Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

H3MP3R0R

Hans panel yay or nay

Hi all,

Let me cut to the chase real quick, i need some input on below:

So, I am going micro (moved recently to a new place and now i have to go stealth), and the only size of tent that fits in the place where im going to use it is 40x40x120cm.

My plan here would be definitely a 1 plant show, either with strong LSD, some topping or a SCROG.

Now, first I was thinking to go HPS but in that small space I would struggle with high temperatures for sure, so I gave up on HPS and started thinking about LED (never used LED before).

I am doubting now between two options, one is to order quantum board from alibaba, the one below:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Kingbrite-newest-125w-Samsung-lm301h-288_62129393127.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.5dcd18a0utAv35

If i do that i would have to wait for a long time and I dont want that, so I checked local ads and found one guy close to me selling this thing for a very low amount of cash:

https://bonsaihero.com/eu/product/led-grow-hans-panel-180w/

Since this is 180W my concern is, is this too much for the tent of my size and will i struggle with heat?

Thanks!!

1 person likes this

I used to use Hans panels quite a bit , they where very good at the time . You prob be better off talking to Diyleduk as he has newer stuff than what Hans used to do, he died last year or year before which was a great loss to LED back then . It pains me to say there is better than those now technology wise , but if the price is right I'm sure it would work it might just be a tad to much mine was 150w pre 180 version and did 80x80 .

2 people like this

Yeah, Im aware the newer stuff is better, but the price this guy asks for a Hans panel is out of this world.

He used it for 2 grows, panel is 1 year old and he is selling it to me for (believe it or not) 30 pounds (more or less, since I have different currency in Croatia - new is more than 300 euros...)

Since it can be dimmed down, I think i will try my luck with it and also, if I buy bigger tent one day, I can still use the same light i bought for peanuts.... :D

2 people like this

For that money it's definitely worth a go .:oldtoker:

3 people like this

UPDATE:

Bought the panel, installed it, and for now I am very happy with it.

It is light, very manageable, I use it in vegetative mode, 100% power, and the heat coming from the panel is very low, I only have one 8cm PC vent at the exhaust and one 12cm PC vent that blows inside and my average daily temperature is 25 Celsius, with the night lowest going to 20 degrees so perfect conditions.

I measured (with the phone app though) the Lux output at 100% power in vegetative mode and it is 12000 lumens at 24cm distance, which my 4 day old plant loves as I can almost see it growing.

Also, I put my wife strawberries inside for 2 days which were almost dying before that and after only 2 days in the tent they became green healthy plants.

Will keep you updated, maybe open up a diary as well... 

Cheers!

5 people like this

I'd like to see a diary for sure, glad you got sorted in the end! 

Best of luck @H3MP3R0R

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, H3MP3R0R said:

I put my wife strawberries inside for 2 days which were almost dying before that and after only 2 days in the tent they became green healthy plants.

Just be careful you don't bring any pests inside too mate 

1 person likes this

Yeah I am aware of that, the strawberries are out already, but they are on the balcony in the same soil I use for my plant so it should not be any issue.

Opened the diary, you can find it here:

Peace!!

2 people like this