as i just essentially planted it on a whim. sliding doors are south east facing and probably get 6/7 hours of direct sunlight a day? and just put it outside, when theres still sun in the garden but none in the room, at this stage before its too conspicuous.

my other question is since doing this i just bought some feminized autoflowering seeds. would like to do it just by sun but willing to chuck a bit of cash at it if its pointless otherwise, but dont want to go mental. is that tent/1 massive £150ish light sort of considered the bare minimum you need to get a decent yield?

thanks for this help btw bro!

Edited by Bagseedbro
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Bagseedbro said:

yeh ok nice i mean this plant i started with low expectations, its a roughly 2 year old bag seed, im amazed it did anything hence being very underprepared!

i mean my neighbours are super chill, not worried about either of them at all, and depending what you would call "very small yields" id probably be ok with as i just essentially planted it on a whim. sliding doors are south east facing and probably get 6/7 hours of direct sunlight a day? and just put it outside, when theres still sun in the garden but none in the room, at this stage before its too conspicuous.

my other question is since doing this i just bought some feminized autoflowering seeds. would like to do it just by sun but willing to chuck a bit of cash at it if its pointless otherwise, but dont want to go mental. is that tent/1 massive £150ish light sort of considered the bare minimum you need to get a decent yield?

thanks for this help btw bro!

Look on Alibaba app - Search for a Meijiu 240w LED QB 3500k light... it's £95 + £40 postage. then buy a tent about 80x80x180 Then you can pimp it up from there. things like carbon filter to filter smell can be pretty cheap depending on where you look. It depends on your outcome really. If you want to grow all year round or just grow when you want some stuff then it's worth it 110%

at the end of the day mate, it's up to you. as long as you are 100% to try leave them by the window with expectation that you might get a ok yield or could get absolutely nothing at all, I've never grown outside etc so I wouldn't know :)
Remember you'll need food for the plant too :) 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, MedicalMike420 said:

Look on Alibaba app - Search for a Meijiu 240w LED QB 3500k light... it's £95 + £40 postage. then buy a tent about 80x80x180 Then you can pimp it up from there. things like carbon filter to filter smell can be pretty cheap depending on where you look. It depends on your outcome really. If you want to grow all year round or just grow when you want some stuff then it's worth it 110%

at the end of the day mate, it's up to you. as long as you are 100% to try leave them by the window with expectation that you might get a ok yield or could get absolutely nothing at all, I've never grown outside etc so I wouldn't know :)
Remember you'll need food for the plant too :) 

alright thanks youve been a legend! i mean i might risk it with the bag seed just as an experiment into how effective my kitchen is, and maybe get a tent and light for a proper grow now i got some nice seeds!

but yeh i think I'll vibe it with this one, i got some general organic plant food for veg etc, will that do?

anyway thanks again for the help ill update if theres any success!

16 minutes ago, Bagseedbro said:

alright thanks youve been a legend! i mean i might risk it with the bag seed just as an experiment into how effective my kitchen is, and maybe get a tent and light for a proper grow now i got some nice seeds!

but yeh i think I'll vibe it with this one, i got some general organic plant food for veg etc, will that do?

anyway thanks again for the help ill update if theres any success!

that depends, I'm not sure what elements that feed gives plants. You'll have to do some research but yo can buy a box of biobizz nutes from amazon for cheap. Called biobizz grow and biobizz bloom :) there are others, that's just the one I use for organic grows. What is the seed planted in?

Edited by MedicalMike420

Just now, MedicalMike420 said:

that depends, I'm not sure what elements that feed gives plants. You'll have to do some research but yo can buy a box of biobizz nutes from amazing for cheap. Called biobizz grow and biobizz bloom :) there are others, that's just the one I use for organic grows. What is the seed planted in?

yeh ill have a google mate! definitely dont mind spending on a bit of food for this. and i started it off in a small pot and just transplanted into a big pot yesterday, here it is today!

large.IMG_5728.jpeglarge.IMG_5724.JPG

2 people like this

Just now, Bagseedbro said:

yeh ill have a google mate! definitely dont mind spending on a bit of food for this. and i started it off in a small pot and just transplanted into a big pot yesterday, here it is today!

large.IMG_5728.jpeglarge.IMG_5724.JPG

The medium ;) ? is it soil? coco? compost? etc etc :) 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, MedicalMike420 said:

The medium ;) ? is it soil? coco? compost? etc etc :) 

ah ok i got you, sorry yeh i'm not 100% to be honest, i think its just from a sack from the garden centre, but probably some pretty basic garden centre compost i suppose.

1 person likes this