Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

QX-75 Micro Grow

146 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, 80085 said:

Funny you should say that was thinking the other day must help having oxygen be able to get all around the pot

Yep, that was my thinking too.  :) 

1 person likes this

Good job on the cabinet setup. Reminds me mine needs a few upgrades!

Hopefully you'll have a decent yield as i did pretty well with my diyled 65w board. 

3 people like this

9 hours ago, Prophet said:

Good job on the cabinet setup. Reminds me mine needs a few upgrades!

Hopefully you'll have a decent yield as i did pretty well with my diyled 65w board. 

Cheers man, yeah I saw your plants on the sweet seeds diary your plants looked mega mate some nice buds produced by the 65w board.. gets me excited to see what mine can do! 

2 people like this

Wow just found this thread, Ive been having the same idea and wandering if its worth pursuing it, from your results so far it looks like a safe bet. Will definitely be following. 

2 people like this

Pull up a chair @MindSoup nice, it will be interesting to see how flowering goes and controling environment in the shed but so far so good mate. I know if i knew this was possible I would have done it years ago! Credit to the new LED technology that's produced by @diyleduk

3 people like this

Howdy doodies boobies. 

I'm all over this. 

Just adore your cabinet. 

What's the total cost for the setup? 

Also, your intake is a 12v pc fan right? How come you didn't opt for a pasave intake, given the fact you've got quite a big extract fan for the size of cab. 

Can't wait to see how this fares in the winter. 

Utterly jealous of your setup of course, really nice  bit of work. 

2 people like this

Just had a look at this light o  the website and to say my jaw hit the floor would be an understatement. 

£80!? 

:scared:

Is that it? 

For as good a light as you could expect to put into micro grow  that's ridiculous. 

The "minigrow" complete cabinet costs a grand. 

An arguement could be made that that yours is more stealthy, better equipped and likely to outperform seedo/minigrow boxes. 

How much money you've saved!! 

Probably pays for itself in a couple of grows! 

Aww man this shit is so depressing. Why can't my garage have fucking power to it!!  Oh the pipedream! 

Fuck diddly fuck. 

You're living the dream dude

Edited by Ned Flanders
3 people like this

Sup @Ned Flanders

Cheers buddy, I would estimate the total cost of the setup to be about £200. The 4" rvk fan is running 24hr on setting 2 on the wac1 controller.. the pc fans are plugged into the "cold" plug on the ink bird controller and is set so if my cabinet reaches 30c the intake and outake pc fans then kick in bringing the temp down automatically. When they aren't running which is most of the time my intake is passive.

Yeah man these lights are a micro growers wet dream lol couldn't be more perfect and like you say at a bargain price.

So far it's completely smell and noise proof so you could sneak one in the house somewhere <_<

4 people like this

week 3 flower/flip

With colder temperatures this week I turned the light up last Sunday to 60w. Now watering with 2l every couple days.

Feed: 3ml/l bio grow

2ml/l bio bloom

1ml/l bio max

Temps: 20-29c

Rh: 45-65%

Light: 60w

Gave light defoliation couple days ago

large.rps20200702_195046.jpg

First signs of frost :skin_up:

large.rps20200702_195037.jpg

Some stacked real nice..

large.rps20200702_195028.jpg

Think I timed the flip bang on, plenty of head room at the moment..

large.rps20200702_195018.jpg

Only thing that's a pest at the moment is fungus gnats. Other than that all good so far! 

:hippy:

Edited by 80085
15 people like this

Maaaaaattteee, that looks absolutely lovely that does. Getting properly excited about getting something similar going now. 

3 people like this

week 4 flower/flip

well we're are at week 4 and I have bad news to report! The dicks gone and hermied on me :doh: pollen chucked an all!

Sprayed the plant and removed all the Nana's I could see. Will keep an eye on it but by the looks of the pistills turning brown I wonder if the damage has been done.

large.Screenshot_20200709_195851.jpg

I used cable ties on the stem to stop the split and they've dug into the plant maybe those to factors stressed her out.

Shame she was looking really good

large.rps20200709_195951.jpglarge.rps20200709_200001.jpg

Any advice on the best moves from now on? I'm assuming I just keep going and see what happens..

5 people like this

Crap luck mate,

Soft plant ties in future just in case.

how long did it have to go/ have you got something ready that could take over?

1 person likes this

Mate I had the same thing happen with my Sweet Seeds Lemon Kush (photoperiod) it's really disappointing.

I ripped mine out asap but people have just picked the nana's and persevered and come away with some smoke not sure how seeded though depends how viable the pollen is.

Contact @Sweet Seeds Apolo he'll help you with reporting the problem to them.

2 people like this

Interesting @Exhale the plant hasn't shown any signs of stress and there hasn't been any environmental stresses to trigger or light leaks so did wonder if it could be a trait from this new strain.. who knows. I will certainly be keeping an eye on the one iv got growing outdoors!

I will keep going to see what happens being a single plant grow with no back up iv got nothing to lose.. thought it was going to smoothly lol

It's still got another 3 weeks left @Shumroom and haven't got back ups no so will get what I get :doh:

Edited by 80085
2 people like this

Ahh that's shit luck!

I suppose you may as well let it finish, as there's only a few weeks left and no back up you can at least let it go too completion then either sift or alcohol wash the final result to get the good stuff minus the seeds.

Definitely let the sweetseed reps know what's happened though :yep:

3 people like this